Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:28 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,487,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Police depts. need to be able to protect the population from the fire power on the streets. The police are our employees. More guns in the population, does not mean a safer society. The NRA lobby loves these posts to be able to ramp up sales.
They have no legal obligation to protect citizens, they DO have a legal obligation to enforce whatever law is put in front of them. (Constitutional or not... their oath don't mean crap.)

It is funny that you think more semi-automatic weapons in the hands of citizens makes the world more dangerous, but you are fine with militarizing an organization that can murder with impunity. Cops can break into THE WRONG HOUSE during a "raid" with stunning regularity. Cops have killed people in these raids on the wrong house, and they get paid suspension.

If a private citizen kills a peaceful person, they don't get a paid vacation, they go to prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
They need to prepare for war. Obama is allowing this guy and his friends to stroll across the south boarder into our country...
Yeah, they are preparing for war with Mexican gangsters, and purposely allowing them into the country.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 AM

POLICE RAID SOLDIER’S HOUSE WITH ARMORED TRUCK AFTER HE USED HIS TOY GUN IN HIS OWN BACKYARD

Look at them protecting citizens from violent people.

Kids traumatized after SWAT team ransacks wrong home

Look at them using their vehicle to protect citizens from violent people.

Swat Team Raids Home With Armored Car, Kills Unarmed Occupant, and Costs Millions In Damages But Lead Officer Given Award For His Role In The Raid

This guy must have been a threat to citizens, heavily armed.... oh wait, he was in possession of a small amount of recreational drugs... an act that doesn't hurt anyone but him.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,637,400 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
So violating people's freedom of choice with violence is okay if you like the result.

And, America doesn't have a free economy, FAR from it. This shows your ignorance...

According to the Heritage Foundation's Index of Economic Freedom:

Switzerland: Ranked #4
United States: Ranked #12

Thanks for proving my point, the freer the markets, the better it works.

America has unregulated capitalism, Switzerland has (regulated) capitalism.

Example, prescription drugs are much cheaper in Switzerland than in America, because the Swiss government will not allow a drug company to sell a pill for $5 dollars when the pill costs 5 cents to make (the government regulates the price.)

The Swiss government also highly regulates pollution from corporations, and their air and land is much cleaner than ours. ex.ex.

The ironic thing is Switzerland is a conservative country that just follows liberal ideas.

Everyone has healthcare by conservative ideas.
They have very little poverty and no welfare freeloaders.
And Switzerland has super low corporate tax rates.

But they have workers unions that give Swiss workers 2x the income of American workers. And the Swiss tax the rich at higher rates than everyone else (but their rich people don't feel punished.)

The Swiss also make rich people pay more money for things like traffic tickets. If a very rich person speeds in Switzerland the speeding ticket can cost as much as $290,000.00 USD (yes, two hundred ninety thousand dollars.)

The $290,000 Speeding Ticket | Streetsblog New York City

The Swiss are known as "social-capitalists."

And your above comments say (regulated) capitalism works better than (unregulated) capitalism.

Quote:
Again, I encourage you to read the works I suggested to you, they are the philosophical backing for the document you are quoting... maybe if you read them you would better understand the context? Hmmm?

I told you the idea of "laws with no leaders" was (very) interesting, and I was hoping to learn more. But then you verbally attacked me, saying things like calling me "ignorant."

Quote:
I thought you were reasonable in the beginning, but as your views get exposed as violent thuggery, you loose all desire for honest debate, avoid the principles, and make up lies about the poster.

I thought the same about you, until you started telling me to move to another country.

Quote:
(The free market is not an entity with will, it can not kill. It is simply the lack of violent coercion)

According to Rand Paul the free markets drive for profits made us invade Iraq and kill 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, and also kill 1,000's of US soldiers.

Rand Paul Says Cheney Pushed Iraq War for Halliburton's Profit

Quote:
I give money to charities I believe in, that I think actually help people... they don't have to use violence to force me into it.

In a way I believe you to have more compassion and respect for peoples lives than myself, but your corporate influenced political beliefs cause you turn your compassion into poverty and low wages.

Quote:
(Stop being lazy and break up the quote and reply point by point like I do using the quote tags, it takes two seconds. Where as it takes me FOREVER to copy and paste your whole reply because you refuse to use quote tags. Next time you quote me, and reply inside the quote like you did the last two times, I will take it as a blank post. I am not going to put in a ton of extra effort because you won't put in any.)
I am not good at using posting features and I don't understand what you said above, I would have done it if I knew what you were talking about. I will (try) to do what you said next time.

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 06-15-2014 at 12:22 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I am not good at using posting features and I don't understand what you said above, I would have done it if I knew what you were talking about. I will (try) to do what you said next time.

Chad.
There is a button above the window next to the "show/hide" button. Clicking that button give you the tags that encloses text in a quote box, simply highlight the text you want to quote, and click that button. Do it for every point you want to address separately.

I will not respond to your post unless you re-format it, I wasn't kidding.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,769,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Against who? Police SWAT teams are now deployed tens of thousands of times each year, increasingly for routine jobs. Masked, heavily armed police officers in Louisiana raided a nightclub in 2006 as part of a liquor inspection. In Florida in 2010, officers in SWAT gear and with guns drawn carried out raids on barbershops that mostly led only to charges of “barbering without a license.â€

Across America, Police Departments Are Quietly Preparing For War | Zero Hedge

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us...ents.html?_r=0

Why the feds are putting grenade launchers in the hands of local cops - Vox

Undernews: Local police prepare for war with locals

Framingham Police Department: Preparing For War?

Why Are North Texas Cops Preparing for War? - D Magazine

While the dumbed-down sheep among us bicker about partisan BS those of us with half a brain need to be paying attention!

An April 2009 DHS intelligence assessment listed returning vets as likely domestic terrorists. Just a month later, the New York Times reported on how Boy Scout Explorers were being trained by the DHS to kill “disgruntled Iraq war veterans†in terrorist drills.

The FBI has also repeatedly characterized returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan as a major domestic terrorist threat.

It seems to have been completely forgotten by police departments, the media and Americans in general that having military-style tanks patrol the streets is symbolic of a collapsing banana republic or an authoritarian Communist state.

Perhaps the main reason why police officers are being trained that veterans are a major threat is because returning vets are in a perfect position to recognize that America is beginning to resemble an occupied country like Afghanistan.

Such warnings have come from people like former Marine Corps Colonel Peter Martino, who was stationed in Fallujah and trained Iraqi soldiers. Martino went before a New Hampshire city council meeting last year to assert that the Department of Homeland Security is working with law enforcement to build a “domestic army,†because the federal government is afraid of its own citizens.
This is what comes of ever increasing federalization of police.... and education .... and of charity ... and now healthcare.

Welcome to the new Soviet Union. Where the Central Government takes control of every aspect of our lives. Thanks, BOTH liberals and conservatives for this. Everything sounds like a Good Idea, until we have become slaves. Then maybe we realize that the road to tyranny is paved with good intentions.

Good book to read: The Secret Knowledge by Former Liberal David Mamet You really need to read and understand this work.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
This is what comes of ever increasing federalization of police.... and education .... and of charity ... and now healthcare.

Welcome to the new Soviet Union. Where the Central Government takes control of every aspect of our lives. Thanks, BOTH liberals and conservatives for this. Everything sounds like a Good Idea, until we have become slaves. Then maybe we realize that the road to tyranny is paved with good intentions.

Good book to read: The Secret Knowledge by Former Liberal David Mamet You really need to read and understand this work.
Hey, if we are the new Soviet Union, it should collapse soon. Maybe one of the "former satellite states" of the USSA will be based on freedom... one could hope.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvodene View Post
OMG!!!! I LOVES Paul Thorn!!!!!

Heard him live in Tupelo several years ago. I've always liked that one about the Jehovahs' witness stripper

Then there was something about Elvis in the Trailer Park

Nor will I ever forget the young lady sitting behind me shrieking at every opportunity. My ears still hurt from the high frequency of her screaming. She also at one point called out "I love you, Paul". At which point Paul responded "I love you too as a sister in Christ" The thing I remember most about that concert is his encore. He called his Mom and Dad and sisters up on stage, and they sang a spiritual together. Beautiful! And only in the South. I will never forget.

Thanks for reviving a very fun memory.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Hey, if we are the new Soviet Union, it should collapse soon. Maybe one of the "former satellite states" of the USSA will be based on freedom... one could hope.
One can only hope, my friend

Old 06-15-2014, 02:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,637,400 times
Quote:
There is a button above the window next to the "show/hide" button. Clicking that button give you the tags that encloses text in a quote box, simply highlight the text you want to quote, and click that button. Do it for every point you want to address separately.

I will not respond to your post unless you re-format it, I wasn't kidding.
I think I will flex my rights and say "there's no way in hell I'm going back and retyping that post."

That being said I have enjoyed our correspondence.

Take care of yourself Xander_Crews,
Chad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies