Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 06:30 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,994,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
So if gun control laws in a city do not work because criminals can travel to get their guns, your answer is do away with the gun control laws altogether and have more guns.

Perhaps the better policy is to strengthen our national laws so that crazies can't travel to get guns.
Except that possession and carrying of a gun is de facto illegal in many of these same cities where they can travel and get guns. If it's illegal for them to do so now, what will stop them from buying a gun from the black market that will almost certainly pop up? The problem is murderers, not guns, seeing as the murderers are the ones killing people; unlike nuclear weapons which indiscriminately kill thousands of people, guns can be just as easily used to target and take down your assailant as they can be used by an assailant; innocent people will be safer from criminals when they are armed and can fight back on even terms than they would if they are disarmed and unable to fight (as innocent law-abiding people would be under your plan). Criminals will have guns with or without gun control, as experience has taught us; loosening gun control leads to more guns in the hands of non-criminals, which is only a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Turns out Harry Reid was right about Bundy and Bunkerville being full of domestic terrorists. Unless you call killing two policemen and draping a Tea Party Gadsden Flag over the bodies of two dead police officers normal "Chicago" style violence.

Reid calls Bundy supporters
You do know they were the only protesters kicked off the Bundy ranch, don't you? So these 2 were there, but told to leave. Hardly an open arms welcome for terrorists.

Compare that to a certain domestic terrorist who was thwarted only by his own incompetence. That terrorist? A valued and idolized frequent guest of the WH.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Hahahahahahahaha …

Unless the conservatives on this forum aren't representative of the "conservative thought process." Because there are posts just today and yesterday about why government employees deserve to be killed, cops deserve to be killed, etc. etc.

No, I'm not going to look them up for you. You're here long enough every day to find them for yourself. Not to mention that you probably already saw them and are just pretending they don't exist.
Translation: they don't exist. And I'm hoping that nobody will notice.....

Old 06-10-2014, 07:03 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,994,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
As long as there is money in it, Organizations like FOX and people like Alex Jones will continue to incite these nuts to violence.... If there's money in it, anything goes.
Neither Fox News nor Alex Jones have incited anyone to aggressive violence, nor have any of them told anyone to drive up and shoot any government employee. Alex Jones believes that these shootings play right into the hands of the globalists, so if anything one of his followers would be less inclined towards aggressive violence, not more inclined.

To say otherwise is nothing more than slander designed to legitimize the targeting of and suppression of dissent against the government, which could very well lead to mass killings. Think that's off the wall? Well, think again; there is a concerted effort to classify Tea Partiers, anti-government folks, and dissenters in general as terrorists, and it is now de facto legal for the government to kill, imprison, and torture terrorists at will. In practical terms, Bush and Obama have legalized a holocaust; all of the powers needed for one are in place, and the de facto legality is established among all branches of government. All that remains is someone with the will to do it, and I hope we never come to that stage.

I say all this because at around the same time this story came out detailing that sexual assault and torture of innocent women is apparently standard procedure in a jail in New Albany, Indiana. Mass torture and sexual assault under color of law should be at least as newsworthy as a triple murder, yet we've heard almost nothing about it? Why? It's because it was done by the government, and the media either consider it perfectly okay for innocent women to be sexually assaulted and tortured routinely as long as it's done by the badged master race, and/or they want (consciously or not) to project an image that only anti-government people are violent and the current regime is legitimate and they don't care about anything else. Neither reflects favorably on their moral compass. Pro-government rhetoric obviously incited these people to this act of heinous violence against women; it certainly makes a lot more sense than anti-government rhetoric and the Vegas killers. At the very least the mentality that is prevalent in police that has as its cornerstones "police=soldiers and civilians=enemy" and "I'm the boss and you must obey me" is behind this, and that is being fostered by the government itself.

Back to the aforementioned possibility of mass killings, there are eight stages of genocide according to Genocide Watch. When it comes to targeting the Tea Party, we've reached classification, symbolization, and (since the shutdown) dehumanization. Steps one, two, and three all occur in most vigorous democracies; one should get worried when it reaches organization and polarization, steps four and five. There's increasing evidence of step four appearing with the "anti-government=terrorist threat we must prepare for" meme, and shades of step five are already appearing among some pro-government people. Preparation, step six, is when you should start to get really worried; forced segregation, starvation, expropriation of property, etc. happens to the targeted group, and death lists are drawn up. We're not anywhere near that yet; even though Obama does have a death list, it appears there aren't any Tea Party people on it (yet). Step seven is the genocide itself, and step eight is denial of it. This might sound fantastic, but we're progressing down the slippery slope here, and I don't see any sign of it stopping yet. Previously there wasn't much indication of steps four and five, but now there are outlines of it starting to peer out from the fog.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Neither Fox News nor Alex Jones have incited anyone to aggressive violence, nor have any of them told anyone to drive up and shoot any government employee. Alex Jones believes that these shootings play right into the hands of the globalists, so if anything one of his followers would be less inclined towards aggressive violence, not more inclined.

To say otherwise is nothing more than slander designed to legitimize the targeting of and suppression of dissent against the government, which could very well lead to mass killings. Think that's off the wall? Well, think again; there is a concerted effort to classify Tea Partiers, anti-government folks, and dissenters in general as terrorists, and it is now de facto legal for the government to kill, imprison, and torture terrorists at will. In practical terms, Bush and Obama have legalized a holocaust; all of the powers needed for one are in place, and the de facto legality is established among all branches of government. All that remains is someone with the will to do it, and I hope we never come to that stage.

I say all this because at around the same time this story came out detailing that sexual assault and torture of innocent women is apparently standard procedure in a jail in New Albany, Indiana. Mass torture and sexual assault under color of law should be at least as newsworthy as a triple murder, yet we've heard almost nothing about it? Why? It's because it was done by the government, and the media either consider it perfectly okay for innocent women to be sexually assaulted and tortured routinely as long as it's done by the badged master race, and/or they want (consciously or not) to project an image that only anti-government people are violent and the current regime is legitimate and they don't care about anything else. Neither reflects favorably on their moral compass. Pro-government rhetoric obviously incited these people to this act of heinous violence against women; it certainly makes a lot more sense than anti-government rhetoric and the Vegas killers. At the very least the mentality that is prevalent in police that has as its cornerstones "police=soldiers and civilians=enemy" and "I'm the boss and you must obey me" is behind this, and that is being fostered by the government itself.

Back to the aforementioned possibility of mass killings, there are eight stages of genocide according to Genocide Watch. When it comes to targeting the Tea Party, we've reached classification, symbolization, and (since the shutdown) dehumanization. Steps one, two, and three all occur in most vigorous democracies; one should get worried when it reaches organization and polarization, steps four and five. There's increasing evidence of step four appearing with the "anti-government=terrorist threat we must prepare for" meme, and shades of step five are already appearing among some pro-government people. Preparation, step six, is when you should start to get really worried; forced segregation, starvation, expropriation of property, etc. happens to the targeted group, and death lists are drawn up. We're not anywhere near that yet; even though Obama does have a death list, it appears there aren't any Tea Party people on it (yet). Step seven is the genocide itself, and step eight is denial of it. This might sound fantastic, but we're progressing down the slippery slope here, and I don't see any sign of it stopping yet. Previously there wasn't much indication of steps four and five, but now there are outlines of it starting to peer out from the fog.
I'm not reading all of that...

Old 06-10-2014, 07:33 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Really? Care to cite some sources for those statistics?
To use the usual conservative response -- which I believe you have used with me -- why should he? YOU prove it's NOT true.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Translation: they don't exist. And I'm hoping that nobody will notice.....
Translation: I know perfectly well what you're talking about but I'm hoping you won't actually prove me wrong and show me up.

You're right. I don't need to prove anything to you because you know exactly what I'm talking about and so does everyone else reading on this forum regularly. And you're just not that important to me individually.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
To use the usual conservative response -- which I believe you have used with me -- why should he? YOU prove it's NOT true.

Show me where I've used that argument in a discussion about statistics with you. When I use numbers such as that, I generally cite the source when I post.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:48 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Just so sad...

Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm not reading all of that...
You should. It's a very good post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies