Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 12:15 PM

864 posts, read 799,435 times

Advertisements

Senator Lindsey Graham circa October 2011 on Obama's Iraq withdrawal plan
Quote:
"I feel all we have worked for, fought for, and sacrificed for is very much in jeopardy by today’s announcement. I hope I am wrong and the President is right, but I fear this decision has set in motion events that will come back to haunt our country."
What say you liberal left? Did Senator Graham call it or what? Can you give the guy his props?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 12:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Seems Obama declared everything was fine prematurely.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Seems Obama declared everything was fine prematurely.
He seems to do that a lot. Just wait and see what happens with ACA in 5 years.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
3 posts and they haven't blamed Bush yet? Must be some kind of record.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Can you imagine what these jihadi apes will be able to accomplish once they take over Iraq?

I mean, Afghanistan, that is a country with practically no advanced infrastructure, no economy, nothing. Just a barren waste land of mountains, desert, huts, and poppy fields. The Jihadis take over, so what. They can rule over rocks and decaying buildings.

But Iraq? A country with the world's 5th largest oil reserves, modern infrastructure, a modern airport, and tens of millions of dollars of U.S provided weaponry, vehicles, and helicopters?! These Jihadist just hit the jackpot. If they consolidate power, they could set the entire region ablaze. It's a powder keg ready to blow.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Senator Lindsey Graham circa October 2011 on Obama's Iraq withdrawal plan

What say you liberal left? Did Senator Graham call it or what? Can you give the guy his props?
I don't see why we need to be there in the first place. It seems that the more we stick our nose in the affairs of middle eastern nations, the more we reap the consequences of them. Let them burn for all I care.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Can you imagine what these jihadi apes will be able to accomplish once they take over Iraq?

I mean, Afghanistan, that is a country with practically no advanced infrastructure, no economy, nothing. Just a barren waste land of mountains, desert, huts, and poppy fields. The Jihadis take over, so what. They can rule over rocks and decaying buildings.

But Iraq? A country with the world's 5th largest oil reserves, modern infrastructure, a modern airport, and tens of millions of dollars of U.S provided weaponry, vehicles, and helicopters?! These Jihadist just hit the jackpot. If they consolidate power, they could set the entire region ablaze. It's a powder keg ready to blow.
They likely won't be able to make long term gains due to the same influx of outside influence like in Syria. In all likelihood it will end up being the same reality. Quick gains by rebel forces that turn into a long stalemate.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I don't see why we need to be there in the first place. It seems that the more we stick our nose in the affairs of middle eastern nations, the more we reap the consequences of them. Let them burn for all I care.
If these guys complete their take over of Iraq, that's exactly what will happen.

Remember, ISIS claims its main goal is to reestablish an Islamic Caliphate in the Levant. There's one problem with that plan, there's a sizable strip of land near the coast that it's current owners have sworn to protect by any means necessary including the use of nuclear weapons.

Something for sure is going to burn.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:

"Its coming apart at the seams I don't think I can hold her together Captain"
Where is good ole Scotty when you need him....Barry couldn't care less.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Obama releasing the terrorists will certainly come back to haunt us.....especially if Hillary Clinton wins the White House as she doesn't consider terrorists to be threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies