Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 09:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times

Advertisements

www.youtube.com/v/kG7BzUGEa0o

My lord....... They cant be w/o them!!!!! (Its like they are being fed instructions from someone in the elite who wants to keep tabs on them)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
the zombies have done a good job of taking over , in the eighties their were just a few with a brick...

Old 06-09-2014, 11:43 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the zombies have done a good job of taking over , in the eighties their were just a few with a brick...
AKA the "self defense phone". Seriously.

Yes people are communicating in new and different ways. OMG ZOMBIES! Please. Welcome to the 21st century, if you think this is bad just wait, its going to get weirder.

Remember my grandmother "When I was your age, we didn't call people on the phone-cause we didnt have phones!, we went and visited them!"

Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Im so glad I don't have to go visit and talk to people all the time. Love the text feature on the phone. But then again, i am living in current times and don't shock easily.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:00 AM

260 posts, read 195,255 times
I prefer these new zombies looking at their pixelated heroin than those back in the day on heroin.

Just ignore them. The fake life lived within the virtual world gives them all the self-esteem they'll ever need so let them walk into traffic and remember that nature will bring things back into balance.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBoo View Post
I prefer these new zombies looking at their pixelated heroin than those back in the day on heroin.

Just ignore them. The fake life lived within the virtual world gives them all the self-esteem they'll ever need so let them walk into traffic and remember that nature will bring things back into balance.
People always said that about me and reading books, that someday I'd be eaten by a manhole cover, or walk into traffic. Still alive!

Old 06-10-2014, 06:05 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Its definitely creating a multi generational problem of clods with poor social skills and the attention spans of gnats. Toddlers in adult bodies that need to be constantly distracted by music, games, gabbing, surfing the internet. Not to mention they have to have sippy cups of water, energy drinks, coolatas and coffee with them everywhere.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I find it simply amazing how addictive "being connected" has become.
Why do they need to "check in" constantly ?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
My cell phone is so old it has a rotary dial.

I am constantly amazed, as I arrive at work around 6 a.m., at seeing co-workers (walking to the building) yakking on their cell phone. Who are they talking to at 6 a.m.? My wife would kill me if I called her so early to ask "What are you up to?"

Ah, well, I am just an old nut in a world of new squirrels.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBoo View Post

Except many of these zombies are the ones steering the cars in traffic, and they're not noticing that YOU are in their path.

We have a Trac Phone. We pay $20 every 3 months to keep it activated, and it adds another 60 minutes of available useage time to it. I think right now we have something like 10,000 minutes available. We use it when we're on vacation away from home, because that's when we only have one car, and one of us (me) invariably needs to pick the other one up (my spouse) from the golf course when he's finished his last round of beer at the 19th hole. He can use his friend's cell phone to call me, and if I don't freak out because I STILL can't figure out how to use the damned thing, I'll answer it and know to pick him up.

Our house phone isn't even portable. It's plugged into the wall. No phone or TV in the bedroom, no phone in the TV room or in the living room. Just one in the kitchen, and one in my office.

My house won't stop burning, if someone can call me on the phone to tell me it's on fire. I can find out when I get home - and if I'm not home, I HOPE they called 911 before they tried finding me. The fire department can do their job without me there (and probably a lot more efficiently if I'm not there).

If a relative is dead, they won't be any more or less dead if it takes an extra 3, 4, 10 hours to let me know. It's another thing that can wait.

If I'm driving on the highway, the last thing I'll want is someone to call me to tell me my husband's been rushed to the hospital and I should come right away. Every other driver on that highway will be thankful that I'm oblivious to that information, as well. I'll find out he's in his last moments of life when I get home and pick up my voice-mail, take half a Xanax, and then get to the hospital without panicking and possibly creating a traffic jam when my panic causes a 24-car pileup on I-91.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies