Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM

864 posts, read 799,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

A Civil War is going on between Shiite's and Sunni's in Iraq. A Civil War that has been going on for Centuries. It shouldn't be our job to police a Civil War between the Sunni's and Shi'ites. That is basically exactly what has been going on in Iraq since the toppling of Saddam's regime with various flare ups. The aftermath of what to do after we toppled Saddam was never planned for when we went into Iraq in the first place. The mistake was made back then.
So you don't think the Iraqis could achieve peace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
What? Are you suffering from memory impairment? Here I'll help jog your brain.

Where did I ever suggest that? You just made it up.
Good, glad we agree. I wonder Lindsey Graham doesn't know this simple fact?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:25 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
So you don't think the Iraqis could achieve peace?
They have a long record of showing they couldn't. Does that mean they never will? No, but the track record wasn't good. Also, even assuming they could one day acheive peace, that doesn't mean we should stay there for as long as it takes. We were there for almost 10 years, enough was enough. However, I did notice yet again, you refused to answer the question.

What was the alternative to leaving?? We were there for about 10 years, how much longer should we have stayed policing a Civil War??

Old 06-12-2014, 02:27 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
I predicted the country would fall apart eight years before that. And I was right.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
I thought the troops were taken out of Iraq because of a deal made between our governments, stating a specific time for troops to leave.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Well, Graham voted to invade in the first place, and thus clearly has no credibility on foreign policy or security matters. If he wanted an indefinite, open-ended, money-torching occupation through 2014 and beyond, it shows that his judgment hasn't improved since then...

Old 06-12-2014, 02:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Remember we don't really need their oil anymore. There's other suppliers all over the world and at home. These people have been murdering and killing each other for over 2000 years. Its pointless to get involved. They don't like each other and never will.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:18 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Typical liberal deflection. "We don't think anything can be done, so we won't do anything. If you want to do something, just do it yourself. We're too lethargic and lazy in our beliefs that everything is fine."

There is nothing that can be done other than send in troops, I hope they survive this but it's their battle to win or lose not ours. We were really never in control and we were not going to leave a few hundred thousand troops in Iraq for 20 years, 10 years was plenty.

They didn't even put up a fight in Mosul and they didn't retreat they ran leaving all their equipment behind, very disheartening and doesn't speak well for their motivation to fight.

You want to do something besides type on a keyboard let's hear it, maybe we can send in the 101st laptop brigade.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:26 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So the OP thinks the US should have stayed in Iraq in a never ending war?
Quote:
Typical liberals and their depressed viewpoint of the world. "It's never ending, we can't win. Finishing the job would take effort, I don't want to exert any effort. Why is life so hard? I need more entitlement programs because I deserve them."

Why are you liberals so depressed and defeated all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We were defeated the minute we stepped foot in Iraq.

You conservatives are the only people that dont seem to realize it.

We went there to kill Saddam like we should have done a long time ago, OK, but after that we should have been looking for the door.

We weren't wrong to try to give these people a chance to escape tyranny, but at some point we have to accept the fact that the reason they were living under a dictator in the first place is because they don't have it in them to do otherwise.

Ditto that for Afghanistan.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:32 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Senator Lindsey Graham circa October 2011 on Obama's Iraq withdrawal plan

What say you liberal left? Did Senator Graham call it or what? Can you give the guy his props?
The blindness and out right dishonesty of conservatives doesn't shock anymore, bu it does make for very weird thinking on the issues.

Take Iraq, President Obama and all the Americans who did not support the Iraq war and who predicted it would be a disaster that would destabilize the nation and lead to a civil war thatbwe wouldn't be able to manage we're 100% correct.

While Lindsey Graham and all the Americans who supported the war in Iraq were 100% wrong about everything.

For Lindsey Graham or any of those supporters of the Iraq war to attempt to claim an I told you so about the Iraq disaster that was predicted by those opposed to war like President Obama is the height of irrational and weird thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies