Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Prove it.
Prove its not true, stalker. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 01:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Why are you not surprised?

The better question is "Why do you care?"

Old 06-09-2014, 01:01 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
In the Middle East? Absolutely. You know, the wars started by GW Bush for fun and profit.

Now, Mr. Hyperbole, do tell me about all the "blood" the government has spilled here in the U.S. that outnumbers those fun little excursions.
Well let's start with the genocide of the Natives. Then we can add in the Philippines, striking workers our government had soldiers shoot over the years in the 19th and 20th centuries, besides the bonus army. The victims of the war on drug with all these botched raids, raids on the wrong people, etc., Ruby Ridge, Waco....and then we can go into our government's activities in central and south America.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Mother Jones
A progressive who exploit laborers, entry-level jobs being relabeled interns so they can tell them to sign up for welfare.

501(c)(3) nonprofit. Revenue comes from subscriptions and donors, big and small. The Exploited Laborers of the Liberal Media | VICE United States

Mother Jones Advised Intern to ‘Sign Up For Food Stamps’
mother-jones-advised-intern-sign-food-stamps-charles-c-w-cooke
Every time someone asks a con on this forum if they take advantage of government programs, the answer is invariably that yes, they do, because they're paying for it and they might as well use what's offered.

Every time someone points out that WalMart does the same, every con on this forum says yes, they're doing what they should to maximize revenue.

Finally -- as was pointed out to you on that thread, multiple times -- though you conveniently ignored it -- those intern jobs are NEVER intended to works as jobs, they are learning experiences for journalists in training. NO ONE pays interns enough to live on except in very high-flying Wall Street firms and the like. That meme was stretched, tweaked and beaten into submission as something intended to smear MoJo. Again, because conservatives fear that which they cannot buy.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well let's start with the genocide of the Natives. Then we can add in the Philippines, striking workers our government had soldiers shoot over the years in the 19th and 20th centuries, besides the bonus army. The victims of the war on drug with all these botched raids, raids on the wrong people, etc., Ruby Ridge, Waco....and then we can go into our government's activities in central and south America.
Oh no you don't.

There are at least five threads running right now in which you righties refuse to accept any argument or statistic more than a few years old. Nice try, but you can't have it both ways.

Besides, we're talking about today's vile right-wingers murdering innocent people. The only way this RW filth is influenced by 200-year-old events is because someone -- now who could that be, Rush Limbaugh? -- is telling them they should be influenced.

These people barely have high school diplomas. Not to mention the fact that I have yet to meet a righty who doesn't think the natives, Filipinos, workers etc. had it coming. So don't try to kid me me that these RW murderers give a good god damn about any of those victims. Don't even try, because it's such a stupid argument, I'll probably hurt myself laughing.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Prove its not true, stalker. Lol
Hm, I was on this thread before you were. Who's stalking who?

And, uh, in case you hadn't noticed, it makes you look REALLY stupid to make blanket assertions of ridiculous proportions and then try to back it up by making the challenger prove a negative.

Kind of embarrassing. I better get back to work, because watching people embarrass themselves makes me feel bad.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The behavior is more that of liberals not conservatives.
I vehemently disagree, and I'm tired of reading this nonsense on the political forums. This behavior is not typical of either conservatives or liberals. It is the behavior of unbalanced individuals, who feed off of ideological extremism -- us vs. them -- that your post demonstrates so well.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
"The suspects in Sunday's shooting spree in Las Vegas that claimed the lives of two police officers and a shopper were a young married couple who espoused extreme pro-gun and anti-government views on their Facebook pages and who had spent time at the ranch of Cliven Bundy, whose standoff with the federal government made him a cause celebre in the so-called 'patriot' movement."

When is this country going to stop coddling these maniacs and start calling them out for what they are: terrorists?

The Chilling Anti-Government, Cliven Bundy-Loving Facebook Posts of the Alleged Las Vegas Shooters | Mother Jones

Revolution? Terrorists?

2 idiots is more like it.

pro-gun and anti-government doesn't mean your a terrorist and if the American people view "anti-government people as terrorist" because they are progun and anti-government maybe this 2 idiots might have a point in their line of thinking.

This is America right?

Old 06-09-2014, 01:23 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Oh no you don't.

There are at least five threads running right now in which you righties refuse to accept any argument or statistic more than a few years old. Nice try, but you can't have it both ways.

Besides, we're talking about today's vile right-wingers murdering innocent people. The only way this RW filth is influenced by 200-year-old events is because someone -- now who could that be, Rush Limbaugh? -- is telling them they should be influenced.

These people barely have high school diplomas. Not to mention the fact that I have yet to meet a righty who doesn't think the natives, Filipinos, workers etc. had it coming. So don't try to kid me me that these RW murderers give a good god damn about any of those victims. Don't even try, because it's such a stupid argument, I'll probably hurt myself laughing.
Go show some concern for the Leftwingers killing innocents, cops and each other in all the big cities across this country.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:24 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Oh no you don't.

Don't try to put others' words in my mouth. I really don't care what others have posted on other threads, my posts here have been very clear. The US government has literally tons of innocent blood on its hands, for it or its defenders to whine about "anti-government" people killing a couple cops, well, that's just absurd. Our government is a violent bully of the world. It has no credibility or standing to judge anyone or anything as wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies