Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 04:10 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times

Advertisements

Tis' true and too, too ironic. Same sort of thing is often at play when the gay 'homophobe witch hunts' from a public enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All that said...........in the end this guy doubled the value of his team due to the screamers. Why I laugh. I'm sure he is too. But hey the haters think they won in the end. All dummies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 04:14 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
I hope they find some good dirt to show that these witch hunts can backfire big time.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Is that money used to reduce tuition costs, or does it go to executives in the schools and coaches who make a crap load of money? You can have your stadium, but forcing me to fund it against my will is immoral.

Basketball fans, sponsorship, private investment etc... you don't have to coerce people out of their money or jack tuition expenses to have an athletic league. It might not be as big money of a system as the NBA or NCAA, but it wouldn't have the corruption either.

That is fine if you want to pay. It is wrong to use taxes or to raise tuition rates on people who do not want to pay for it.

Thank you. I don't worry about Sterling, he is a peaceful person, even if his views are gross. It is wrong for people to complain about him, and then complain about the possibility of others being exposed.
You seem to be one of the sports haters. If that is so then do it. I happen to love sports so we will never get along. lol

You think folks are "coerced" as you say to be a part. Hell they want to do it. Screaming about em doing so is just ridiculous. So you go though.

Royals on TV soon..............for me...............what I do................Chiefs have around 85 days till it's go time. My bend...........society is sad so I watch sports.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:28 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You seem to be one of the sports haters. If that is so then do it. I happen to love sports so we will never get along. lol
Just because I don't think you have a right to spend money for other people, I hate sports... right.

Nevermind that I play competitive FIBA 3x3... I just hate basketball.

Quote:
You think folks are "coerced" as you say to be a part. Hell they want to do it. Screaming about em doing so is just ridiculous. So you go though.
Bull crap. If taxes are used the locals have to pay for it via taxes, or withhold the money and face imprisonment... they are being coerced into funding it. If a student wants to attend the school, but has no interest in the athletics program, they still have to pay for it against their will to attend the school.

I have been charged tax money for a stadium before, I did not approve of it. If I did not pay, I would have my property stolen from me... that isn't voluntary.

Quote:
Royals on TV soon..............for me...............what I do................Chiefs have around 85 days till it's go time. My bend...........society is sad so I watch sports.
Yeah, society is sad. It is sad when you think other people have to fund something that YOU want.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Hires 4 Private Investigator Firms To Dig Up Dirt On Other NBA Owners, Commissioner...

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up dirt on the NBA’s former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, a person familiar with Sterling’s legal strategy said.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league’s finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct and compensation to past Commissioner David Stern and current Commissioner Adam Silver, said the person who spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn’t authorized to talk publicly.

The person said the investigators also are looking into whether other owners made any off-color jokes, or racist or sexist remarks.

“The gloves are off, as they say,” the person said. “Have them dig up all the dirt they can find.”
They MAY find liasons with goats, sheep, little little boys. leather clad female masochists with WHIPS, and some things I never imagined.......Wooo Hoooo!

Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
I'll be interested to see if he finds anything.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:22 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I'll be interested to see if he finds anything.
You know full-well that ALL the NBA team owners (and the NBA commissioner) have said something racist or against gays either publicly (or PRIVATELY), or had such thoughts, beliefs, and opinions just like Donald Sterling... Whether it can be proved with retreived written matter or recordings, or through witnesses, who knows. But I hope like hell it it can...

Old 06-14-2014, 03:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
And the next time a NBA player uses the N word or says anything racist, I want the player and the team owner's dog killed, their house sold out from under them, their testicles cut off, and be fined multiple millions of dollars.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:31 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
“The gloves are off, as they say,” the person said. “Have them dig up all the dirt they can find.”
I really wish this kind of thing would happen more often.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
And the next time a NBA player uses the N word or says anything racist, I want the player and the team owner's dog killed, their house sold out from under them, their testicles cut off, and be fined multiple millions of dollars.
I'd say a fine equivalent of the next three games of the player's salary is fine. Don't get me wrong, the N word is wrong (I wouldn't even say it with my ex who "allowed me to say it because she is black") but Sterling was much more racist by not allowing "his (referring to Magic Johnson) type" at MY games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies