Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times

Advertisements

If anyone's interested in the hows and why of the current cluster**** that is Iraq, I sincerely recommend this very well researched Article.

He makes a very good case why ISIS will not take Baghdad compared to Sunni majority Mosul, a force 10,000 strong no matter how well trained is not going to take a city with millions of fanatical Shia who hate their guts.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:14 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
If they want to build a Muslim Caliphate, let them. It's a real Utopia, especially for women and kids.

It's a house of cards that will fold on itself, or they will go back to goat herding instead of being members of OPEC.

Remember, despite what the news tells you, every drop of oil was paid for with blood. Ours, theirs, whatever. It's blood money. The sooner we cut them off, the better. I don't want to hear any so-called conservative rhetoric about how oil is good for us. BS. Not while they are providing it.

I despise Islam. The religion of pieces.

I'm not a fan of any of the other religions either, but none offers the wholesale slaughter and misery that Islam does.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The problem is your not going to escape the consequences anyway if that happens. You will think this recession has good times then. Remember the 70's lines with fights over gasoline only involved a 15% shortage. I think the world could go into a actual depression actually depending on outcome and what happens in time besides a lot of domestic attacks increasing. Its a much smaller world now and from Obama to who ever the experts all say we cannot let it happen; so I take them serous.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:02 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm not a fan of any of the other religions either, but none offers the wholesale slaughter and misery that Islam does.
Concur.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:26 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The United Nations? Yeah, such a great job they did in Korea. Such a fantastic job they did in Rwanda.

"...whatever military force needed..."

See how easy it is to get people to go along with almost anything to justify an end?

And when that United Nations force is on your doorstep, what then?

In the name of expediency we've created the problems in Iraq, Syria and most every other place we go into and then bug out from.

There is a reason why history really isn't taught in schools anymore.
So...

What's the alternative?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
ISIS is now taking over control of oilfields and is said to be taking over Iraqs' largest oil refinery. It must be a nightmare for the oil companies and any American workers over there.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:20 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
ISIS is now taking over control of oilfields and is said to be taking over Iraqs' largest oil refinery. It must be a nightmare for the oil companies and any American workers over there.
What oil companies are there?

What American workers are there?

They also had plenty of notice, their fault for not leaving in time. Heck, the entire area has been risky since the US invaded.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Oil prices are going to jump given Obama's recent (right now) press conference. Basically hands off except for talking it over with others (read political solutions).
Iran and others will see this as a green light to do whatever they wish.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What oil companies are there?

What American workers are there?

They also had plenty of notice, their fault for not leaving in time. Heck, the entire area has been risky since the US invaded.
Iraq Battles Militants For Key Oil Refinery In Beiji : The Two-Way : NPR

I'm not sure what companies or workers per say, but I could imagine it being all hell. I'm sure the companies pulled back, along with personnel.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:24 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
The oil rigs that are close to the AO of ISIS are oil refineries that are for Iraqi domestic use only, however, their days are numbered, the Kurds are in the North driving South, and inside Bagdad, ISF is under the watchful eye of senior (CAG) Combat Applications Group members, -aka-, Delta as (Advisers) as we speak, also, hundreds of hundreds of Iraqi's are signing up for the ISF's by the hour, we easily could've avoided all this mess by signing the (SOFA) status of forces agreement between Iraq and the United States.

I feel if there is going to be a regime change, the next President must include all the people, Sunni, Shia and Kurds alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies