Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 01:05 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, how many have you adopted or fostered so far?
Are you just flapping your gums or putting your money where your pie hole is?
I'm 21, and hence not yet in a position to adopt or foster a baby. And I've been pro-life since I was 6. I've refined my belief and learned new things since then, but the core belief remains.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:15 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Fine. Then don't have one. And keep yourself from ever putting a woman in a position of having to choose. Pregnancy is far more difficult and dangerous than you seem to understand. It's not all 'Hallmark moments'. The damage that can be done to a woman's body cannot be lightly dismissed. She is under no requirement to go through a pregnancy just to make you comfortable or to give some one a chance to adopt.

I think I'll take the word of someone who has studied the law over yours. Sorry.
The law is irrelevant. It was a mere seven men who made abortion legal. There has been more than seven people in this discussion alone.

Yes, damage CAN occur. My mom had toxemia when she was pregnant with me. It was worth it to bring a life into this world.

I understand all the problems that can occur. But it's not worth killing a baby over.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Why Life Begins at Conception | NAAPC

Humans are undergoing cell division prior to birth. They require nutrition prior to birth. They have bodily function and feeling prior to birth. As soon as the haploid cells combine into a diploid cell and implant into the uterus, THERE IS A HUMAN. It's dependent on the mother. Infants outside the womb are dependent on care takers as well.

Abortion is not healthcare. Healthcare is something that creates A BENEFIT. Surgery is healthcare. Getting medication is healthcare. CHILDBIRTH in a hospital is healthcare.

Pro-lifers have no intention of infringing on someone's beliefs or violating privacy. The point is the infant. Banning abortions would SAVE LIVES.

The beginning of life is not based on "belief". It's based on FACT. The FACT is that life begins at conception. You were a fetus once. I was a fetus once. We're ALIVE.

banning abortions will save lives? what about the women who die from back alley or self induced abortions? do their deaths not count? banning abortions does not stop abortions. do you prefer an america where women are forced to continue a pregnancy against their will, to labor, deliver then either raise or give up a baby? saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy.

your "fact" about life beginning at conception is not fact but opinion. until a pregnancy is viable and can breathe on it's own outside the womb then it has begun to live. before that it is only potential life.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
I'm 21, and hence not yet in a position to adopt or foster a baby. And I've been pro-life since I was 6. I've refined my belief and learned new things since then, but the core belief remains.
I fully accept your right to hold that opinion, but I do not agree. I believe that there are legitimate reasons for termination of pregnancy. Profound fetal defect and maternal endangerment are at the top of my list.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
The law is irrelevant. It was a mere seven men who made abortion legal. There has been more than seven people in this discussion alone.

Yes, damage CAN occur. My mom had toxemia when she was pregnant with me. It was worth it to bring a life into this world.

I understand all the problems that can occur. But it's not worth killing a baby over.
not your call to make. a woman can make her own choice. if she doesn't want to remain pregnant she doesn't have to. how she lives her life is up to her values not yours. a woman has the right to privacy in her health care. it is none of your business what she does with her reproductive organs

Old 06-29-2014, 01:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Interesting. There are women who are 21 and not yet in a position to have a baby.
Problem?
You're too young and therefore can't deal with a baby, but you want to force women the same age as you to be breeding stock.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Truly shocking that the National Association for the Advancement of Preborn Children would have that position.

Gee. Ya think they picked that name so people would mix them up with a legitimate, well-known civil rights organization?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-29-2014 at 01:59 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM

601 posts, read 755,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Truly shocking that the National Association for the Advancement of Preborn Children would have that position.

Gee. Ya think they picked that name so people would mix them up with a legitimate civil rights organization?
Yeah, that's a really trashy, foul gimmick of a name...it pisses me off that organizations like this exist for the sole purpose of tricking and manipulating emotionally vulnerable women.

I bet these are the same people that run the fake "emergency pregnancy clinics" - aka bible-based ****-shaming booths. (edit) Guess I can't type that, but you get my drift. People trying to peddle religion disguised as legitimate medical care.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:19 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:

Your mother had preeclampsia in a time when treatment with mag sulfate led to good outcomes for both mother and baby, and it's wonderful that you're here now to tell the tale. But I don't think it's reasonable for you to generalize your situation to others.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:33 PM

601 posts, read 755,770 times
Quote:
Biased organization, biased unscientific results. Invalid information.

Quote:
Humans are undergoing cell division prior to birth. They require nutrition prior to birth.
The same is true of tumors. Are they human? Do people get tumor-abortions? No.

The same is also true of underwater algae. And bacteria. And many of your basic bodily functions. Simply saying "cells divide therefore it's a sacred living thing" Is a primitive way of thinking.

Quote:
They have bodily function and feeling prior to birth.
Scientists not paid-off by pro-life organizations mostly agree that a human fetus has no cognitive function, sensory function, or awareness till the third trimester. It's very likely that this a necessary survival function. If we really did have the ability to feel in early pregnancy, the process of feeling your own tissues slowly morph into organs and bones would probably be incomprehensibly, excruciatingly painful, and would kill the fetus from shock. Be grateful that fetus are not living things until they're mostly formed.

Quote:
Abortion is not healthcare. Healthcare is something that creates A BENEFIT. Surgery is healthcare. Getting medication is healthcare. CHILDBIRTH in a hospital is healthcare.
This is just a argumentative catch-phrase with no intellectual substance.

Quote:
Pro-lifers have no intention of infringing on someone's beliefs or violating privacy. The point is the infant. Banning abortions would SAVE LIVES.

Nope. This is proven to not be true. The countries with the most relaxed restrictions on abortions are also the ones with the lowest rate of abortions in proportion to their population, far lower than ours. This is because they also make great effort to provide contraception to young people, and have dispelled these primitive conservative/religious notions that "Sex bad! Good girl stay virgin! Sex ed bad! Sex ed make kids have more sex!"

Yes, I compared anti sex-ed Christians to cavemen. In this modern day and age, to deny youth the information they need to prevent getting pregnant, and prevent ever needing an abortion in the first place, is downright primitive. The same people who claim to hate abortion are the ones who actively make abortions more prevalent in America. This isn't really about life. This is about moral policing, and trying to force a secular society to conform to your archaic notions of sexual purity.

Quote:
The beginning of life is not based on "belief". It's based on FACT. The FACT is that life begins at conception. You were a fetus once. I was a fetus once. We're ALIVE.
Nope, you have no credible proof, so it is still just a belief. Enjoy.

I was a Fetus once that my other chose to carry to term. If was her choice. If she hadn't made it, I wouldn't be able to hold it against her. Ultimately, it's up to the woman and the women ONLY. She's the ONLY person in the equation risking her life and drastically altering her future. She's the ONLY one who will suffer regardless of the outcome. Everyone else is just a bystander with no stake in the game, and has no right to an opinion about the situation. You all can judge, but at the end of the day you can merrily walk away and go about your lives when you're done judging her. She can't walk away from the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies