Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:41 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And Bill Clinton, who democrats worship even more than they worship Hillary also bombed Iraq. Only he bombed Iraq to draw attention away from the Monica story.

Liberals are hypocrits when they condemn Bush but drool over the war mongering Clintons.
That was Serbia he bombed in addition to draw attention away from his scandal.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If people in uniform or who had been in uniform were saying "send in the troops," it would carry more weight with me.

But I'm pretty tired of chickenhawks who want others to bleed for the sake of their national pride.
There is a reason why our country is set up with civilians making policy and not the military...

Old 06-13-2014, 07:50 AM

141 posts, read 116,103 times
Quote:
A lot of young men do get involved in what they're involved in. That's kind of a quality of the testosterone rush of being a young man.
I'm a man, if that were true maybe the world would be a better place with no men and just women. I don't think most men are like that though. I know I wouldn't enjoy war.

Yeah....I don't know. Sounds more like what is wrong with the human race. It's deeply disturbing when you're getting off on killing and maiming people.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Quote:
If people in uniform or who had been in uniform were saying "send in the troops," it would carry more weight with me.

But I'm pretty tired of chickenhawks who want others to bleed for the sake of their national pride.
I have never been in the military. At this point in my life I don't think I could put up with the rules even if the payoff is getting to do exciting things.

That said I have never been to Iraq, but I have spent a year and a half in Afghanistan and would be there still if I could. I spent ten months of that living off base. I have gotten in cars knowing the Afghans inside were armed, and I wasn't. I have been places where I was the only American for mlles around, and I was surrounded by ANA soldiers who knew I was there.

So yeah I wasn't a soldier, but I have been in the warzone working to help return it to stability. I have had to go to the bunkers because of rocket attacks, and I have had to put myself in dangerous situations to get my job done. But I guess that fact that I wasn't allowed to carry a weapon makes me a chicken.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
The war in the Middle East is a religious war, which has been going on for thousands of years. The US should have stayed out of it from the beginning. The Muslims resent Christians invading them and telling them how to run their countries. We have lost many young troops and have many soldiers without limbs or the ability to take care of themselves. It's time we stop pushing democracy on countries that don't want it.
Let's clean up our own country! Start with job growth and the VA...and vote the incumbents out of the government.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is a reason why our country is set up with civilians making policy and not the military...
See my post #50.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
I'm a man, if that were true maybe the world would be a better place with no men and just women. I don't think most men are like that though. I know I wouldn't enjoy war..
I said, "A lot of young men do get involved in what they're involved in."

That is pretty much true of all young men. You put 100 young men into any activity, and a lot of them will get heavily involved with it. With regard to combat, though, most are ordinary "Willie and Joe."

Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I have never been in the military. At this point in my life I don't think I could put up with the rules even if the payoff is getting to do exciting things.

That said I have never been to Iraq, but I have spent a year and a half in Afghanistan and would be there still if I could. I spent ten months of that living off base. I have gotten in cars knowing the Afghans inside were armed, and I wasn't. I have been places where I was the only American for mlles around, and I was surrounded by ANA soldiers who knew I was there.

So yeah I wasn't a soldier, but I have been in the warzone working to help return it to stability. I have had to go to the bunkers because of rocket attacks, and I have had to put myself in dangerous situations to get my job done. But I guess that fact that I wasn't allowed to carry a weapon makes me a chicken.
Clearly you are an outlier, not the average American civilian, and my post does not apply to you.

And you know that.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:19 AM

141 posts, read 116,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
The war in the Middle East is a religious war, which has been going on for thousands of years. The US should have stayed out of it from the beginning. The Muslims resent Christians invading them and telling them how to run their countries. We have lost many young troops and have many soldiers without limbs or the ability to take care of themselves. It's time we stop pushing democracy on countries that don't want it.
Let's clean up our own country! Start with job growth and the VA...and vote the incumbents out of the government.
The Muslims in the region generally lack tolerance.(not every single Muslim like that, but a huge percentage are) Until they become tolerant and less extreme we are going to have never ending wars in the middle east. Look at what's happened in Denmark/netherlands. Anywhere they go they try to push their beliefs on others.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
His poor pursuit of a SOFA resulted in a complete US pullout. The denial of drone air strikes when Iraq requested once these forces began gathering happened on his watch. We gave the French that much support in Mali under Obama, and he refused Iraq.
You are mission the point. Bush started the war and really for no reason. Iraq never had WMD and now, North Korea, Pakistan, India, and Iran all have nuclear weapons. It's unfortunately the status quo. Also, oil is still expensive, so Bush invading Iraq was all for nothing.

Obama needed to pull out because it was part of his campaign promises and the majority of Americans do not want our troops dying in Iraq. He needed to take longer than anybody wanted in withdrawal, because the army thought they could train the Iraqi soldiers, but they are underfunded and just gave up without a fight.

Bottom line is that the US should have never invaded Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies