Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,755,816 times

Advertisements

"I'm just finding out about this email stuff. Now if I undestand it correctly, email is like regular mail, but you just don't need stamps, right? You just click 'send', and then it magically disappears right off of your computer, right? I guess that's why we can't find any of Lois "Slow" Lerner's emails, right? She just pressed 'send', and wow, just like, they disappeared."

-- Barack "Pentium 60" Obama

Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,589,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
"I'm just finding out about this email stuff. Now if I undestand it correctly, email is like regular mail, but you just don't need stamps, right? You just click 'send', and then it magically disappears right off of your computer, right? I guess that's why we can't find any of Lois "Slow" Lerner's emails, right? She just pressed 'send', and wow, just like, they disappeared."

-- Barack "Pentium 60" Obama
lol, that's what Democrats are hoping Obama supporters believe.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,822,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You do know what a network is right? Those computers are hooked in to a network which is backed up.
Prior to May 2013 the IRS kept 6 months worth of backup of their email servers. So there would be no backups prior to Dec 2012.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Prior to May 2013 the IRS kept 6 months worth of backup of their email servers. So there would be no backups prior to Dec 2012.
Then why did they promise them? Why are they saying they can't get them because of a computer crash. Wouldn't they have said long ago that they don't keep them past 6 months?

As I said... Democrats are hoping Obama supporters believe them. They can't seem to get their lie straight.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,613,683 times
Quote:
lol. Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Six months?

It's truly hopeless.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,011,316 times
Quote:
Prior to May 2013 the IRS kept 6 months worth of backups of their email servers. So there would be no backups prior to Dec 2012.
Lol

ok. Eat it up sheep. Why on earth would they only keep 6 months worth and why did they blame it on a "crash/glitch" and why did they not say anything before now?

You have to be complicit or a fool to believe them

Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lol

ok. Eat it up sheep. Why on earth would they only keep 6 months worth and why did they blame it on a "crash/glitch" and why did they not say anything before now?

And these sheep voted. Scary!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Six months?

It's truly hopeless.
Its not whether or not I believe them, I presume this is a verifiable fact.

I've known organizations that don't keep permanent records of non-critical information. In fact, I've belonged to an organization, and heard of others, whose policy is to delete non-critical information. In fact, I worked for a company that was subject to a search for any email that mentioned a particular product, whether or not it was material to the case at hand. Which is why they no longer wanted employees to keep non-critical old emails.

I've also worked at an organization that only backed up business related personnel data files that have changed in the last year. So if there were no updates it would get dropped from the backup.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 PM

17,335 posts, read 9,149,188 times
Quote:
At what stage do some sort of authorities get to go in and get back ups of the IRS servers, Lerner's hard drive and other evidence and go over it themselves? Go through t he server logs and see what changes were made, deletions, etc? Why does the IRS get to be the ones turning over evidence that can be used against them? This is just astonishing that this is how it works in DC.

If you or I were afforded that chance, we could delete and destroy evidence. Hence, you and I do not get that chance to do so.
It's a guess on my part, but from looking at other similar issues - NOTHING can be done unless the US Department of Justice does the Investigation.

We have a Perfect Storm that probably few ever thought could happen.
Obama, Biden, (Executive) Reid (Senate Majority Leader), Kerry (State), Holder (DOJ), Hagel(Defense), Dempsey(Military), Brennan(CIA), Rice(National Security)
All the top people in our Government - All under the Direction of the President, with the only exception being the US House of Representatives.

Scary Times

Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Lol

Like I wrote already presumably this is a verifiable fact whether or not this was the procedure for backups at the IRS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies