Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Corey was highly motivated to convict. I doubt if there was ever a trial in Florida where the prosecution did not have more motivation to convict. They had no case. Someone screamed for help; no one can, to any degree of certainty, determine who...reasonable doubt.
You think the one holding the gun screamed for help?

Before the shot was fired?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:04 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You think the one holding the gun screamed for help?

Before the shot was fired?
Distinct possibility.

Do you believe, beyond a reasonable doubt, the person who was whooping ass was screaming for help?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
How long does it take a healthy 17 year old male to run a hundred yards? More than two minutes?
So . . . your reasonable doubt is that Martin raced Zimmie to the truck, got there first, got the MagLux, and then . . . ?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Corey was highly motivated to convict.
Prosecuting attorneys are politicians.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Prosecuting attorneys are politicians.
Yes, and losing trials don't help achieve political goals. Corey prosecuted this case due to herself being a politician and caving to the demands of the mob. The rational thing to do was to leave the case open until enough evidence existed to have a winnable case.

Someday advanced technology may be able to determine who was screaming for help. If that turns out to be Trayvon then George will have Corey, and the mob that persuaded her, to thank for prosecuting the case prematurely.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Martin and his girlfriend didn't give one thought to calling 911, for the obvious reason that cops don't protect black people who are stalked by non-blacks.

The black person is presumed guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Zimmerman knew this.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:22 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Justice was done. The case is over. When is NJ going to prosecute the other black teen who killed autumn Pasquale?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
...since he was proven innocent.

Um...I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the outcome of his trial was that the state failed to prove its case. He was found "not guilty," not "innocent." There's a difference.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Um...I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the outcome of his trial was that the state failed to prove its case. He was found "not guilty," not "innocent." There's a difference.
"Not guilty" by reason of proven lies.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:53 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
There are only 2 kinds of people when it comes to the Zimmerman case....

1-People who had pre-conceived racial biases and bought into the Mainstream Media hype and their distortion. They believed Zimmerman was white, despite him really being hispanic, and that he was a racist who deliberately targeted Trayvon just because of the color of his skin. There were also people with agendas in this group, such as anti-gun activists who were claiming that Stand Your Ground was to blame and that it's a racist law. Funny thing is that Stand Your Ground NEVER had anything to do with this incident, it was NEVER even used as a defense! But the mainstream media kept lying that it did, so people fell for it like lemmings.

2-People who avoided the media hype and kept an objective viewpoint of the evidence. This group came to the conclusion that Zimmerman was not guilty based solely on the evidence. It's also worth pointing out that Zimmerman also volunteered regularly at schools where he tutors black students. Not saying Zimmerman is a good guy, there's a lot of stories about him that raise a red flag, but there was never any evidence that he was racist or that he was ever guilty of anything other than self-defense when it came to the Travon Martin case, which last time I checked self-defense is NOT a crime.

I belong to the second group. You know what's funny about the first? They cry about racism but yet they are actually the racist ones. Before the evidence was even presented they immediately attacked Zimmerman, just because he was white. Whatever happened to Innocent until PROVEN Guilty? If the roles were reversed and Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white, I bet those same people would be defending Zimmerman, not based on the evidence, but based solely on the color of his skin. It makes me sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies