Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No. Congress' job is to govern, not obstruct. Compromise or get the hell out.
No, it isn't. Look up the term "checks and balances".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, it isn't. Look up the term "checks and balances".
Look up the term "govern."

Old 06-10-2014, 11:41 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
What is this in response to... semantics?

By govern what did you think I meant? The legislative branch is supposed to legislate; not obstruct.
As the sole branch in charge of making the laws that govern us, with whom are they supposed to compromise? It takes 218 people in the House to agree on something before it even leaves for the Senate's approval. It then takes 51 votes in the Senate to agree on it before it get to the Oval Office. All the needed compromise is done at that point. If the President vetos, okie doke. The Congress can try again, or say the hell with it and move on to something else.

Obstructing from the House would mean what in regards to legislating? Only they can create a bill in order for it to become law. So how exactly does the originating body of a thing obstruct that thing? Governing is not whatever the President declares it to be, but what a majority of the People, via their representation, agreeing by majority and with approval from the states decide it is.

That's why they debate and vote on stuff in the House and Senate. That's where compromise happens. Not bending to the will of one progressive statist.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Just the usual rudeness, I see.

Obama voters are all over this thread saying why they don't support him. Yet here you cons are, still making stuff up and being rude and nasty. Facts posted right in front of your face by the actual people about whom this thread is written have no meaning for you.

The question was asked of Obama voters, and you Obama haters flocked here to lie about other people.

Stunning.
I supported him and wished him well. That is until I learned what he was about and how he blamed, lied and tried to bully instead of compromise. Close down the WH. when he didn't get his way. Close the WWII memorial when he didn't get his way. Call them names, every speech attack them. I've never seen anything like Obama and never a president who was near as hateful as Obama

Old 06-10-2014, 11:45 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They never supported his views. They voted for him because he was black.
Exactly.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
No. Congress' job is to govern, not obstruct. Compromise or get the hell out.
You better learn about how the U.S. government is set up and suppose to run.

And what is your definition of "govern". Is your idea to say "yes president Obama, yes sir, whatever you want". Obama and democrats seem to think so.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Look up the term "govern."
Look up the term "checks and balances."

Yes, I felt the need repeat an earlier post since it apparently didn't sink in.

If you have trouble understanding what you read when you look it up, let me know. I'll try to explain it to you as clearly as one possibly can.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
This is true. It is highly likely that Hillary will win if she does decide to run (and that is coming from a Libertarian).
lol, she is already trying to demonize success and cry poor mouth.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Half the time it's the con who wails, "You probably think I'm a racist for being critical of Obama."
Bull!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
During my tenure on this forum i've noticed that many democrats do not support Obama anymore.

I'm an European and not well versed in American politics and i just wonder why people who voted for him have turned their backs on him.

Constant Obama bashing on this forum also from democrats.

Please, elaborate and enlight an European.
I have no idea what forum you are on , but Democrats still support him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies