Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 05:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Why are Pro-Lifers Called Anti-Woman When We Want to Protect Unborn Children? | LifeNews.com

"As the discussion ended, the panelists emphasized that abortion is not the best we can do for women facing crisis. Abortion is a failure to care, help and defend the defenseless and is utterly destructive because it obliterates one of humanities most sacred bonds, the bond between a mother and her child."

Old 06-27-2014, 09:46 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why are Pro-Lifers Called Anti-Woman When We Want to Protect Unborn Children? | LifeNews.com

"As the discussion ended, the panelists emphasized that abortion is not the best we can do for women facing crisis. Abortion is a failure to care, help and defend the defenseless and is utterly destructive because it obliterates one of humanities most sacred bonds, the bond between a mother and her child."

We have had this discussion before. We have yet to do something with the hundreds of thousands of kids born unwanted who are already in the system. There was no bond between mother and child because the child was put up for adoption. Who are the advocates for these children who are looking for a loving home. The outcry and outrage should be for children already here. I don't see that at all.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

You can't force a bond or love. Reproducing is not some magical fairytale where mother and baby live happily ever after.

Women {and men} have been known to neglect, beat, starve, abuse and murder their own children, turn them over to sexual predators. No magic bond there Janelle, and obviously, those were women who chose not to abort.

There is nothing magical or sacred about giving birth, it is a biological function, all kinds of animals do it.

Natalie is right. The world is full of babies and children living horrific lives.....neglected, abused, molested, homeless, unwanted.....people should be putting all of their energy into helping them instead of trying to force women to have children against their will.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:54 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
The legal status of abortion has very little to do with the number of abortions actually performed.
I find this rather hard to believe if all other factors remain unchanged. After all, not every woman who wants an abortion will get one if there is an abortion ban in place.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
1. Besides unborn fetuses are not yet human so aborting them is not a crime.

2. If a person cannot control their own bodies they are nothing more than slaves.
1. Your rationale here in regards to fetuses not being human appears to fail considering that other people do get charged with murder or manslaughter for killing fetuses.

2. Do you oppose the draft in all cases? If not, then you support making people "nothing more than slaves."

Old 06-27-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
How can anti-choice people say they care about unborn children when they have no plan for how to feed, house, educate, employ or provide healthcare for the millions of additional children who would be born in the U.S. each year in the wake of an effective abortion ban? Until they come up with some concrete, specific, detailed proposals, no one should answer any of their questions or listen to anything they have to say on the subject.
I have already responded to this part of yours before--I can come up with a similar hypothetical scenario in regards to there being a shortage of adoptive parents and ask you why one should oppose infanticide if you do not have an effective solution to this problem in this scenario.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I am a feminist and no, I do not support abortion. However, I don't believe abortion should be - and never should have become - a political issue.
You seem to be playing with words here, since you do support legalized abortion.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You want to solve abortion, we invest in birth control and get the idea of abstinence out of sex education. That's not sex education.
Honestly, I don't see why students in sex ed shouldn't be taught about abstinence being one of their options. Obviously they should be taught about contraception and whatnot as well, but one shouldn't completely avoid mentioning abstinence in such a class either. Back when I took sex ed in middle school, I learned both about abstinence and about contraception and whatnot.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
1. Then how do you stop a woman from getting an abortion, since it seems to personally concern you so profoundly? Do you grab her by the arm just before she enters an abortion clinic?

2. And if she decides, instead, to look on the Internet for how to induce an abortion, do you ban publication of all info on how abortions can be performed?

3. It's really about you as a man wanting to impose your choice on all pregnant women on what NOT to do when they are pregnant, like you know best.

4. As for how I would like it, I wouldn't have minded having been aborted at all, since I have not had a very happy life. And I would have been spared from seeing all this damned hate, violence, disorder and evil in this world.
1. I would think that the best move in regards to this might be not to do anything, but simply to let her get an abortion and then to prosecute her for this afterwards.

2. Nope, only prosecute her if it is discovered that she actually had an abortion.

3. Many females are politically anti-abortion as well.

4. Would you also not have minded if you were painlessly euthanized back when you were an infant?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
So you are ready with your wallet to provide all kinds of extra services and increased educational budget costs to insure they have a great shot in life?
I could ask you something similar in regards to unwanted infants in a scenario where there is a shortage of adoptive parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies