Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yea. Russia is still flying those TU Bears. They ceased go be a real strategic threat long ago. Now, the Backfire. That's a different animal. This was just a little teaser, probing our air defense response. They sure weren't trying to hide.
Russia is not a threat?

Then why all the hubbub over Ukraine and eastern Europe?

Why do we have such a military presence in Europe that the last few presidents have now sought to grow?

What about their missiles and nukes?

You sound like Candidate Obama in the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama will give CA to Mexico and Alaska to Russia if they ask nicely. He gets rid of Palin with AK and CA's looming natural disasterous and costly earthquake aftermath and solves their lack of water problem.

Remember when Air Force 1 flew low over NYC and Obama had no idea?

Let's just hope he was watching the news and heard about the Russian planes.

Just part of the conversatio he whispered in Medvedev's ear to convey to Putin. 'Sure you can fly by anytime to gain realistic movie footage for your 'Red Dawn 3". You can even drop a sew bombs in CA formore realism".
How often can Obama use the "I had no idea, I found out about through the media" card?

#1 Fast and Furious, Obama found out about it through the media and thought it was Bush's program - despite it being started and signed off from within the WH.

#2 Benghazi, Obama was never informed about appeals to heighten security, despite appeals being made to the administration and WH. He apparently was misinformed that it was all over a video too.

#3 Petraeus Affair, Holder knew for months in advance, but Obama found out AFTER the election.

#4 DoJ collecting records on journalists, people in the WH knew this was happening for months, but Obama was not made aware until the media caught wind.

#5 IRS scandal, senior WH aides knew for months, but Obama found out from the media.

#6 HealthCare.Gov, Obama was not informed that the website was struggling.

#7 NSA spying on Merkel and etc...Obama just didn't know it was happening, despite it going on his entire presidency.

#8 ACA cancellations...Obama didn't know, but it6 was known by aides he apparently let him lie.

#9 The Circumstances surrounding his own mother's death, despite being his mother's lawyer on the case.

#10 Reverend Wright, attended his church for nearly 20 years and Obama hadn't been informed that Wright frequently made controversial comments - including controversial comments sold in pamphlets and DVDs right in the church lobby.

#11 Didn't know his Air Force One had been authorized to fly over low over NYC, even though authorization had come from within the White House. Obama was furious and ordered an investigation...that went nowhere.

What Obama didn

Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Russia is not a threat?

Why do we have such a military presence in Europe that the last few presidents have now sought to grow?

oh please, putin is yanking obamas chain to get a rise out of him. its a time honored tradition called sabre rattling. we did it to russi over the decades after world war two, and russia has done it to us. both leaders know that open warfare between the US and russia would devastate both countries economies, as well as both countries themselves, along with the allies of both countries. if you want to worry about nuclear weapons being used, then worry about iran or north korea selling these weapons to terrorists who might then use them against the US with no compunction regarding human life.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh please, putin is yanking obamas chain to get a rise out of him. its a time honored tradition called sabre rattling. we did it to russi over the decades after world war two, and russia has done it to us. both leaders know that open warfare between the US and russia would devastate both countries economies, as well as both countries themselves, along with the allies of both countries. if you want to worry about nuclear weapons being used, then worry about iran or north korea selling these weapons to terrorists who might then use them against the US with no compunction regarding human life.
You have to know how to play the game.

It is also about manipulating the media thereby the populace.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Russia is not a threat?

Where did I say Russia is not a threat? I said a couple Bears didn't really amount to much and the plane itself is obsolete. Not its nation of origin. I am not a moron. I grew up looking at Russia as the enemy and I never stopped. I know full well what Russia's strategic capabilities are. You quite misunderstood me.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
It's probably in response to the US deploying B-52 and B-2 Bomber to RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire.
We also have added NATO planes to the Baltic states, and Poland just took delivery of the first of a batch of lovingly pre-owned Leopard 2 tanks.

Dog and pony show on Russia's side. Yes, you have mastered the art of extended flights of subsonic propeller planes. Whoop.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No big deal.....in fact a joke.....as I remember it when it was pointed out that Putin flew over Alaska......often.
When he raised his head, yes. Who was it who said that?

Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Yea. Russia is still flying those TU Bears. They ceased go be a real strategic threat long ago. Now, the Backfire. That's a different animal. This was just a little teaser, probing our air defense response. They sure weren't trying to hide.
Quote:
Where did I say Russia is not a threat? I said a couple Bears didn't really amount to much and the plane itself is obsolete. Not its nation of origin. I am not a moron. I grew up looking at Russia as the enemy and I never stopped. I know full well what Russia's strategic capabilities are. You quite misunderstood me.
So by saying that they are not a strategic threat, you meant what? That we don't have to alter our geo-political strategy based on their actions? We already are altering our strategy to at least a small extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Yes, saber rattling happens. Especially from geo-political adversaries.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Amazing they could find some planes that would fly that far without breaking down.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:04 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies