Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yet he sat there was a camera filming when he could have just laughed at her and drove away.

They're both a little nuts. Her mostly.
It's harassment in NYS in the 2nd and 3rd Degree and if a police officer were there to witness it, then she would have been arrested. However, if the police had not witnessed it, he could have made a complaint report to have it on file, which is what I would have done.

Personally, I would have had her arrested for menacing, harassment and possible disorderly conduct.

He was a lot nicer about it then I would have been.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 PM

251 posts, read 637,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've had crazy people rant at me before but I didn't feel the need to hide behind some victim status baloney.

People are picked out by crazy people for many random reasons. This one happened to choose the man's race.

In my book he's a whining little baby.

Oh my god. Black people you see how twisted and demented these people think. It's about to be insane out here. It about to be jim crow all over again. Prepare yourself AND you kids for what's coming.

t about to be jim crow all over again. Prepare yourself AND you kids for what's coming.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not accepted at all in my circle in any form. I've seen the younger generation of my friends who use it with each other and they are of different races. I get that they mean he's my buddy, but we tell them it's not acceptable. They don't use it around adults much but more than likely when the cats away....
Its not accepted in your circle? You could have fooled me! So different races use the N word around you so that must mean it has nothing to do with skin color?

The things you read on the internet!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 12:12 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You seem to like to discuss racial themed threads from what I can tell and make provocative comments. For instance you liking how Sharpton gets under conservatives skins. Is not his racism worse than this ignorant woman in this video in your mind

More to the point about your comment, you make it seem as if the result of a white person uttering the word n igger is somehow worse than a black person saying it. Your supposed proof is an implication that reaction to it would indicate a difference. In reality many leaders in the black community abhor the use of it among fellow blacks. That is especially true when blacks in the entertainment industry use it and it reaches millions of people.
So I believe a logical argument could be made that it is MORE harmful for blacks to say it, than non blacks.
A more accurate statement is "I seem to post in racial themed threads (started by conservatives) for the purpose of setting the record straight". When certain types spew misinformation you're damn straight I'm going to set the record straight! There's no place for ignorance to hide when I'm around...

Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No, I don't. I'm a black man and have argued on this particular board for years racism is alive and well in this world. Every no armpit shaving liberal on this board has lambasted me saying it isn't true and I am making things up.

I happen to live in the "tolerant" SF Bay Area and have been subjected to racism you cannot begin to fathom. When I explain the things I've seen and been subjected too, liberals deny it occurs. Its "You live out there. In Oakland and San Francisco it doesn't occur." When I explain I lived most of my life in Oakland, its one excuse after another.

The fact is plain and simple: The WORLD has made NO inroads to ending racism. Racism is alive and well in this country and continues to flourish. No amount of tree hugging is going to change the human response to different skin color.
I'm a liberal and a white woman and racism is alive and well and NOT confined to one area of this country. Its disgusting to me. It makes me ashamed to be white to hear things like this and of course the many, many other stories that prove the same thing.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They both were very wrong.

I am not sure how starting a car could scare a child.....but OK...it did.

Why did they both stay there....both should have left the area.....it looked about even to me.

Who could be in BIG trouble????

The man.....he has no right to video children and post it on the internet.

He needs to find an attorney and a good one......first thing in the morning.
I can tell you if I started my car and some cow like her came bellowing out at me, I would have sat there as long as I pleased BECAUSE THAT IS MY RIGHT. If she didn't want her children filmed she should have shut her face and gone inside. She is the one who created the incident that caused it all. It looked to me that this woman was about to throw that white cup at him, I would have been filming that as well. How is an issue such as the idea that this black man should rush to leave an area because some nasty woman gets upset, if its not put in the limelight.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There are racists, and water is wet. This is a bad example of one, since it clearly has a host of issues and would not be a big shock she is a racist. Find a nice fat cat well respected person and get him or her spouting off like that. Then we'll have something. This is kind of dumb, look at her. If this was a trashy unstable looking black guy saying racist thing to a clear headed white person, I don't think we would have the outrage. We would see the guy as a victim of some sort and say give him a break he is uncultured and grew up in a poor environment.
Nah.....you'd say he was representative of all black people.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yep...so it goes. That kind of mentality is all over this forum.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:48 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Some of us actually see individuals, not races. Shame that so many relate to the players in this video as representative of anything based on race. The behavior on the other hand, is a trend. These people represent immaturity and the grievance culture so many have chosen to embrace.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There's no place for ignorance to hide when I'm around...
gonnna have to go ahead and agree with you there.

ignorance is certainly on full display when you are around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies