Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 01:25 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Why are liberals buying guns for their mentally ill family members? This is ridiculous.
Because as you gun goobs always tell us, you just can't REALLY be sure of who's mentally ill, and you if you violate someone's Second Amendment rights, you can just kiss the rest of the Constitution goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Only in the fevered imagination of gun fanatics.

I do not have a fascination with guns. I do however; fully support the US Constitution as well as the means for an individual to defend themselves from harm. Do you honestly think that if the 2nd Amendment was repealed that the 1st or any Amendment would amount to jack s***?

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, yes I did. A rifle in the back window of my pick-up truck was quite common when I was in school. There were numerous guns at the school on any given day, especially during hunting season. No one cried. No one complained. No one challenged us. No one got killed. Because guns don't kill. People kill. And none of us with guns killed anyone.

Youngsters such as yourself can't fathom that level of personal responsibility and civility. I know. Just admit it and move on.
same at my school. i remember our principal coming out to the parking lot to check out our guns (because he was a gun guy and was interested, not out of terror). he admired them and we put them back and went our separate ways.

probably seems far-fetched today.

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Only in the fevered imagination of gun fanatics.
..in the paranoid, mentally stunted fevered imaginations of gun fanatics, where the world is the wild west and the answer to all your problems is the omni-present spectre of LETHAL FORCE!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The gun culture is part of the problem..that a disjointed nut has such easy access to weapons that can end scores of innocent lives (even when other people are carrying as in Las Vegas) is a A MAJOR PART OF THE PROBLEM. The love/worship/fetish/sense of power that guns give to some non-lunatics should not be the main concern when talking about public policy.
No. Stop blaming the gun, this disjointed nut also had access to knives (which are more common place than guns), cars (which are more dangerous than guns actually), hammers (which are used to commit more murders than guns), and an assortment of other potentially dangerous items.

I grew up around guns, I am also in the NRA. I was taught how to operate a gun at a young age, I was taught that guns were NOT toys but a tool, and one that should be used responsibly. I respect guns and what they are capable of. I do enjoy firearms but I do not have a gun fetish. Guns are not the problem, it's individuals. Stop looking for scapegoats!

Last edited by West Coast Republican; 06-10-2014 at 01:40 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
West Hollywood.

They seem to be taking place in liberal areas, and mostly by liberals.
Mississippi.

Contrary to the con derp bubble, there are as many killings in con territory as anywhere else. Georgia, Alabama, Texas ….

Old 06-10-2014, 01:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you know what that term means.
It is the Democrat's who don't know what it means, which is why they want to abolish the Electoral College and impose a tyrannical popular vote for presidential elections.

Democrats always claim that we are a democracy.

Wrong - we are a constitutionally limited republic, whose citizens elect people to represent them and their state.

Democrats hate that, and if they got their way it would lead to disaster, which is why their party was made illegal in Article IV.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:29 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Basing action on pure magnitude is dumb. If you premise action on gun violence as requiring a death toll greater than any other source of death, then you're going to have a lot of crazy people shooting up movie theaters and pizza parlors before anything is done.
Uhhh....that is EXACTLY what this very thread is doing!! And exactly what was done with Aurora, the Mall shooting and Sandy Hook.

Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
When it comes to policy, it's not "one or the other." We continually try to pursue improved reasonable safeguards against driving accidents and DUI deaths, both technological and legislative. We can do the same with guns at the same time.
Nice dance.

Why are you so adamant about guns? Why are guns at the top of the hierarchy when there is a much bigger issue? Last time I checked, a drunk driving epidemic and a national alcohol consumption problem is not newsworthy. It surely doesn't get perpetuated here.

Also, for a bonus...guns have saved thousands upon thousands of lives. Can alcohol claim this?

Old 06-10-2014, 01:32 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
..in the paranoid, mentally stunted fevered imaginations of gun fanatics, where the world is the wild west and the answer to all your problems is the omni-present spectre of LETHAL FORCE!!!

I don't know where you're getting your propaganda from, but I fully support the 2nd Amendment, and while I fully support the right to defend myself, as well as the rights of others to do so, I can tell you that violence is and should ALWAYS be the last resort. Most responsible gun owners that I know do not fantasize going on killing sprees. They're well educated about guns, their capabilities, as well as when and where to use them.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:33 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
Quote:
Mississippi.

Contrary to the con derp bubble, there are as many killings in con territory as anywhere else. Georgia, Alabama, Texas ….
I'll take that bet. What is an acceptable "friendly" wager over the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies