Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
They said All Americans .. Not All Leftists!
They also didn't say right-wingers either. They said nothing about political parties or political stances.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I watch mainstream, conservative and liberal media and read conservative and liberal publications. I have my views but try get news from various sources. Anyone that relies on one source is doing themselves a great disservice,
Agreed. And one doesn't have to like the news source.

[but one should at least know what they are saying]

Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 PM

I don't watch FOX News. I also don't watch MSNBC. I don't want a political agenda with my news. I want the news, not the politics. One reason I stay away from all of this stuff. I don't want to hear a political commentary on the news.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't watch FOX News. I also don't watch MSNBC. I don't want a political agenda with my news. I want the news, not the politics. One reason I stay away from all of this stuff. I don't want to hear a political commentary on the news.
That's good to hear but most people, especially here, are incapable of understanding what is going on around them without somebody telling them who to hate for it.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
And? I never once said I trusted MSNBC either. However, this is about FOX News. You haven't shown me that all(keyword ALL) Americans trust FOX News.
I made no such claim.

Let me help you out?

Liberal Group Reports the Most-Trusted & Least Trusted Names in News

Quote:
Fox News is rated as the most trusted name in news among all Americans.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
They also didn't say right-wingers either. They said nothing about political parties or political stances.
So you didn't bother Reading the article first .. before putting the typical ignorant response out there?

It was All about political parties!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Just too d@rn good to not post:

Quote:
A few things give Fox News more credibility than other networks among a sizeable segment of the population. The first thing is that there is demand for real news under a Democratic president and a split Congress – and that doesn’t include fluff pieces about the Obamas’ dog or Barack’s latest late show appearance or his recent golfing trip with Tiger.

Because if there were no Fox News, that would be about all the broadcast networks, CNN, MSNBC and the Daily Show would run about the current administration. Non-stop. 24/7. Heck, they could dispense with the formality and just form one monolithic DNN – Democratic News Network – and call it a day.

Another thing is that despite it being unabashedly infotainment in presentation, Fox News at least tries to hold government accountable. Liberal networks used to boast about being a “fourth branch of government”; they abandoned that role a long time ago.

Lastly, there’s the matter of what Americans care about. Most working Americans care about things like jobs; indeed, that is borne out by the Brookings study itself. Here is a ranking of six broad issues by demographic:

Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
I made no such claim.

Let me help you out?

Liberal GroupReports the Most-Trusted & Least Trusted Names in News
Except FOX isn't the most trusted among ALL Americans. FOX is the most trusted among conservatives. Liberals and moderates trust broadcast news more. Only Jon Stewart and MSNBC are trusted less than FOX among those 2 groups.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Except FOX isn't the most trusted among ALL Americans. FOX is the most trusted among conservatives. Liberals and moderates trust broadcast news more. Only Jon Stewart and MSNBC are trusted less than FOX among those 2 groups.
Don't cry to me .. I'm not the liberal group that wrote the piece.

(You need their email address?)

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I made no such claim.

Let me help you out?

Liberal Group Reports the Most-Trusted & Least Trusted Names in News
I don't care who it is. Find a group with NO political ties at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies