Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:11 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What exactly are you talking about?

Link?
I will think about it.

I do not want the thread to be about his guilt or, innocence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Politicians and judges won't care until it's their records being searched.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Some are evidence.....not mine.

No one had a choice.
Then the FBI had a court order. A judge agreed, for whatever reason, they needed all the medical records to look for other evidence of crimes. So, no, there is nothing you can do. And no, you won't get them back without a judge ordering them returned to you and, simply put, by then they will be copied already.

The FBI or any other law enforcement agency has no authority to seize any records without a court order.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
I will think about it.

I do not want the thread to be about his guilt or, innocence.
Details matter, however medical records can be examined when a judge believe a crime has occurred.

They are not as private as most assume.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Not just No, but HELL NO!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:23 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,432 times
I assumed they where private unless investigating a drug mill or pain med factory type of place where doctors hand out meds like candy.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:23 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Some are evidence.....not mine.

No one had a choice.
Seeing as you have chosen to provide no background, here's the deal:

Law Enforcement have a bona fide need to be able to secure evidence. Agreed?

As a practical matter, the FBI can't contact every patient to ask for permission. Agreed?

And even if they could, depending on the crime, the doctor may be in collusion with one or several patients, so asking individual patients for consent may in fact make the entire process worthless. Agreed?

That being said, judges do not consent to warrants that may breach patient confidentiality on a whim, so there is probably something pretty serious in play. And if the FBI is careless, let alone leaks or abuses any information, they are liable for both civil and criminal charges, something that can put a pretty serious crink in an FBI agent's career.

<shrug> It sucks. But what is the alternative?

Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Not just No, but HELL NO!
OK, why? Whats so private about your medical information that it should be barred from a judge reviewing it to determine guilt in a crime?

Its not like these records will be made public.....

Is your concern that others might see it?

Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Then the FBI had a court order. A judge agreed, for whatever reason, they needed all the medical records to look for other evidence of crimes. So, no, there is nothing you can do. And no, you won't get them back without a judge ordering them returned to you and, simply put, by then they will be copied already.

The FBI or any other law enforcement agency has no authority to seize any records without a court order.
I am sure they did have a court order.....

But, mine will not be part of the case.

The pharmacies around here will not fill any RX's of his......I called to get a refill of a non-narcotic drug....I have three refills left.

The pharmacy is calling my other doctor in the AM to get a new RX.

There just really is no privacy.......

Just a rant I guess.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I am sure they did have a court order.....

But, mine will not be part of the case.

The pharmacies around here will not fill any RX's of his......I called to get a refill of a non-narcotic drug....I have three refills left.

The pharmacy is calling my other doctor in the AM to get a new RX.

There just really is no privacy.......

Just a rant I guess.
No problem, I get it. But I see the other side too. What a pain, sorry this happened to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies