Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 AM

205 posts, read 245,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
This clearly shows the decline of American culture when a rapist is admired...very sad.

Poll: Bill Clinton Most Admired President Over Past 25 Years - NBC News
Rapist? If you are referring to the aide scandal, then it was consensual. Everybody knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortoggie View Post
It's a weird wiring of the brain to call Mr. Clinton a rapist when in fact women were throwing themselves at him. Clinton came of age at the peak of the sexual revolution and most people in his circle were having multiple affairs. By comparison he lived a life of restraint. We should also remember David and Solomon who have become Christianity's hero's and they were so busy in bed that you wonder how they managed to run their government.
Also Clinton has become much loved and respected by the Bush's and by most of the world leaders so it's a puzzle to know why people spend time trying to tear him down.
Well there have been several women who have come forward and said they were literally raped by him, or sexually molested: true or not, no one knows. If even one is true he is a rapist. I don't really think that is the point however. Where are you getting your information he is loved and respected by the Bush's? And where are you getting the idea he lived a life of restraint? Do you think adultery is living a life of restraint? Would you tell your son, it is ok the screw around on his wife? Now, that being said, I will add, I don't think he was a bad President, I can respect him as a PResident as some do, but that doesn't mean I respect him as a person. I do not. I think the poll did not indicate those who were surveyed respected how he carried on in his private life.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
More like "the best president in 50 years"...not 25 years.
you mean you actually put him above Obama? I am shocked!! And how about Kennedy? Ok, that was barely over 50 years ago. I am not sure how anyone can really put any Pres. or rank anyone "best" in 50 years. I would have to ask you, were you even old enough to vote 50 years ago? If not, you can not possibly be in a position to judge. All you know is what you read and we all know we can find something to read to backup anything we want...f

Old 06-15-2014, 12:07 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Reagen was the last great President this country has had. The worst President in modern history was Jimmy Carter followed by Obama and George W. Bush.

Clinton wasn't too bad compared to some of the others.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
This clearly shows the decline of American culture when a rapist is admired...very sad.

Poll: Bill Clinton Most Admired President Over Past 25 Years - NBC News
Bill Clinton did (not) rape anyone, rather he had consensual sex in the White House. There was no alcohol or drugs involved and both parties involved did it 100% voluntarily.

But Bill Clinton made our deficits disappear, stopped the growth of our national debt, had everyone's stocks doing great, and created an America where no one was complaining about money.

I do not approve of Clinton's vulgar behavior and his disrespect for marriage. But whats a more important issue for America, stopping the growth of our national debt (or) two adults having consensual sex?

But unfortunately today's republicans are more concerned about consensual sex acts, than they are deficits, debt, stocks, and America's financial well-being.

Last edited by chad3; 06-15-2014 at 01:36 PM..

Old 06-15-2014, 12:49 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
When a Democrat is in office and times are bad, then we really need to understand how economies don't change overnight. But when a Republican is in office and times are bad, it's because he's a Republican.
Well, you can't get away from facts. Bush enjoyed a fairly good economy, but by the time he left the office, the economy was destroyed. No, I did not say it is because he is Republican. Do not insert that into my mouth.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you mean you actually put him above Obama? I am shocked!! And how about Kennedy? Ok, that was barely over 50 years ago. I am not sure how anyone can really put any Pres. or rank anyone "best" in 50 years. I would have to ask you, were you even old enough to vote 50 years ago? If not, you can not possibly be in a position to judge. All you know is what you read and we all know we can find something to read to backup anything we want...f
I'm an American...I have the right to rank presidents regardless of when they lived.

Lincoln is first, then FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman and IKE.

I wasn't alive during any of those presidencies.

And why feign surprise that I'd put Clinton over Obama? Because I'm black? That's a cheap shot.

Clinton is the best present this country has had since Truman..And I consider him to be equal to Ike.

As to your Kennedy question, he didn't complete a full term so I can't rate him.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:53 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You call six years of unprecedented economic growth "economic disaster"?
Believe it or not, but I was actually referring to the end result. And no, I am not going to get into Repub vs Dem finger pointing. You can't change history. If you are going to blame the failure on Congress, then you must be blaming the GOP Congress today. Are you doing that?

Old 06-15-2014, 12:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Reagen was the last great President this country has had. The worst President in modern history was Jimmy Carter followed by Obama and George W. Bush.

Clinton wasn't too bad compared to some of the others.
When his record is thoroughly examined, Reagan isn't even in the top 10.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:00 PM

26,464 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm an American...I have the right to rank presidents regardless of when they lived.

Lincoln is first, then FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman and IKE.

I wasn't alive during any of those presidencies.

And why feign surprise that I'd put Clinton over Obama? Because I'm black? That's a cheap shot.

Clinton is the best present this country has had since Truman..And I consider him to be equal to Ike.

As to your Kennedy question, he didn't complete a full term so I can't rate him.
Just curious, who is equal to Ike in your opinion, Truman or Clinton?

Why do you rate Clinton so high despite the fact that he damaged our economy?

P.S. I think your top 5 (Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman and IKE) is pretty reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies