Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

i would have stopped spending 6 trillion ago, you know when we found out that they did not have weapons of of mass destruction.
if i made a mistake of that magnitude trust me i would not be doing parachute jumps.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party conservative wing of the Republican party got us into the mess in Iraq. So far this war has cost the US 2 trillion dollars. When you add up the eventual cost it will cost taxpayers 6 trillion when all the VA benefits are added to the cost. Of course most of the people collecting these benefits vote Republican. So as a Tea Partier and with Iraq falling apart how much are you willing to spend and to put more troops and money into Iraq? As a Tea Partier opposed to Obama but supporting the military are you willing to have your taxes raised to support defense spending? Ok even if you arent a Tea Partier explain why you want to spend more money in Iraq. You guys have bankrupted this country and then all you can do is complain about is food stamps while collecting your govenment check.

The $6 trillion dollar mistake by David Atkins | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

Editorial: Tea party ignores Iraq War choices - Daily Astorian: Editorials

Iraq War Totally Worth Its New Six-Trillion-Dollar Price Tag
Tea Party did that? That's the oldest link that talks about the Tea Party. it's from 2005. Bush 43 got us into Iraq in 2003

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...t-home-alabama

"Today, the Alabama Tea Party declares war on illegal immigration in this state!" the goateed radio man roared. "If you intend to pursue the American dream, and we encourage you to do so, you will do it legally! You will pay all the taxes everyone else pays, and you will learn to read and speak our language!

"This is America, by God, and we speak English here!"

Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Don't know, but your guy in the WH is about to throw billions more at it...

How does that make you feel?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
advocates for three points:
adherence to the Constitution,
fiscal responsibility, and
respect for liberty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Despite the libertarian rhetoric, the overwhelming majority of teabaggers are scared white yokels who first appreciated the glories of limited government the day a black man with an Arabic name became chief executive of the government. It's not much more complicated than that.
Quote:
The origin of the modern Tea Party was in the revolt against
cronyism,
corruption, and
simple theft of the American taxpayer to bail out banksters in the autumn of 2008,

Adherence to the Constitution, fiscal responsibility, and respect for liberty, fighting against corruption, cronyism and high taxes is what most Americans want. In response to djacques racist rant, didn't Obama ran on being against cronyism and corruption.

Good post, Patricius Maximus.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Al-Qaeda attacked us; they were Arabs, and they were Muslims, and they were also mortal enemies of the Iraqi government, not that Americans of your intellectual caliber knew that. Furthermore, while 9/11 was not justified, it was the furthest imaginable thing from "unprovoked." There was at least 35 years worth of provocation, the apex of which was the annihilation of civilian neighborhoods in Beirut in 1982.

In the sense that a lynching may be a reaction to a rape.

Which Iraq was not. Iraq was a secular nationalist state led by a transparent apostate and probable atheist. It had no operational links with al-Qaeda. That is not in dispute.

Assad was in our anti-Iraq coalition in 1991; so much for the "buddy" thing. Assad had never used CW as of 2003, and whether he has done so since is at least in some doubt. And the people against whom Saddam used CW did not consider themselves "his" people; they were leading an armed rebellion against his government, in the middle of a war, on the side of the enemy.

It does not satisfy a single criterion of classical just war theory; and furthermore it was not even in our selfish, narrow national interest.

Go over and fight for the Shiite thugocracy if that's what floats your boat. Don't wait for the rest of us; and don't be shocked when you end up saluting some Iranian "advisers." lol

April 30, 1975 was one of the greatest days in American history. We should be so lucky for that to happen again, and for the leering grins to be wiped once again off the faces of the blood-soaked militarists.

We're not going back into Iraq, pal, and that's exactly why I'm glad Barack Obama is our president today. If this be treason, make the most of it.

I find this post very disturbing in general. First off, I see the tired old tactic of those on the left of questioning the intelligence of those who hold conservative, or opposing views. You have no idea what my "intellectual caliber" is. Why do you folks do this over and over? Did you know that terrorist training camps were found in Iraq, along with jet liner bodies used for practicing taking over aircraft? Did you not hear countless threats Saddam made against the US? Also he continuously defied the Gulf war treaty, and that alone justified a war against him. Like I said the war in Iraq was justified, PERIOD. Also I am shocked that any American could suggest that we provoked the Arabs into their attack against us in 2001. Have we acted against them in the past, yes we have, but it was in response to their aggression. They have a 1400 year history of religious intolerance and hatred toward the west. This is why they attacked us. Pick up a history book and read all about it. Your comment about the Saigon evacuation in 1975 speaks volumes about how you see our nation and how you feel about it. If you took joy in that day, then Im not sure we have much to say to each other. I guess its best we leave it at that.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They have a 1400 year history of religious intolerance and hatred toward the west. This is why they attacked us. Pick up a history book and read all about it. Your comment about the Saigon evacuation in 1975 speaks volumes about how you see our nation and how you feel about it. If you took joy in that day, then Im not sure we have much to say to each other. I guess its best we leave it at that.
I think people think that the Middle east is a problem only in existence during our time. Muslims have been fighting against Christianity for 1400-1500 years. We are mostly a Christian nation. Under Muslim rule Christians and Jews were made subject to:

Christians and Jews could not bear arms -- Muslims could;
Christians and Jews could not ride horses -- Muslims could;
Christians and Jews had to get permission to build -- Muslims did not;
Christians and Jews had to pay certain taxes which Muslims did not;
Christians could not proselytize -- Muslims could;
Christians and Jews had to bow to their Muslim masters when they paid their taxes; and
Christians and Jews had to live under the law set forth in the Koran, not under either their own religious or secular law.

understandingislam/IslamHistory0212.aspx

Liberals
Fight against our right to bear arms
Fight agains Christianity
Would rather we ride horses
Pay high taxes

Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Tea Party bla bla bla
Some people are just clueless and hopeless and perhaps overpaid

Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
The origin of the modern Tea Party was in the revolt against cronyism, corruption, and simple theft of the American taxpayer to bail out banksters in the autumn of 2008, when two white Republican men (Bush and Paulson) were in power. The protests in 2009 were an outgrowth of what started then during the Crash, when the corrupt destruction of liberty and the fiscal health of the country continued to escalate. A proto-Tea Party emerged as early as late 2007 when the Ron Paul campaign money-bombs were using Tea Party imagery and making the same points as the Tea Party movement does now. Note that all of this was before the "black man with an Arabic name" became chief executive, or was even favored to win.
Well, the "origin" of the GOP was to fight against slavery, but times change. And I'm not going to pretend nothing has happened between 2007 and now--or that there is no difference between Ron Paul (whose campaign I half-endorsed) and the collection of xenophobic, militaristic, Jesus-addled hicks that populate the "tea party movement" at the present time.

Quote:
Also, I don't see what "white yokels" (a racist insult if ever there was one) would have to fear from him, considering that he's half white. Sure, he looks black, but his white ancestry was played up during the campaign as an embodiment of racial progress over the years. Plus, some of these very same white yokels who are bigoted against Muslims (a bigotry that has nothing to do with the Tea Party, so we're digressing here) support Allen West and Herman Cain as good candidates, two people with more black ancestry than Obama. Do they prefer them over Obama because they're anti-black? Don't be ridiculous.
I didn't say the yokels were logical or consistent, or deny that their bigotry was highly selective and opportunistic. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
If I were a tea-partier, I'd be willing to invest another $10 billion on top of what we've already invested. But since I'm not, I'm only willing to invest another $9 billion.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Did you know that terrorist training camps were found in Iraq, along with jet liner bodies used for practicing taking over aircraft?
There were terrorist camps in the Kurdish provinces, which you may recall were not under Iraqi control after 1991.

Quote:
Did you not hear countless threats Saddam made against the US? Also he continuously defied the Gulf war treaty, and that alone justified a war against him.
The first Gulf War was unjustified.

Quote:
Also I am shocked that any American could suggest that we provoked the Arabs into their attack against us in 2001. Have we acted against them in the past, yes we have, but it was in response to their aggression. They have a 1400 year history of religious intolerance and hatred toward the west.
Aside from the Barbary pirates, the United States had zero troubles with Arab states prior to 1948. That's 132 years of peace. What changed?

Quote:
Your comment about the Saigon evacuation in 1975 speaks volumes about how you see our nation and how you feel about it. If you took joy in that day, then Im not sure we have much to say to each other. I guess its best we leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies