Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,894,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right, and my point is that there are questions of degree and a gun is designed specifically to kill and is a very effective means to do so...

..but something tells me that no matter how many times someone tries to pound that simple thought through your skull, in 2 months when an incident like this happens again, you'll repeat the same tired ignorant crap about a toothpick being equivalent to a gun or something else that I shouldn't even be wasting my precious time left on this earth bothering with this.
A gun is designed to shoot a projectile out of the barrel in a repeatable manner. Simunition (trademark), rubber bullets, bean bags, etc. are all non-lethal ammunition that is shot from a gun. There are large guns used for avalanche control in the mountains. There are nail guns that use .22 caliber cartridges in the construction industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You know, you're right. We must all go about living our lives in terror because freedom from gun goons is not specifically spelled out in the Constitution, and of course we all know that living in terror is exactly what our revered Founders intended with the Second Amendment.

Je&u& H. Christ tap dancing on a cracker. You gun goons have completely lost it.
Extremism and name calling indicates you have some high emotional stakes in the game.
Throw in that you are living your life in terror of being shot by a gun indicates some level of paranoia.

The gun isn't the problem here but I'm sure, since you live in terror of being shot, you'll never admit that.

Not all of us live in terror.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,158,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Please take your guns with you. Thanks.

better that someone from the show me state lead the nation and arm the school staff of each school to show the rest of the USA that teachers need to be armed to protect our children.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:10 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,894,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for making your position clear. You are not interested in having a respectful discussion of the issue in which we will both make a concerted effort to understand the position of the other. This is the way every thread goes on P&OC. This issue is not a game to me, and I won't be goaded into playing one. Period.
I am usually more respectful than the person I am in a discussion with.

As far as my position, it is based on facts and the Constitution. There is no emotion in it at all. This is no game to me either. Guns aren't my sole interest but I am passionate (there's some emotion) about my right to keep and bear arms.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,933,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it will never happen. if the second amendment is "repealed" and they start coming for guns, a war will be a default. good luck collecting them. no one would ever be dumb enough to try to disarm citizens. law enforcement would lose that battle. they'd have to nuke cities. never happen.
That is why all the gun grabber talk about repealing the 2nd Amendment is just hot air - they know the consequences.

They try to do it through less drastic measures - and that amounts to ignoring the constitution.

"A well regulated militia, necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Old 06-10-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for making your position clear. You are not interested in having a respectful discussion of the issue in which we will both make a concerted effort to understand the position of the other. This is the way every thread goes on P&OC. This issue is not a game to me, and I won't be goaded into playing one. Period.

democrats and even some republicans never want to have any respectful discussion at all about the 2nd Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms. all they ever say is that their position is right and anyone that disagrees with them is called a racist, sexist or war mongering idiot.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:13 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,719,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Also, Mohammed Atta and his compadres used a handful of razor blades to kill nearly 3,000 people in a couple hours.

On long flights, the pilots have to exit the cockpit to use the lavatory, and a first class passenger bent on taking over the cockpit could do so at that moment without any weapon whatsoever - yet we harass families with infants, and old women in wheelchairs.

At a nearby Army recruiting station, a sign states that "the ultimate weapon is your mind".

Guns are just tools - it is the mind behind their use that makes them either a force for good or evil.

Liberals can't comprehend that.
coming from a state that in 1984 had a bio terrorist attack, it's surprising. guns are the least effective way of killing people. throw some rat poison in the salad bar if you want to hurt people. the same liberal idiots that condemn guns, won't condemn their hollywood heroes that produce incredibly violent movies and games. it must be the guns, not the people selling the violence. it's like liberals have never heard of marketing. it's like blaming foot locker, or nike, if someone dude does a 360 dunk on you and jams your face in his nuts.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,606,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
How is the Second Amendment implicit in this?

Grow up.
Nearly every time a gun is used, it's a celebration of the Second Amendment by someone who loves his gun.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM

16,756 posts, read 8,149,453 times
As a Gun owner.

More guns are not the answer, we all need to figure out a better way.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nearly every time a gun is used, it's a celebration of the Second Amendment by someone who loves his gun.

also, every time a firearm is used in a crime, democrats blame the firearm and not the criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies