Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The O.J. Simpson murder trial exposed many painful truths. None hit harder than the idea that white and black people often look at the same facts and see different realities.
Uh, No. The facts were the facts and the forensic evidence did not add up. That is why he was
found not guilty. His was probably the first murder case tried and convicted by around the clock TV
backseat lawyers before the verdict.

There was not enough evidence to convict him then, and there is not enough to convict him today.
That sham of a trial/sentence in Vegas was also an embarrassment to our judicial system.

BTW, I am not black.

My theory of what happened to Nicole Simpson, was drug related. Whether she innocently, or not,
involved herself in the coke trade. It caused her death. Same goes for Ron Goldman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
I've always thought he probably did it, especially after he published that book, but I agree that from the jury's point of view, the case was a long way from being open and shut.

The minute Ito said he would allow cameras in the courtroom, I knew the trial was going to be a circus. He is the one person who was clearly guilty of wrongdoing!

I think the whole thing is a very sad commentary on American jurisprudence.

If OJ is innocent, then it is a terrible thing that it cost so much money to prevent his conviction. Most people accused of murder don't have anything like his resources. And being found not guilty still pretty much ruined him.

If OJ is guilty, then it is a terrible thing that money could get him off.

Worst of all, because of the circus, we'll never really know for certain.

Last edited by jacqueg; 06-12-2014 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: clarify references

Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Uh, No. The facts were the facts and the forensic evidence did not add up. That is why he was
found not guilty. His was probably the first murder case tried and convicted by around the clock TV
backseat lawyers before the verdict.

There was not enough evidence to convict him then, and there is not enough to convict him today.
That sham of a trial/sentence in Vegas was also an embarrassment to our judicial system.

BTW, I am not black.

My theory of what happened to Nicole Simpson, was drug related. Whether she innocently, or not,
involved herself in the coke trade. It caused her death. Same goes for Ron Goldman.
Given the police and prosecutors "incompetence", I'm suspicious that they, also, were involved in the "trade".

Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
my opinion has never changed as a white person.

if a person goes by what everyone saw except the jury, OJ was guilty as the devil himself.
but I went by what the jury saw and nothing else, and I would have acquitted him as well.

so to me OJ was not guilty of murder of any type.
Exactly.

The jury didn't come close to seeing and knowing what the rest of us did.

And remember, DNA was new back then. Voodoo magic that nobody understood.

I don't fault the jury. Yes, I believe they were biased, but based on what they heard, the blame lies elsewhere.

If I had to pick and choose where to place the most blame, it would have to be on Ito. The foolish, camera-loving man let in so much speculation and diversion it wasn't recognizable as a "just the facts" scenario.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Man, life was hella crazy in L.A. during the early to mid 90s.

The O.J. chase/trial, Magic Johnson's HIV announcement, Rodney King beating and riots.

Then up in Encino...Sean Austin and Pauly Shore uncovered a frozen Brendan Fraser and set him free.

Ah memories.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Haha, OJ's blood at the crime scene and the victims blood in OJ's Bronco........yes, it was definitely jury nullification via a mainly Black jury, SHOCKING!

Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Anyone who doesn't see that murder trial as a horrible miscarriage of justice is either a racist or an imbecile.
The exact same statement applies to the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:59 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Exactly.

The jury didn't come close to seeing and knowing what the rest of us did.

And remember, DNA was new back then. Voodoo magic that nobody understood.

I don't fault the jury. Yes, I believe they were biased, but based on what they heard, the blame lies elsewhere.

If I had to pick and choose where to place the most blame, it would have to be on Ito. The foolish, camera-loving man let in so much speculation and diversion it wasn't recognizable as a "just the facts" scenario.

plus the cop who got caught lying on the stand. if I was on the jury, after furman got caught lying, then everything that came out of his mouth afterwards was suspect.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, OJ's blood at the crime scene and the victims blood in OJ's Bronco........yes, it was definitely jury nullification via a mainly Black jury, SHOCKING!
You might find this of interest:

"The reddish-brown spot near the Bronco door handle was real. This tiny spot (half the size of a dime) yielded a positive result in a “presumptive test” that could not distinguish between human blood, animal blood or taco sauce. It was never tested for DNA or even A-B-O -typed and therefore never identified as O.J.’s blood or either of the murder victim’s. Mark Fuhrman found that reddish-brown spot. He testified that he thought it was blood, possibly linked to the Bundy murders. He alerted the lead detectives to the possibility that O.J. or the maid might be in trouble. He then volunteered to go over the Ashford St. wall to open the gates for the other officers to enter O.J.’s estate where Fuhrman and Roberts found more blood evidence."

Blood Trails

Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Did the leather glove shrink due to its having been drenched in blood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies