Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,049,530 times

Advertisements

The best thing Obama has done is make America sick of Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,884,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
He's been a serious disappointment in many ways, and I defected to the Libertarian candidate, Gov. Johnson, in 2012.

Having said that, I don't wish McCain or Romney had won. We ended the evil occupation of Iraq (over the objection of most of the blood-fanged GOP) and are winding down in Afghanistan. That's a bit of consolation.
This is a good point too-I stopped supporting Obama but for some reason people thought that I would just start supporting psychopath puppets on the other side of the coin like Romney and McCain--UGH No.

I also voted for Gary Johnson but realized it was more of a protest vote as the "D" and "R" teams were already geared up for the big game.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
When Obama was elected in 2008 I was busy working very hard to "build that" and didn't know what Obama stood for. Since that was the case I didn't think I had the right to vote. I watched as he was sworn in with a bunch of strangers away on a business trip. I wished him well. As I started to pay more attention, it was obvious that he was lying and the media was covering for him. When a media stops acting like a watch dog and promotes "politician" as if he is "the one" that also tells me something is wrong.

Obama always attack half of Americans in his speaches as if they were the enemy. Democrats took it further even called them terrorist. Really? He and Democrats with their "my way" attitude and always blamed everything and everyone else. The IRS situation didn't sit well with me either, I still wonder who Harry Reid's secret informant was but we will never know.

I learned that Obama promoted and coddled failure and attacked success. I've never seen a president like this in my lifetime. I voted against Obama.

Last edited by petch751; 06-10-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,016,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
He, like most presidents, turned out to talk a good game but hasn't followed through.

To most progressives, he's more Bush Lite than anything else.
Yep - like all of them, he answers to moneyed interests first, and those moneyed interests do not care remotely what happens to the American people. He's just the latest in a long line of leaders - from both parties - to follow that behavior.

Also, keep in mind that many people who voted "for" Obama were really voted AGAINST the Republican clown-car brigade of Tea Nut loons and their party platform of hate and ignorance. When the other guy is that bad, Obama - in all his stunning mediocrity - suddenly looks like a hero in comparison.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 AM

29,998 posts, read 18,571,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Based on what evidence? So far you have supplied exactly none.
He meant, of course, with the exception of the far left wing kool-aid drinkers.

If the goal of government is to provide an environment in which its citizens can live prosperously and freely, then Obama is a dismal failure. Those goals are the intended purpose of all effective government.

If, on the other hand, the goal is to-

1. reduced the standard of living
2. increase the number of unemployed
3. reduce incomes
4. increase food stamp usage
5. increase the number of citizens living in poverty
6. increase federal debt
7. reduce the number of home owners

............ then Obama is a tremendous success. No one in their right mind can effectively defend this failed president, as he has increased misery for the balance of the population.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:14 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,415,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
During my tenure on this forum i've noticed that many democrats do not support Obama anymore.

I'm an European and not well versed in American politics and i just wonder why people who voted for him have turned their backs on him.

Constant Obama bashing on this forum also from democrats.

Please, elaborate and enlight an European.
Imagine for a moment the only political parties in your country that could hope to possibly win and legislative or political representation were The National Coalition Party and the True Finns party. Simply put there would likely be a fair amount of folk who might not like the National Coalition Party, but vote for them because of the alternative.

That is basically what America is like.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,028,422 times
He went Globalist. Also went divisive (remember his rhetoric as a candidate was basically "we will all work together" and positive); instead, it's been arrogance and a constant blame game (Bush's fault, Repubs' fault, Fox's fault).

Or is your real question OP, why hardly anyone saw this coming?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,367,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Which is in and of itself a complete farce. Those who voted for him because he was "black" had to completely ignore that he is also "half white". It takes someone who is intellectually dishonest, someone who is fundamentally disingenuous, and someone whose mental and ideological capacity is somewhere near that of a baboon to convince themselves that they voted for the "first black President."

This was, of course, aided by a slobbering mainstream media. And more ironically, the black half of this President was a deadbeat dad. The white half of this President is what made him into the man that he is (for better or worse).

Barack Obama is an anomaly. A blight on America's history. A walking, talking farce of a man.
Let's not forget that for a long time, if anyone dared criticize anything the president did, they were immediately cast as a racist who just couldn't stand the fact that we have a black president. It didn't matter if the criticisms were legitimate, I still hear some hard core liberals trotting this excuse out.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:19 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,451,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If, on the other hand, the goal is to-

1. reduced the standard of living
2. increase the number of unemployed
3. reduce incomes
4. increase food stamp usage
5. increase the number of citizens living in poverty
6. increase federal debt
7. reduce the number of home owners

............ then Obama is a tremendous success.
Here is an article from six days after Obama took office, that those who've forgotten what those days were like may want to peruse:

U.S. Unemployment May be a Bigger Problem Than Government Statistics Say

The article cites 11 million unemployed persons. There are now 9.8 million unemployed persons.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:21 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,451,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Let's not forget that for a long time, if anyone dared criticize anything the president did, they were immediately cast as a racist who just couldn't stand the fact that we have a black president. It didn't matter if the criticisms were legitimate, I still hear some hard core liberals trotting this excuse out.
I've criticized many things the president has done. I've never been called a racist.

The denizens of the Tea Parties and the like, get called racists because they habitually say outlandishly, cartoonishly racist things. They were racists before Obama came into office and they will be racists long after he is out of office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies