Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
OMG, are you kidding me.....convicted of domestic violence and you want them to have a gun. What are you thinking
You are aware in some state domestic violence can be something as simple as yelling at your spouse or denying them money..Right?

So for talking loudly and not being a piggy bank you should lose your rights?

Wow, thank god more and more people dont share you views...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
No one really knows yet entirely why it took place.

What it seems like so far is he was a petty criminal and an idiot that blamed the government for everything wrong in his life. He felt laws didn't apply to him so he blamed the world instead of realizing his own issues. Including being in financial straights because they couldn't seem to be responsible, like quitting out of the blue to go to Bundy's ranch, or even deal well with others (even Bundy's group thought they were way too nutty). They openly exposed wanting to kill as many people as possible just for the hell of it. Often obsessed with spouting conspiracies (including Alex Jones), the government, and murdering people to anyone in earshot.

He's a great example of the need for better mental health and keeping guns (and in my opinion even cars, and sharp rocks) from dangerous psychotics.

They seemed to think of themselves as a 2 person army like the movies...out of bounds of any sense or reality.
well said ECW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
At least in my home state, this takes a pardon of the governor. Care to guess how many of those are issued

Non violent felons should not have gun rights restricted.
well like i said there is a procedure to follow. and it is true getting a governor to issue a pardon does take a lot, and with good reason. and if you really believe that non violent felons should be able to keep their gun rights, then work to get the law changed in your state. in my opinion the laws the way they are now work just fine, as long as they are enforced.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You are aware in some state domestic violence can be something as simple as yelling at your spouse or denying them money..Right?

So for talking loudly and not being a piggy bank you should lose your rights?

Wow, thank god more and more people dont share you views...
I'm not aware of any convicted felon going to jail for yelling and denying money. Sorry, that is not considered domestic abuse. Do you have any idea what giving a gun to a felon who beat his wife or kids would do. They would probably be dead. Thank god more people don't share your views.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I'm not aware of any convicted felon going to jail for yelling and denying money. Sorry, that is not considered domestic abuse. Do you have any idea what giving a gun to a felon who beat his wife or kids would do. They would probably be dead. Thank god more people don't share your views.
It does not matter, even if you are just arrested and not convinced for domestic abuse/domestic violence you still lose your rights....

Once again natalie your opinion does not matter, in some states it is considered domestic abuse, and money people have lost their rights because of emotion winning over fact, logic, reason, and the Constitution.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:20 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Yes they should have no only their firearm rights back, but all rights back, voting, not having to list their past crimes on a job application, they whole nine yard....If they are so dangerous, dont let them out to begin with but dont make them 2nd class citizens.

Why are you punishing after they have served their debt to society?

They have paid their debt, they are square with the house...
Not that I have a say in it, but if it were up to me, I would say no. It depends on the crime. Certain things people do makes them unworthy of being trusted with things like firearms again.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:22 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
It does not matter, even if you are just arrested and not convinced for domestic abuse/domestic violence you still lose your rights....

Once again natalie your opinion does not matter, in some states it is considered domestic abuse, and money people have lost their rights because of emotion winning over fact, logic, reason, and the Constitution.
Ok then, show me the stats on this. How many have been convicted on this bogus charge. And all of our opinions matter. Sorry you sell yourself short.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:26 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Depends on what they were convicted of.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
At least in my home state, this takes a pardon of the governor. Care to guess how many of those are issued

Non violent felons should not have gun rights restricted.
Non Violent felons who have paid their debt to society, you must mean? I agree under individual circumstances. A person who popped two guy's in an alley may not have his rights restored as quickly as someone who stole your grandmother's home in an illegal mortgage scheme.

In any case, it is strictly a state issue and not even close to a federal one. Each state currently has a legal pathway for all convicted felons to appeal for the return of their rights to vote, own guns, etc.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not that I have a say in it, but if it were up to me, I would say no. It depends on the crime. Certain things people do makes them unworthy of being trusted with things like firearms again.
Would you let them out of prison?

Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Ok then, show me the stats on this. How many have been convicted on this bogus charge. And all of our opinions matter. Sorry you sell yourself short.
I am not the one who is trying to strip people of their rights after serving a debt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies