Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 12:14 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

eating is natural as well but if you don't control your feelings about it you will become obese. we all have to learn how to deal with the consequences of our feelings. overeat become obese. have sex any time you feel the urge you will probably get pregnant.

it's science at it's fullest so why deny it. we all need to have control on our desires.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! How quaint!
Maybe you think harlots should be branded with scarlet letters?
why are you calling women harlots, that not nice.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:27 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[/b]

they just proved they cannot control their bodies when they have sex not thinking sex makes children. education is a wonderful thing-----get educated on how to control yourself and stop being a slave to your desires.
More like being slaves to our reproductive systems.

Thanks to science and modern medicine, women don't have to live like that anymore.

We can now enjoy sex just as much as men, without the specter of unwanted pregnancy hanging over our heads.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
More like being slaves to our reproductive systems.

Thanks to science and modern medicine, women don't have to live like that anymore.

We can now enjoy sex just as much as men, without the specter of unwanted pregnancy hanging over our heads.
nothing is 100%. 6 million abortions prove that plus I don't know why women want to be just like men. men and women won't ever be equal when it comes to sex,men can't ever get pregnant.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 AM

78 posts, read 63,231 times
[quote=kidkaos2;35237702]That relies upon an assumption that people do not modify their behavior based on the law, and this is a manifestly false assumption. [quote]

Many, many, many women got pregnant before Roe v. Wade, and their desperation to terminate the pregnancy led them to filthy back alley abortionists. They had to have an abortion on the sneak, of course, because it was illegal. The fact that abortion was illegal did not put an end to unwanted pregnancies, for both married and unmarried women, including women with several other children at home. Are married women supposed to stop having sex with their husbands once they have the amount of children they want and/or can afford to support and raise? Obviously, millions of women over the course of history have chosen abortion for important reasons but they hardly qualify as baby killers. Terminating a very early pregnancy is not murdering a child. It's disturbing to hear people equate murdering an already born baby to terminating a 4-week old embryo. Parenting is to be taken very very seriously and it makes sense to assume the benefit of the doubt with the women who choose abortion, that they feel that parenting IS very serious business and do not undertake it under any and all circumstances. Abortion is more often than not TAKING responsibility for your future children's lives. It's not evading responsibility. It's having enough respect for your unborn children not let them be born into troubling circumstances. Life is hard enough.

And adoption is an unspeakable option in my eyes. I don't know how people can hand over their newborn babies to strangers never to see that baby again. I'd have a nervous breakdown. I don't think it's fair to the child either. Letting them wonder their entire lives why mom didn't or couldn't keep them. That affects people whether or not they ever admit it.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 AM

aww yes the myth of the millions plus back alley abortions. roll eyes.

I have a very healthy, happy adopted niece who was raised in a happy, healthy home. Her mother gave her up so she could live. A truly brave women who put her child first.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
nothing is 100%. 6 million abortions prove that plus I don't know why women want to be just like men. men and women won't ever be equal when it comes to sex,men can't ever get pregnant.
I know BC is not 100%.......that is why the right to abort is so important. No woman has to go through an unwanted pregnancy.......and that is a good thing.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I know BC is not 100%.......that is why the right to abort is so important. No woman has to go through an unwanted pregnancy.......and that is a good thing.

pp will tell you bc is important since they know how much bc fails, but hey it's good for their business and brings in lots of money to make them wealthy. they say they need abortion if they give out bc, they know the failure rate is high. of course, they make girls and women feel safe and tell them not to worry. it's big business.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - so are you ready to be taxed to support all the babies or are you satisfied to have the women to be enslaved to the men that impregnated them? Besides unborn fetuses are not yet human so aborting them is not a crime. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is the responsibility of the pregnant woman and no one else. If a person cannot control their own bodies they are nothing more than slaves.

It's a false choice.

Couples often wait in excess of two years to adopt a newborn.

Lots of people have been declared non-persons by government bodies in order to facilitate their disposal.

The arbitrary and imprecise standard of fetal viability by which one child is judged to be a person and another child, perhaps even older, is deemed to not be a person is a lie that no one believes.

There is no event that signals the precise moment a life begins except the moment at which the unique DNA of a new person first come to exist and that is the moment of conception.

I agree that individuals should control their own bodies because if they did, then we wouldn't have to deal with unwanted pregnancies.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:25 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:

No woman has to go through an unwanted pregnancy if she doesn't get pregnant in the first place.

It's really simple...just don't copulate, and if you do, use multiple layers of protection.

The vast majority of women who have abortions were using no birth control measures when they had sex.

Abortion takes place because both men and women don't like how condoms feel and women don't want their bodies trashed by a pregnancy that occurred because they rolled the dice and copulated with no protection whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies