Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 10:50 PM

88,263 posts, read 84,222,834 times

Advertisements

I told my daughter about this thread (and the canoe joke). She said she had a black woman with her daughter come in tonight and they left her 20%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 10:55 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,639,840 times
Australian's are the same way. When I worked as a tour guide in Alaska I always tried to pawn the black's and Australian's off on other guides. When you make your living on tips it matters.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 PM

72,860 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I can hear it now... "I'm an African American women. And your waitress is racist".

I've heard the same thing. By the way, what problem do blacks have with Asian's and Japanese anyway? I'm told that blacks don't treat them very nice. Just repeating what I am told (by a couple of people)
The only thing you have proven is that

1) You disagree with me
2) You didn't like what I said
3) You couldn't refute anything I said.
4) Because you couldn't refute anything I said, you responded with crass comments and making up lies.

In short, the only thing that has been proven is an inability to communicate properly.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Australian's are the same way. When I worked as a tour guide in Alaska I always tried to pawn the black's and Australian's off on other guides. When you make your living on tips it matters.
Really? Honestly, I can say I do not like the way you did that. I will tell you why. I am a Black man, and I feel if you would do that to other Blacks, how will I know you won't do that to me?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:08 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The only thing you have proven is that

1) You disagree with me
2) You didn't like what I said
3) You couldn't refute anything I said.
4) Because you couldn't refute anything I said, you responded with crass comments and making up lies.

In short, the only thing that has been proven is an inability to communicate properly.
Just as expected. In your mind no one refutes anything you say. So how many times did you post the "can't refute you" comment now.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just as expected. In your mind no one refutes anything you say. So how many times did you post the "can't refute you" comment now.
Does it matter how many times I said it? The point is, you have only shown that you didn't like what I had to say, but couldn't prove me wrong. I have become more skilled in how many people communicate. Whenever someone responds to a statement with a crass joke, insult, or goes completely off topic, it means said person is evading the topic.

Now, my statement was:

"I'm not responsible for some people who don't tip properly. If I tip properly, then that should be on me and me alone. If you treat me poorly because you assume I will tip poorly, then you won't get a tip. Most likely, I might call the manager or corporate."

Answer this for me. What did anything in your response to that have to do with what I said?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,639,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Honestly, I can say I do not like the way you did that. I will tell you why. I am a Black man, and I feel if you would do that to other Blacks, how will I know you won't do that to me?
It's nothing personal. It's just a fact of life. When you only have 4 months to make your years wages you have to be practical. When tips are 90% of your income what would you do?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
It's nothing personal. It's just a fact of life. When you only have 4 months to make your years wages you have to be practical. When tips are 90% of your income what would you do?
I do not care whether or not it is a fact of life. If it means I get treated poorly, it is personal to me. I don't care why. I care about how I will be treated at the end of the day. If I am not going to stiff someone, why should I be treated poorly? Give me one reason why I should take it, that is related to me.

What would I do? I certainly wouldn't have done what you did.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 PM

This is the way I look at things. I am responsible for me. When I am in a restaurant, I will tip based on the service I get. Good service, good tip. That is what I do. If some other persons who are Black tip poorly, to be perfectly honest, there is nothing I can do about that. I can only be responsible for myself in that aspect. I honestly don't know why some Blacks tip poorly. I never asked, I have never been curious as to why. In fact, for a long time, it has never been anything I've thought of, until someone actually brought it up.

The way I see it, what I do is my responsibility. If I tip badly, hold me, and only me, responsible. The way I see it, the next person coming along has not proven to be troublesome. Why should that person have to "prove himself/herself" in order to get approval?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:41 AM

4,670 posts, read 5,072,269 times
When I delivered pizzas in high school, I don't ever remember being tipped by blacks or Indians (Gandhi not Tonto) which is terrible because I used gas and had to cover wear and tear. My best tip was from a Mexican group of some kind. It was a 30% tip on an order that was like 20 pizzas which is a few hundred dollars! Muy bueno!!!

For people that don't tip or are terrible tippers without reason, I hope you have the common sense to not go to the same restaurant twice. They probably won't throw your food on the ground and or spit on it, but there are other things they can do. Having been in this industry, I tip what is due. Bad service=5%, Ok service= 15%, Good service=20%, and Great service=25%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies