Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 05:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Why I am no longer a republican...

I no longer wish to be represented by a group that is full of psychotics that wish to spread their "interpretation" why God hates the poor, homosexuals, woman, and minorities.
Exactly. I voted Republican in every election from when I first was of voting age up until the Tea Party came into being and took over the Republican party.

George "Dubya" Bush was a disgrace to this nation, and while Clinton and Obama are no prizes, Dubya is uniquely horrible in his mismanagement: endless wars we can't afford, the Patriot Act, the Housing Bubble and Great Recession... seriously, if this clown and his cronies had set out to destroy this nation, they couldn't have done a better job.

I have no love of either party, but that fool showing by the Republicans was enough to get me to question them... and then the Tea Party hit the stage. Suddenly, I was supposed to: hate minorities, worship corporations, disbelieve in science, and be opposed to separation of church and state - but only for one religion - if I was to find a home in the Tea Party driven Republican party.

That was bad enough, but then I had the "opportunity" to work side by side with Tea Party supporters on a daily basis at a failing machine shop, and I was appalled. Racism was par for the course, along with ignorance and hatred. Of the two old, angry Tea Party nuts in my department, one of them couldn't go a week without a rage-filled rant about how "those people" - except he used the n-word - were responsible for every problem in this nation. Sometimes, he'd change it up and scream about gays, Mexicans, etc. but it was always the same bigoted theme. The other, older clown was just as bad, and even gave me a KKK recruitment speech once, telling me that what the Klan does is "okay" because "what they do to blacks is just expressing their 1st Amendment rights!" Yeah... sure... because the 1st Amendment covers lynchings... Top that off with the patriot murder fantasies - both of them loudly dreamed about "that day" when they could finally start killing the "people who needed killing," which were always: blacks, gays, people in the government, "communists," "liberals" and so on... well, the end result was disgusting.

As long as the Republican party keeps knuckling under to the Tea Party loons, I will not support them, nor will I support a party represented by ignorant, violent morons such as the people I worked with who were life-long Republicans and huge fans of the Tea Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 05:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:

I no longer wish to be represented by a group that is full of psychotics that wish to spread their "interpretation" why God hates the poor, homosexuals, woman, and minorities.
Interesting, I'm a republican, don't care about god or the bible, my best friend is a lesbian, I've been married to the same woman for 35 years, and I am black, my wife is white. So who are you talking about?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
And what major world changing event happened in Dec. 1991? What major bubble grew and burst in March of 2000 and also started the rush from technology to something "safer" in real estate?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is what the lying democrats tell you and of course you believe it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
You were probably never a 'Pub, but I'm sure you enjoy you new life as an Obot.
These are two great quotes why the GOP is having issues and why I left. That people who disagree don't actually have a differing opinion, they are brainwashed sheeple part of some conspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
For God so loved the world, he gave his own begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall have everlasting life..
I also don't get this...it's like the GOP existed back when Jesus was alive. That is just weird.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
These are two great quotes why the GOP is having issues and why I left. That people who disagree don't actually have a differing opinion, they are brainwashed sheeple part of some conspiracy.

I also don't get this...it's like the GOP existed back when Jesus was alive. That is just weird.

A war has been created, to have us at each others throats, while they the government, stack the deck under the table.
It happened the same way in 1858.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:43 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This isn't mine, though I did go from slightly conservative to liberal. She makes some good points:
Guess it doesn't bother the person who wrote that article that Clinton's economic success brought about most of the problems our nation is facing today. Such as twisting the arms of the banks to make sure people got loans whether they had a way of repaying them or not was not in the equation and taking money out of the SS piggy bank.

I went the opposite direction. I even voted for McGovern. Then I grew up and started noticing what was really going on. I got smarter as I got older. Maybe we just have too many young people voting now. When did the voting age go from 21 to 18? Maybe we need a rule that says one cannot vote until they have been out of public education for at least 5 years and then they won't be voting Kool Aid.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:46 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A war has been created, to have us at each others throats, while they the government, stack the deck under the table.
It happened the same way in 1858.
It seems to me you are the one who wants the war (//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...s-liberty.html) but don't have the courage to join it.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:

Same here.

Lifelong republican who, in my mid 30s, has grown sick of defending misogynist religious morons and the ass hats they run for office.

I never wanted to be this bitter/cynical about the government, but dem or repub, they are all paid-for wh*res with no interest in really helping anyone.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Same here.

Lifelong republican who, in my mid 30s, has grown sick of defending misogynist religious morons and the ass hats they run for office.

I never wanted to be this bitter/cynical about the government, but dem or repub, they are all paid-for wh*res with no interest in really helping anyone.
Helping anyone with their own money or ripping it out of the hands of others to buy votes. I would also like to see a statistic as to the charitable donations of both parties. If you want to be charitable, you should use your own money to do so.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
.....I never wanted to be this bitter/cynical about the government, but dem or repub, they are all paid-for wh*res with no interest in really helping anyone.
Yes ..... I like the theoretical stances of Democrats better, but in practice they're not much better than Republicans. Just look at Obama kneeling in front of Wall St advisors, and Obama and Feinstein vigorously defending the total loss of privacy in unconstitutional practices implemented by the NSA and revealed by Snowden, whom they call a traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies