Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 06:45 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,747,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Hey, if you don't want the GLBTs, we'll take 'em.
They're usually educated, have more money, spruce up neighbourhoods and always bring the right wine to dinner parties.
yes, illegals are usually educated, and flowing with money. this is why canadians should stick to things canadians know about. maple syrup, hockey, terrance and phillip, and BTO. rich illegals aren't coming here. unskilled labor is showing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 06:53 AM

262 posts, read 155,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Here's the deal: We *know* that radical Christians from the US have been traveling the world, trying to convince countries to implement strong anti-LGBT laws. And we know they've been successful in some countries, to the point where, as an example, Uganda has implemented a death penalty for anyone engaging in same-sex relationships.

The wayt I see it, it's reasonable to welcome LGBT people into the US, based on this alone.
Hmmmm, then why is it that the Muslim radicals kill homosexuals? They are certainly not adhering to Christian principles.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 AM

262 posts, read 155,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
If you read the book "1984" it is the ruling party who preaches "HATE". That would be the progressive party. We know progressives hate everything not progressive.
You are aware the word "progressive" used as I.D. for a party/folks/whatever is a substitute word for "communism." The movement changed the name back in the 1920's when communism was exposed for what it was, so they tried to hide their political agenda.

Now, let's get back to stopping all this terrible influx of illegals.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:19 AM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Actually that is not true; the SCOTUS has affirmed immigration can deport parents of illegal aliens even if the children are American citizens (anchor children).
This is true, and it happens all the time, too.

Quote:
Nothing prevents this except Obama's constant litany of exceptions and special cases (gays, aliens with American children, illegals married to Americans but are not legal themselves, etc...).
I would like to see some links to special exceptions for those cases. They sure do not show up on USCIS pages, nor do immigration attorneys seem to be aware of them. (I am a legal resident in the US and have contact with countrymen immigrating.)

Quote:
IIRC marrying an American citizen while on this soil only spares those from certain countries from being deported if one is an illegal. The biggest worry was that until Obama and his administration decided to waive the mandate that illegal spouses must leave the country as part of the process for spousal green card. Because many such aliens were visa over stays this would trigger the automatic period of being banned from entering the USA for a certain length of time. To remedy this Obama waived his magic pen again and that requirement is now waived.
Again, I would like to see some evidence? The USCIS homepage is still very insistent that I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) applications do not provide any residency privileges at all. Overstaying a visa while the I-130 is processed (that typically takes 5-7 months if everything goes perfect) is still grounds for removal, and every professional working with immigration will warn you about it. USCIS has no sense of humor. None.

Quote:
All this rot stems from the Kennedy immigration laws that put family reunification above all else.
You want US citizens who marry a foreign national to live apart form their loved ones? The only categories that are not subject to quotas (and hence a wait in line that often lasts decades) are spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents. And that's not for citizenship, mind - that's for Green Card.

I keep hearing about exceptions in the debate, but among those who actually are in the process, not a peep.

Asylum is of course an entirely different matter - it's for those persecuted due to politics, race, nationality, membership n a particular social group etc.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 06-15-2014 at 08:33 AM..

Old 06-15-2014, 11:21 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,534,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep, because there was no illegal problem before he took office... oh, wait, that's not true...

Sure... everything is "Obama's fault." Nevermind that Democrats support the illegals for the votes and Republicans support them for the cheap labor... no, no... everything was perfect in 'merica until January 2009... Unreal...
Rambler, these are very old arguments. Have you checked out the border in the last several months?

Old 06-15-2014, 12:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Will you take broke Illegal, drug addicted, uneducated, mentally ill, criminal, sick LBGT sex workers also?

Not all fit into the profile you described.
I suggest you look up the word 'usually' in the dictionary. Maybe English isn't your mother tongue?

Old 06-15-2014, 12:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Lovely. Not only do we have other countries children invading us, now we get their degenerates as well.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,597 times
Fundamentally reshaped America!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Due in no small part to tweaking and or assistance from Obama's state department record numbers of LGBT persons including transgender are arriving in the United States in previous unseen numbers.

See? This administration spreads the welcome mat out equally.

Why Sexual Minorities Have an Inside Track to a U.S. Green Card - WSJ
At least the LGBT are fleeing persecution unlike the Central Americans who are merely fleeing poverty.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:10 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wait...what? Where did I say they were better off than me?
Comprehension problems?
In any case, my city doesn't have any slums or ghettos.
None that you have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies