Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Not speculating.

And once again, while you take a moment to bash the Obamas and the Clintons, you don't actually rebut anything I've stated.
That's because it's impossible to rebut total idiocy.

One simply can't have an intelligent discussion with a rotted fence post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I love that the left hated Romney because he can't possibly understand the average American, yet somehow think the Clintons do.
I've been thinking the same thing throughout this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 03:43 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Perhaps you'd go back and actually read what I wrote.

They struggled financially when they lived in Arkansas.

Bill paid for college with SCHOLARSHIPS.

I'm sure it's a struggle for you to comprehend.

Actually, Hillary herself said they struggled:

Quote:
"We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea's education"

Old 06-10-2014, 03:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lolol. You think because she "stated as much" that it's true?

Oh, my. It truly and seriously is MUCH worse than I thought.

I have to hand it to you. You've given me my best fit of giggles so far..........this year, I believe!
I think it's true because several reputable news sources have checked and state that it's true.

You're bias is showing, by the way.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You really want to bring up their years in Arkansas? The years they increased their wealth by screwing folks out of their hard earned money? I guess that's ok, since they were "struggling".

No, they weren't born rich. They just earned the old tried and true way of corruption.
I think you know absolutely nothing about their years in Arkansas.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:53 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Here is Rand Paul weighing in on Hillary's sad sack story. He refers to Hillary as a limousine liberal.

Rand Paul to Hillary: Take Your 'Sad Song' of Financial Difficulties to the American People

Old 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I SAID she didn't lie.

And just to be clear, worry is NOT struggle. Wondering which of your mansions to spend time in is worry. Lying awake at night, trying to decide whether you'll buy groceries or clothes for your children is struggle.

Yes, it IS a mockery. Those words came out of her mouth in an attempt to seem like regular folk. Not quite, Hil. You still look like a carpetbagging opportunist.

I love that the left hated Romney because he can't possibly understand the average American, yet somehow think the Clintons do.
Once again, they financially struggled in Arkansas.

It was well-known. It was the reason the First Lady of Arkansas had to WORK for a living. Because the governorship at the time only paid $35,000/year, about the same as a reporter working for the Washington Post made at that time. There were many Arkansans who felt that the First Lady shouldn't work, that her responsibility was to the state. Just as there were many Arkansas who were offended that the First Lady of Arkansas didn't go by her married name. It was a political issue. She couldn't give up work, since they needed the money. She did change her name to her husband's.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:34 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Once again, they financially struggled in Arkansas.

It was well-known. It was the reason the First Lady of Arkansas had to WORK for a living. Because the governorship at the time only paid $35,000/year, about the same as a reporter working for the Washington Post made at that time. There were many Arkansans who felt that the First Lady shouldn't work, that her responsibility was to the state. Just as there were many Arkansas who were offended that the First Lady of Arkansas didn't go by her married name. It was a political issue. She couldn't give up work, since they needed the money. She did change her name to her husband's.
He earned $35K a year.

She made $200K a year.

She also turned a $1000 investment into $100K in the late 70's.

Let me be clear, I don't begrudge anyone turning a profit, earning a living, making a buck.

What I do have a problem with is her positioning herself as an "everywoman" - how "dead broke" they were when they left the WH. How they "struggled".

Give me an effing break. Puh-lease.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
He earned $35K a year.

She made $200K a year.

She also turned a $1000 investment into $100K in the late 70's.

Let me be clear, I don't begrudge anyone turning a profit, earning a living, making a buck.

What I do have a problem with is her positioning herself as an "everywoman" - how "dead broke" they were when they left the WH. How they "struggled".

Give me an effing break. Puh-lease.
Let's add more context. $35K in 1983 is $83,300 in today's $ and in a low cost of living state. Plus free housing in the governor's mansion, plus free transportation, plus free other fringe benefits (no not the female victims that Hillary calls bimbos). It would have been only $60K by 1992 in today's money.

But, Bill Clinton also reported other income and his wife out earned him.

Their total combined income adjusted for inflation in the early 1990s before he was president was over $400K a year in a low cost of living state, while getting free housing in the governor's mansion and free transportation....real 'struggling class' people.

Clinton Income Dipped in '91; Jerry Brown Grossed $117,340 - Los Angeles Times
CPI Inflation Calculator

But this is a side point irrelevant to Hillary struggling as she left the White House with an inflation adjusted $11,000,000 check advance for her book in December 2000, and averaging a $1,000,000 in income every 17 days for a net assets of over $35 Million after subtracting debt and adjusting for inflation....while getting countless free perks.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 06-10-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm looking forward to it. I saw a preview of it and it looks good. I can't wait till she becomes president. What we need is strong woman to lead this country.
Yeah, why not? The black prez theme is shot to hell, let's try another.
After all, it's just one big social experiment, right?

Old 06-10-2014, 04:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Let's add more context. $35K in 1983 is $83,300 in today's $ and in a low cost of living state. It would have been only $60K by 1992 in today's money.

But, Bill Clinton also reported other income and his wife out earned him.

Their total combined income adjusted for inflation in the early 1990s before he was president was over $400K a year in a low cost of living state....real 'struggling class' people.

Clinton Income Dipped in '91; Jerry Brown Grossed $117,340 - Los Angeles Times
CPI Inflation Calculator

But this is a side point irrelevant to Hillary struggling as she left the White House with an inflation adjusted $11,000,000 check advance for her book in December 2000, and averaging a $1,000,000 in income every 17 days for a net assets of over $35 Million after subtracting debt and adjusting for inflation....while getting countless free perks.

Everyone ought to be as dead broke as the Clintons! anyone buys that crap they were broke, are fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies