Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Actually...its more complicated then that.

So lets say they use outlook, for a long time outlook had a database limit 2002 had a limit of 2 GB. So what most places do is they delete mail over x days-here at my work its 2 months I think. This being the government im sure they've got some horrible method dating back to 1990 or so involving floppies to meet their backup requirements..... Even then-I find it difficult to believe that they don't have incremental backups as they are required to by law I believe to have both a on-site backup, and a offsite backup.

So I don't buy it. If they said "this is going to be really hard to do because we have some messed up system from 1990"....I'd believe that.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:49 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Steps:

-Say you just found out about it through the media, even though several key White House staffers knew about it for months
-Faux Outrage
-Demand Investigations
-Say no evidence of corruption before investigation is done
-Stonewall, take the 5th, delay, etc.
-Say too much time has passed
-Say phony scandal
-Say you lost all the emails

Old 06-13-2014, 03:50 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

So lets say they use outlook, for a long time outlook had a database limit 2002 had a limit of 2 GB. So what most places do is they delete mail over x days-here at my work its 2 months I think. This being the government im sure they've got some horrible method dating back to 1990 or so involving floppies to meet their backup requirements..... Even then-I find it difficult to believe that they don't have incremental backups as they are required to by law I believe to have both a on-site backup, and a offsite backup.

So I don't buy it. If they said "this is going to be really hard to do because we have some messed up system from 1990"....I'd believe that.
The company I work for, IT sucks. And I still have emails from the day I joined in 2007. There is no chance months, let alone yards of her emails got corrupt or lost.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Oh... and by the way...the dog ate my homework. Give me a break.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:55 PM

Does anyone think that the news release was a coincidence? 5PM on a Friday, which is the best time to dump bad news...

Obama is the most corrupt president in US history. Chicago politics.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

At what stage do some sort of authorities get to go in and get back ups of the IRS servers, Lerner's hard drive and other evidence and go over it themselves? Go through t he server logs and see what changes were made, deletions, etc? Why does the IRS get to be the ones turning over evidence that can be used against them? This is just astonishing that this is how it works in DC.

If you or I were afforded that chance, we could delete and destroy evidence. Hence, you and I do not get that chance to do so.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Does anyone think that the news release was a coincidence? 5PM on a Friday, which is the best time to dump bad news...

Obama is the most corrupt president in US history. Chicago politics.
No, it's not a coincidence. It will be interesting how MSNBC spins it.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
At what stage do some sort of authorities get to go in and get back ups of the IRS servers, Lerner's hard drive and other evidence and go over it themselves? Go through t he server logs and see what changes were made, deletions, etc? Why does the IRS get to be the ones turning over evidence that can be used against them? This is just astonishing that this is how it works in DC.

If you or I were afforded that chance, we could delete and destroy evidence. Hence, you and I do not get that chance to do so.
In all honesty, I was going to split my vote in November. I was going to vote Snyder (R) for Governor and Peters (D) for Senate. No way I can vote to help Obama keep the Senate.

This lawless administration needs to be held accountable to the law.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

2002 and a limit of 2GB, I didn't think you could run todays operating system on that.

At least you don't buy it.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
In all honesty, I was going to split my vote in November. I was going to vote Snyder (R) for Governor and Peters (D) for Senate. No way I can vote to help Obama keep the Senate.

This lawless administration needs to be held accountable to the law.
I hate to say it but they're going to get away with it. Claiming months/years of one person's emails are lost, a year after the fact that evidence was asked for, is a complete and utter lie. But they told it anyways and this means to me that they have taken the time to delete those emails off servers. Unless someone fesses up, which wont happen, they are going to get away with it.

Its a lie, and even the liberals no this lost email thing is a lie. But I think they came out with this now because they believe they covered up any chances of finding those emails. And even if they havent, when exactly, if ever, does some other group get to go in and TAKE evidence? That should have happened already. Why the hell did they get over a year to "turn in" evidence? Any person who commits a crime most likely will take that time to destroy evidence, and we are seeing clear evidence of that now.

The media isnt going to report on this. We have scandals piling up with this Admin. How do you even handle them all when the criminals are lying and destroying evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies