Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Excellent post OP.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Well you sure made a strong argument. Its well known that all those tech start ups are being done in Georgia, the Carolinas, Alabama, Tennessee, you know, the epitome of red states. I mean none of those start ups are flocking to the bay area at all what so ever

Texas is a rare exception, due to the oil boom. And good for Texas for being blessed with an abundant resource in high demand creating good jobs. But outside those areas of work, many of the new jobs created were low paying or govt. employees
You know about the Research Triangle in North Carolina? Or the financial industry in Atlanta and CHarlotte? And blue collar jobs DO matter too. You must be a liberal elite who looks down on people who work in car plants and steel factories. Like I mentioned, I used to live in liberal Maryland where liberal taxes and regulations forced the closure of a large steel plant costing the state thousands of jobs. Many of those people have relocated to Texas and Tennessee and Alabama and found jobs there. Look at the booming Sunbelt cities across the South and Southwest. Several aerospace companies have chosen to set up new operations in Virginia instead of Maryland, in Texas instead of California.

Nobody wants to invest in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts or Illinois right now. California still has the benefits of the good weather, at least Southern California does. Many native-born Americans are fleeing the Northeast, and states like NY and NJ are only able to maintain current population levels because of illegal immigration. NJ and Michigan are basically economic wastelands compared to the Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston and Nashville areas. While Colorado is socially liberal and not very religious it IS very fiscally conservative and its also seeing lots of growth.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If you really think that women have babies so they can get greater benefits I would say with certainty that you`ve never raised children. By raising children I`m not talking about taking the boy fishing or to his little league game.
My friend's sister's neighbor actually admitted to having a new kid so they can the money for a new car and a larger house. These things certainly happen. The liberal elite "support the war" just like one of their other pet causes like solving African hunger or helping the whales in Japan.

Middle class and blue collar people who exposure to ghetto people, trailer trash, and illegal aliens know the truth and are fed up with the culture of dependency.

The Democrats do NOTHING to help the poor except give free handouts, using the tax money of people who actually work for a living. Raising the minimum wage also encourages people to work at McDonalds their entire life, when that's supposed to be a first job kind of thing. Fast food is not supposed to support a family. I have no sympathy for those people demanding $15 an hour talking about their 2-3 kids. Don't they realize many county health clinics offer free birth control? I am against abortion and I'm against the culture of promiscuity in today's youth, but am not against birth control. These people should try to better their own lives and work hard like the rest of us do.

Democrat policies hurt the working class and destroy blue collar jobs. California's tech start ups get government incentives but those are NOT the only jobs that matter. That's why California is divided between an extreme elite of software designers, Hollywood people and a vast underclass of illegal aliens, ghetto people, and working poor in dead end jobs like fast food, landscaping etc serving the elite. What about middle class/good blue collar jobs like steelmaking, coal mining, etc. Democrat states with the exception of West Virginia are not good for these blue collar jobs because of the ridiculous regulations. In many states, farmers also have to deal with unrealistic regulations passed by liberal legislators from big cities who don't know a thing about agriculture.

I also suggest you liberals visit coal country and see what the EPA policies have done to real people.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If you really think that women have babies so they can get greater benefits I would say with certainty that you`ve never raised children. By raising children I`m not talking about taking the boy fishing or to his little league game.
You see, go to any ghetto, illegal alien barrio, or trailer park and these kids are just left to their own devices, often running amok playing with no supervision. Many of them are into drugs and smoking when they are in their teens. This explains the Bible Belt thing too......a lot of here who are exposed to this crowd know the importance of moral values, most of the actual poor do not go to church or live a Godly life.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:24 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
I agree OP, that's why I'm an Independent. I don't think either side has any goal to help most of the regular day to day workers in America thrive here. Both sides are lying if they say otherwise. Our government is rotten, and it's not only rotten on one side, it's the whole apple. They've lost their sight due to greed.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I agree OP, that's why I'm an Independent. I don't think either side has any goal to help most of the regular day to day workers in America thrive here. Both sides are lying if they say otherwise. Our government is rotten, and it's not only rotten on one side, it's the whole apple. They've lost their sight due to greed.
AH, the old, everyone who disagrees with me is lying fallacy.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
You see, go to any ghetto, illegal alien barrio, or trailer park and these kids are just left to their own devices, often running amok playing with no supervision. Many of them are into drugs and smoking when they are in their teens. This explains the Bible Belt thing too......a lot of here who are exposed to this crowd know the importance of moral values, most of the actual poor do not go to church or live a Godly life.
I've never encountered a poor person on welfare who doesn't praise God. The bible nor church attendance has nothing to do with morals taught. IMO.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I see, your comment tells me you can't prove one sides better than the other. Do we need to start the battle of news stories on each side? Corruption, Dems-check, Reps-check, lying, check, check, taking payouts from business for favors, check, check, oh and of course, lying, check, check. I mean we could go on and on.
Have you tallied them up and decided than one side is the winner? Please share..... Last I checked neither were living up to peoples expectations.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:56 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually Texas has a pretty thriving software and technology development thing going on.
So does South Dakota, Brrrrrrrr.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That was totally disconnected! PoppySead only made a mostly true blanket statement about the lies of both parties, which had nothing to do with agreeing with her.

Are you using a cheat sheet for these canned responses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies