Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This is very rare and they have not claimed physical damage. I've already mentioned the fact that this only one of two ways to lose that amount of data.
The people claiming the data from the hard drive couldn't be recovered did not specifiy why the data couldn't be recovered. Maybe we will learn more when the IRS Commissioner testifies tomorrow.

As to rarity, if that's true, I'm still wondering why my friends can never get their data back when their hard drives crash lol. Does it take a lot of time and effort to recover the data?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
This was not a scandal when the hard drive alledgedly crashed. Do you really think people save hard drives whether private industry or govt when they are deemed to be broken or obsolete? No, they get rid of them.

As for an audit with no receipts, the answer is easy, your deduction will be disallowed.
Yes it was. Rep. Camp sent a letter to the IRS about the targeting 10 days before Lerner's supposed hard drive crash.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
For the second time, I am not a democrat lol. Just someone interested in the truth.

You don't seem interested in much of anything except bashing Obama and insulting people who don't agree with you.
I wonder what would have happened if Obama's opposition wasn't silenced. Now go back and re-read my post. Idin't say you were a democrat did I?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Certainly some of it they knew was illegal.

-Handing over confidential info on conservatives to liberal media.

-Leaking other confidential info to other agencies.

-Asking conservatives the content of their prayers.

-83% of the groups flagged were conservative, of those with a real audit 100% were conservative.

-Tea Party donors having a chance of getting an audit astronomically higher than the national average.

-Campaigning for Obama on the job by telling citizens that owe back taxes that they need to vote for Obama.

How could you not know?
Good list. And you can add contacting the DOJ and asking them to find a way to prosecute the groups and then illegally sending 1.1 million documents of classified info to the DOJ to start the fishing expedition for a false prosecution.

They were trying to ruin people's lives because the people had the audacity to disagree with Obama.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder what would have happened if Obama's opposition wasn't silenced. Now go back and re-read my post. Idin't say you were a democrat did I?
Huh? Who do you think sent me in? Be clear or don't respond. I'm not interested in your riddles.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Huh? Who do you think sent me in? Be clear or don't respond. I'm not interested in your riddles.
Use common sense and stop believing the bs.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yes it was. Rep. Camp sent a letter to the IRS about the targeting 10 days before Lerner's supposed hard drive crash.

The IRS did not see what they were doing as targeting. They weren't concerned about the initial congressional inquiries. As far as they were concerned, they were just managing an increased workload from exempt orgs. (Caveat I am still on the fence about whether or not Lois Lerner was behaving intentionally criminally or just stupid).

Congressional inquiries are a daily routine part of business for every government agency that deals with US citizens.

When citizens don't like things, they complain to their congressmen. Their congressmen forward the complaints along with a demand for explanations to the appropriate agency so they can show their constituents they are representing them well. Sometimes the citizens complaints are valid; sometimes they aren't. Congressmen don't try to distinguish. They simply ask the agency to provide a response.

The IRS was not concerned about the initial congressional inquiries into what they were doing because they didn't think what they were doing was wrong.

There was no scandal AS FAR AS THE IRS WAS CONCERNED until they knew the IG report was going to break in the press/congress. The IG report called them out for being wrong. And once they saw it spelled out in black and white by a neutral party(not a complaining taxpayer) they got it. (again caveat that Lerner may have gotten it all along).

Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
The IRS did not see what they were doing as targeting. They weren't concerned about the initial congressional inquiries. As far as they were concerned, they were just managing an increased workload from exempt orgs. (Caveat I am still on the fence about whether or not Lois Lerner was behaving intentionally criminally or just stupid).

Congressional inquiries are a daily routine part of business for every government agency that deals with US citizens.

When citizens don't like things, they complain to their congressmen. Their congressmen forward the complaints along with a demand for explanations to the appropriate agency so they can show their constituents they are representing them well. Sometimes the citizens complaints are valid; sometimes they aren't. Congressmen don't try to distinguish. They simply ask the agency to provide a response.

The IRS was not concerned about the initial congressional inquiries into what they were doing because they didn't think what they were doing was wrong.

There was no scandal AS FAR AS THE IRS WAS CONCERNED until they knew the IG report was going to break in the press/congress. The IG report called them out for being wrong. And once they saw it spelled out in black and white by a neutral party(not a complaining taxpayer) they got it. (again caveat that Lerner may have gotten it all along).
Lerner admitted that it had targeted conservative groups during the 2012 election. IRS acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election.

Yet, Obama's brother, who illegally operated as tax exempt since 2008 got his application "fast tracked" and ok'ed within an unprecedented time.

Siince Liberal media keeps you in the dark... SEE INFO AT LINK BELOW

irs-apologizes-targeting-conservative-groups

Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:

BS. And people like you are what are ruining this country. Rah Rah Obama

Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Use common sense and stop believing the bs.
I am using common sense based on my knowledge and experience. Your mileage may vary and you are entitled to your opinions and conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies