Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 08:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Sadly people think that they can use the bi-polar excuse for bad behavior when in fact it is just bad behavior and nothing else. There are levels of bi-polar. I knew someone who was taking drugs not for bi-polar but ended up being diagnosed as bi-polar because of her behavior/reaction to the drugs. When she stopped taking the various drugs all the bi-polar "signs" went away.

Obviously your friend was on the extreme end of bi-polar and must have been off his meds.

I don't think this woman is bi-polar, but now she has given racists an excuse for their bad behavior.
He was.....one was lithium....he said it slowed him down....but, it was supposed to.

He was in and out of lock up hospitals his whole adult life.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Lol, wait...

Doesn't this video imply that this woman is representative of all white people? Even if it doesn't, there is some very significant propaganda effect here. This is not even arguable by the viral reaction of the video.
No, it implies that she is representative of her own crazy self.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No, it implies that she is representative of her own crazy self.
Exactly! Just as the fool ( my opinion) in the car was representative of HIMSELF, not all black people.
They were both fools, IMO, because EITHER could have defused the situation by simply leaving! SHE could have walked away at any time, HE could have driven away at any time.
However, they BOTH chose to stay and escalate the confrontation.
They were both incredibly foolish, IMO!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:49 AM

If the woman is truly bipolar......she could not stop her rant at that time.....any more than one of us could stop a sneeze.

That does not make her right.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I'd happily call you whatever name I feel you deserved to be called to your face. And you'd slink away. I'll leave it at that.
Confidence is a good thing. I can dig it.

The N word (the word you're actually talking about without coming right out and saying so)? Nah...you ain't cut like that.

I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm interested to know, how many people on this thread and in general, who say racism is "dead" are actually black or some other minority? Its funny, when these things occur and come up, it appears as if white people (the ones who don't get subjected to racism) are the ones pounding the pulpit saying it doesn't occur.

Wake up, smell the coffee, and see the light. Racism, to a BLACK man, is alive and well. Never changed, never went anywhere, never disappeared. It is just as bad in 2014 as it was 1960. As a white person, you don't see it; however, its there. It "maybe" hidden a tad, however, it is there.
Yeah...although I don't think racism is a major problem anymore, there's no doubt that it's still lingering around.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If the woman is truly bipolar......she could not stop her rant at that time.....any more than one of us could stop a sneeze.

That does not make her right.
What is this bipolar diagnosis?

None of you put people on couches for a living. Maybe she's just a nasty, racist jerk. No more, no less.

Ever thought about that?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Nobody is "turning the tables" to "make him look bad".
And then immediately afterwards...

Quote:
The fact he juiced the situation by playing a martyr achieves this all this on it's own merit.
Boom, doing exactly what he says "nobody" is doing.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What is this bipolar diagnosis?

None of you put people on couches for a living. Maybe she's just a nasty, racist jerk. No more, no less.

Ever thought about that?
That is why I said IF.

I was going by what she said.....or, don't you know what IF means?????

Old 06-11-2014, 03:49 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
What what I see both are equally to blame. Both could have walked away at any time. He used the N word many more times than her, and he seemed to enjoy provoking her. Two immature children taunting each other..
The man in the car is not to blame. She verbally assaulted him, and he repeated it. She go offended by what she herself had said. Him using the "N word" more is also irrelevant. He was only saying it to repeat what she had said. And really, who was using it in a worse way? The man sitting in his car, or the lunatic shouting it with her kids nearby.

I honestly am more concerned for those kids. They have a terrible mother. Maybe the dad is a more rational person? I can only hope. But those kids are in a seriously bad position.

Also, many people walked by, none of them tried to stop it. Why? Surely someone could see what was happening was completely unreasonable.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:08 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
And then immediately afterwards...

Boom, doing exactly what he says "nobody" is doing.
Oh, you're right. I am wrong.

Nobody but himself is trying to make him look bad. So you are right, there was one person.

Apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies