Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Lerner's singling out of a Republican for an audit with absolutely no cause shows her abuse of power. No wonder they burned the evidence, she was out of control and everyone knows it.

I don't know about abuse of her power, I would say ignorance of what she has power to do.
Ignorance of the law, is no defense, or so I'm told.
I seriously don't think she thought what she did was wrong. It was too blatant and out there for all to see.
She was following orders and it had to be legal, they are telling me to do it. If she took it upon herself to do this criminal act, then she need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
If she is an accessory to the crime, she needs to hang right with all the others that went along with it from top to bottom. From IT techs to the pee-on in the mail room.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't know about abuse of her power, I would say ignorance of what she has power to do.
Ignorance of the law, is no defense, or so I'm told.
I seriously don't think she thought what she did was wrong. It was too blatant and out there for all to see.
She was following orders and it had to be legal, they are telling me to do it. If she took it upon herself to do this criminal act, then she need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
If she is an accessory to the crime, she needs to hang right with all the others that went along with it from top to bottom. From IT techs to the pee-on in the mail room.
I have no doubt the orders came from above. This is why the testimonies have been so defiant and arrogant, they have protection.

Republicans have said they may offer immunity to Lerner in order for her to testify what she knows, but she has to be willing to offer up her sources and not plead the fifth. Personally, I hope they just find the evidence to convict.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I have no doubt the orders came from above. This is why the testimonies have been so defiant and arrogant, they have protection.

Republicans have said they may offer immunity to Lerner in order for her to testify what she knows, but she has to be willing to offer up her sources and not plead the fifth. Personally, I hope they just find the evidence to convict.
If offered immunity she can't plead the 5th.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Only 12% of Americans believe the IRS accidentally lost the emails days after Congressman Camp informed the IRS of its law breaking - those people overwhelmingly also strongly approve of Obama's job performance. 76% believe it was deliberately lost.

Best of the Web Today: No Confidence - WSJ

Using public opinions polls is no answer to making decisions or being right.

Exhibit one, Some Americans opposed the War in Iraq and predicted it would be a disaster

The American public on the other had was hugely supportive of the war

A Gallup poll made on behalf of CNN and USA Today concluded that 79% of Americans thought the Iraq War was justified, with or without conclusive evidence of illegal weapons. 19% thought weapons were needed to justify the war.

Now that same American public is hugely against the war and don't think it was worth it.

Just 18 percent of Americans think the result of the war in Iraq was worth the loss of American lives and other costs of attacking Iraq, the lowest percentage ever recorded in CBS News Polls. Seventy-five percent do not think the Iraq War was worth it, up eight percentage points since 2011 (just before all U.S. troops were removed), and up 30 points since August 2003

Now the fact that the American public supported the War didn't stop it from being the disaster that others correctly predicted it would be.

The same thing applies here public opinion doesn't change the insane conspiracy theory conservatives are advancing on that email account.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:22 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's good.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
True but she also doesn't have to be honest or forthcoming. She knows now emails are gone forever and no one else is talking. There's nothing that will compel her to be truthful. Testify or not, we will never get the truth.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
True but she also doesn't have to be honest or forthcoming.
Which is why you do not offer immunity unless you know beforehand what her testimony will be.

Quote:
She knows now emails are gone forever and no one else is talking. There's nothing that will compel her to be truthful. Testify or not, we will never get the truth.
Prison can change people like her.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Using public opinions polls is no answer to making decisions or being right.

Exhibit one, Some Americans opposed the War in Iraq and predicted it would be a disaster

The American public on the other had was hugely supportive of the war

A Gallup poll made on behalf of CNN and USA Today concluded that 79% of Americans thought the Iraq War was justified, with or without conclusive evidence of illegal weapons. 19% thought weapons were needed to justify the war.

Now that same American public is hugely against the war and don't think it was worth it.

Just 18 percent of Americans think the result of the war in Iraq was worth the loss of American lives and other costs of attacking Iraq, the lowest percentage ever recorded in CBS News Polls. Seventy-five percent do not think the Iraq War was worth it, up eight percentage points since 2011 (just before all U.S. troops were removed), and up 30 points since August 2003

Now the fact that the American public supported the War didn't stop it from being the disaster that others correctly predicted it would be.

The same thing applies here public opinion doesn't change the insane conspiracy theory conservatives are advancing on that email account.
Of course it isn't concrete evidence. But, you have blinders on. Many Democrats now are murmuring that this is a real scandal and it is reflected in the poll. Only a fool or someone covering their tracks would have insisted that there wasn't a "smidgen" of corruption before all of the evidence is even in the investigators hands and the key witness had been caught lying more than once. Is Obama a fool or covering his tracks?

You want a history lesson?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
IRS Prematurely 'RETIRED' Data Storage Devices | The Daily Caller

Drip.....Drip.....Drip.....

This is all one big coincidence.....say fools and partisans that put party over principle.
That is all nonsense. They have no idea what they are talking about. The devices involved are clearly not PC hard drives. PC hard drives come in the thousands not the tens. They are talking big disks or tapes or such.

We are finding again that the IRS was not very good at its IT systems. True of half the computer ops in the US if not more.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Lerner's singling out of a Republican for an audit with absolutely no cause shows her abuse of power. No wonder they burned the evidence, she was out of control and everyone knows it.
That one went exactly right. Lerner observed a potential violation of the law...discussed it and apparently a conclusion was reached that it should not be pursued. Why is this a bad thing?

You suggest senor IRS officials should ignore law violations they stumble on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies