Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
1) Germany is the size of New Mexico and and 1/4 the population of the US. Not apples to apples.
2) A tax on the people to pay for private company energy development?
3) Ok
4) Most of America would not benefit from high-speed rail as a means for commuting
5) Ok. Like what?

It's easy to talk a big talk. And then reality gets in the way.
Reality is something these folks never take into account. Yes they want to throw billions at some hi speed rail system that will do nothing but for a few. If it is ever built on our dollars they will bray that more needs to be done and want to steal more of our money to baaa about. Just pathetic. Us is too large for any type of hi speed rail. Too many quakes too but the loons in Cali will just tax more to fix the damage done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Nice try. Both scenarios are a straw man argument. I also don't know where you get your 0.7% number from, I think you've pulled that from the department of posterior extraction!
I don't deny that big oil seeks to suppress any science that threatens their profits. That is only HALF of the story. I also don't deny that big science remains unaffected by politics, activism, dogma and greed. climate gate among other things proved this to be true.

I am about as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get. I don't buy any of them.
Calling skeptics "conspiracy theorists" is just another ad hominem to distract from the fact that people are asking questions and your side is unable to provide answers other then personal attacks designed to shut down the conversation.

"We routinely wrote scare stories...Our press reports were more or less true...We were out to whip the public into a frenzy about the environment."
Jim Sibbison, environmental journalist, former public relations official for the Environmental Protection Agency

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe."
Emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis."
Al Gore

"It is no secret that a lot of climate-change research is subject to opinion, that climate models sometimes disagree even on the signs of the future changes (e.g. drier vs. wetter future climate). The problem is, only sensational exaggeration makes the kind of story that will get politicians’ — and readers’ — attention. So, yes, climate scientists might exaggerate, but in today’s world, this is the only way to assure any political action and thus more federal financing to reduce the scientific uncertainty."
Monika Kopacz, atmospheric scientist

“No matter if the science is all phoney, there are collateral environmental benefits.... climate change [provides] the greatest chance to bring about justice and equality in the world.”
Christine Stewart, former Canadian Environment Minister

“We’ve got to ride the global-warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.”
Timothy Wirth, U.S./UN functionary, former elected Democrat Senator

"A global climate treaty must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the greenhouse effect."
Richard Benedik, former U.S./UN bureaucrat

“I had the privilege of being fired by Al Gore, since I refused to go along with his alarmism....I have spent a long research career studying physics that is closely related to the greenhouse effect....Fears about man-made global warming are unwarranted and are not based on good science. The earth's climate is changing now, as it always has. There is no evidence that the changes differ in any qualitative way from those of the past.”
Will Harper, Princeton University physicist, former Director of Energy Research at the Department of Energy

“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense…The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.”
Delgado Domingos, environmental scientist

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”
Nobel Prize Winner For Physics, Ivar Giaever
How much longer are you going to use the "appeal to authority fallacy"? You do know that we aren't buying your cherry picked little gems don't you?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
co2 is not pollution no matter what the idiots at the EPA say. It is necessary for life and if you think co2 is pollution then kill yourself and save mother earth as you are a polluter in your own eyes.
Too much of anything is indeed pollution.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
So, it sounds like what you folks are trying to communicate to us is that humans can't prove that we have had any measurable impact on the global warming and cooling cycle.......that the earth is still in charge of it's on corrective actions..........but humans have screwed up so badly by building a civilization near the ocean that we now need to tax everyone to pay for those bad decisions?

Is that what you're saying? It sure sounds like it! Thank you for your transparency!
Why are you afraid of a carbon tax? What do you know about how it works and how do you think it will effect you personally?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM

So liberalism is pollution?

No co2 is not pollution and never will be no matter what your heroes say. They don't have a clue just want tax money. That is what it's all about. If co2 were pollution and destroying mother earth calls to halt it all, not tax it, would be screamed from the balcony. It isn't screamed though only want it to be taxed. There is the big lie laid out for you. Either ignore it like the rest or deal with the reality of the lie.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Such as too many quotes from some denialist blog.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why are you afraid of a carbon tax? What do you know about how it works and how do you think it will effect you personally?
Personally? Higher energy costs, food costs, basically everything will be more expensive. That is how it will effect anyone "personally". You don't seem to care though. The poor you folks always claim to fight for will be effected the most and become more poor as that dollar will be stretched thinner to pay for all the higher costs your global warming co2 tax nonsense sets across the board. Of course then you will scream they need a higher min wage to survive next. On and on it goes with you folks. Stealing money from others for your idiotic causes that do nothing but hurt all.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Because my logic is so amazingly sound and irrefutable, this is about the only response I would expect from your types.

I'll try once again: Tell me what taxing Americans will do to solve global climate change? Maybe a second time will be a charm.
I've posted this several times, but you AGW deniers seem to be ignoring it....We have a carbon tax in BC...It works and is revenue neutral. Every dollar collected is returned to the people through reduced personal and business income taxes.
B.C. carbon tax showing positive results - The Globe and Mail

Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 PM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

This is the link ( B.C. carbon tax showing positive results - The Globe and Mail ) you posted in another topic about carbon tax. The people their seem to disagree with your claims that everyone loves it and blah, blah, blah, that the economy is great, blah, blah, blah. Your claims have been "busted".

Old 06-09-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So liberalism is pollution?

No co2 is not pollution and never will be no matter what your heroes say. They don't have a clue just want tax money. That is what it's all about. If co2 were pollution and destroying mother earth calls to halt it all, not tax it, would be screamed from the balcony. It isn't screamed though only want it to be taxed. There is the big lie laid out for you. Either ignore it like the rest or deal with the reality of the lie.
Nobody is calling for a halt to all CO2....That would destroy our civilization and life on this planet....You really need to educate yourself on this, as you are constantly wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies