Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Exclusive video of drug cartels crossing southern border | On Air Videos | Fox News

They are taking over as the border agents process all the children coming here by the thousands.
I can step out onto the front porch and see the border fence. I can see neighborhoods in Juarez and watch the traffic on the streets.

The cartels are not controlling things, despite a "news" station sensationalizing the situation and getting your blood pressure pumped up. That's what they do. Their ratings depend on it. Everything is a "crisis" because that draws viewers.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,899,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I can step out onto the front porch and see the border fence. I can see neighborhoods in Juarez and watch the traffic on the streets.

The cartels are not controlling things, despite a "news" station sensationalizing the situation and getting your blood pressure pumped up. That's what they do. Their ratings depend on it. Everything is a "crisis" because that draws viewers.

Are children not coming by planes and buses?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are children not coming by planes and buses?
They're being brought back to the border in planes and buses, if that's what you're referring to. They're being held, pending deportation hearings.

BTW, these kids are not Mexican, but El Salvadoran, Nicaraguan, and Honduran. They're trying to get away from unchecked drug gang violence in those countries, which is totally out of control.

Two more flights carrying undocumented immigrants scheduled to arrive in El Paso - El Paso Times

Old 06-14-2014, 11:34 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,726,339 times
Another problem caused by leftist...

Old 06-14-2014, 11:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,546,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

I can see all that also -- and it is completely out of control. Every day the cartels bring over tons of drugs they'll distribute throughout the entire USA --- there is no control over what they're bringing in - tons of marijuana, tons of heroin, tons of meth.

And the Central Americans are pouring over the border now by the thousands every day. They're filling all the shelters with them. And every day thousands more arrive. Obama can't get them their free health care fast enough -- he's dumped our war veterans and denied them health care the his beloved illegals show up and are given free health care immediately.

A flight-load of them every day means hundreds of severely impoverished helpless government dependent illegals for the taxpayers to feed, house, and pay for their medical care.

2 more flights of undocumented immigrants coming to El Paso this weekend | News - Home

weekend, according to a statement by a Customs and Border Protection spokesman.

"This weekend, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) plans to operate two flights transporting family units to El Paso from other locations in South Texas," CBP spokesman Dennis Smith said in an email statement. "The movement will allow the U.S. Border Patrol to assist in processing these family units. The transfer of immigrants between Border Patrol sectors occurs on a regular basis to allow U.S. Customs and Border Protection to manage flows and processing capability."

Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Why are we not building a fence...?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:58 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,733,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The border is out of control -- and this will end up costing the American taxpayers trillions of dollars.

Interestingly --- our American war veterans wait months for needed health care. Obama is making sure his beloved illegals get their free health care immediately.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/30/us...pagewanted=all

Yup his beloved illegals. Good one. Did you see the current Republican congress put forward a lot of bills with funding to help the VA to deal with the influx of war veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Should you want to just irrationally whine about Obama, we do have a forum for that now. It's a great place for old angry men to complain. The rest of the forum should be left for intelligent conversation.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,286,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It could be done.....not easy but, possible.

But, we have to let the army defend our boarder.....with orders to kill.
Do you really want to send our sons and daughters off to kill children at the border? Can you see the images of that being beamed by satellite around the world? Some of those kids are still wearing diapers. Where is the respect for life that so many right wingers like you claim to have? I can't believe you think that is a good solution to a very complicated INTERNATIONAL problem!

Old 06-14-2014, 12:01 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,263,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you really want to send our sons and daughters off to kill children at the border? Can you see the images of that being beamed by satellite around the world? Some of those kids are still wearing diapers. Where is the respect for life that so many right wingers like you claim to have? I can't believe you think that is a good solution to a very complicated INTERNATIONAL problem!
It is not a good solution....but, the only solution.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you want your sons and daughter beaten, raped, or killed by illegals who crossed the border?

Take out a few cartel members, string them up to rot, with a warming sign around their necks saying "Any and all persons from this point on will be shot".

Trust me, no one will enter...

It is not a complicated problem people are entering this nation illegally, a fence will stop this and save billions of dollars and countless lives...Build the fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies