Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times

Advertisements

All of us make mistakes. However, the people who surround this President are fond of telling us that he is the smartest man in the room. It is glaringly obvious he is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
The more I see him speak, the more the lack of imagination or creativity in his though process is becoming obvious.

What we have is what should have been a mid level government employee in the Oval Office.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:41 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Hmmm, has anyone seen his college/university records yet? Weren't they locked up when he ran for President? Wonder why?
Don't act ignorant. His college records aren't "sealed". Its illegal under federal law for a college to give out a students records without their written consent. No president has ever agreed to release their college records. I know you're thinking, but Bush did! Nope he did not-someone illegally released them.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 AM

262 posts, read 155,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
What you fail to mention there is that the Great Recession started under Bush, the economy was already overstimulated and there's not much a President can do to drive the economy. Feel free to lambaste the guy, but please at least know what you're talking about before you do.
Actually, the economy finished tanking under the Dems when they took over both houses of Congress under Reid and Pelosi in 1996. President Bush asked Congress over and over to address issues that would have prohibited the economy crash from happening, but, unfortunately, in addition to the Dem takeover in 1996, from the day President Bush was elected the Republicans had only a very slight majority in the Senate and the Dems would filibuster or threaten same to stop any of the corrections requested by President Bush. You should go into the C-SPAN files and pull up the ridiculous defending of "everything is just fine...we do not need to do anything Bush is addressing" or words to that effect. Chuck Schumer, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and several others were totally ignorant in defending "everything is okay." So, if you want to get right down to the facts, it has been the Dems stopping everything that could have kept our economy up and going.

Quote:
Outside of the healthcare reform that was passed (based on a conservative plan from the 90's by the way) there's little that he did that either McCain or Romney would have done differently.

Conservatives that don't know what they're talking about make the rest of us look bad.
Really! What "conservative" health-care plan from the 90's...I thought that was Hillary Care and was certainly not conservative. No Republican voted for Obama Care (aka, Affordable Care Act...which it is certainly not affordable except to those who get it for free at the cost to all the rest of us paying not only ours but all the freebies, too). This ACA is horrible, will destroy America and needs to be rescinded as soon as possible before it does more damage to those of us who have to pay for it, not only in increase in our premiums but also in all the job losses it has cause and the disastrous impact on our economy.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM

262 posts, read 155,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Don't act ignorant. His college records aren't "sealed". Its illegal under federal law for a college to give out a students records without their written consent. No president has ever agreed to release their college records. I know you're thinking, but Bush did! Nope he did not-someone illegally released them.
No "ignorance" involved, just to clarify you don't know me at all! Anyone who thinks they are as smart as BO thinks he is should be proud to release the records. He has lied, covered up and broken so many laws and our Constitution maybe it's time to see what he really is??

Old 06-12-2014, 10:00 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
No "ignorance" involved, just to clarify you don't know me at all! Anyone who thinks they are as smart as BO thinks he is should be proud to release the records. He has lied, covered up and broken so many laws and our Constitution maybe it's time to see what he really is??

Don't need to see his records to understand what he is, and what he certainly is not.

Seeing his records will not make him a stand up person period.

He will continue to be who he is, a bully, someone who pretends so often to not know the full scope of an investigation or scandal. Who believes that crap.

He needs to blame not one person for his mishaps, expect his own self.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
On his offical twitter Tuesday, Obama showed a picture of the moon landing while tweeting how "It's not1963 anymore". Good lord.

I guess his education in one of our "57 states" didn't cover the dates of moon landings.

And people say Republicans can't win in the future......
Do you even think he does his own tweets?

Probably just another incompetent that Obama seems to surround himself with in this
administration. Maybe Susan Rice posted it She always gets her information wrong....

Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on, he isn't an idiot. After all he did pass the BAR. He just isn't a good president.
And you have not met any lawyers who were idiots? Keep in mind that he is a product of affirmative action and is a self proclaimed "poor student". I will stand by my initial contention.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:39 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Hmmm, has anyone seen his college/university records yet? Weren't they locked up when he ran for President? Wonder why?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Lincoln

"Better to keep all my college writings and grades hidden, than to be transparent, so my sheep can keep claiming I am a genius." -Obama

Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
There once was a man(?) named Barack
'twas truly as dumb as a rock
He said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin
"At least I've still got my flock!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies