Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 04:12 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Apparently there are still people here who have no clue what court appointed means.
And you still have no clue what "Inflation" is, so don't get so high-n-mighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So while I and others believe in our legal system, it does not mean Hillary was compelled to take this case.....So to think she could not have chosen to turn down a particular case stretches credibility.
Uh, not so fast.

This is an issue of local court rules. You would need to study those to see the options available.

Speaking in very general terms......as a Public Defender, you have no choice. To reject a case, you would have to file a motion with the Court, stating the circumstances.

Those circumstances are limited to conflicts of interest and emotion is neither a conflict nor an interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The only disturbing part of this story is that Clinton thought it was okay to violate attorney client privilege.
But the OPs failed thread never focused on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm no fan of Hillary, but isn't this the fault of the lab workers? Throwing away evidence, how could Hillary not present this fact. She was given a pair of underwear with a hole in them.....where is the evidence??

I thought her comment about the man she visited, the investigator, she gave the underwear to. She said, "if one got someone like him then you'd know you had the foremost expert in the world willing to testify so it came out the way you wanted it to come out" .....interesting indeed!
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Great. But again, I don't want anyone that can knowingly represent someone they truly believe to be guilty, and be ready to go after a 12 year old VICTIM to get him off, as leader of our country. And then laugh about the ordeal. There was nothing funny in what happened here, and nothing Presidential about representing a child rapist. Do we need lawyers? Of course. But I would not want a criminal defense lawyer representing the worst of the worst looking for technicalities and ways to go after the victim, as our President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
More personal ad-hominem attacks instead of providing any constructive counter arguments. That means you lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Giving a child rapist a slap on the wrist is Constitutional? Did you even read the link in the OP?

And once again, Deflect and Distract. We are not talking about shootings or the 2nd Amendment here. So why bring it up? To brush it under the rug. Democrats and their Damage Control.....it's hilarious!
You never actually had a point.

You both need to go here....

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

.....and read this....

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences;

....because that is exactly why you have the legal system you do.

In case you forgot.....the State is all-powerful and has unlimited money and resources.

How much, if you don't mind my asking, do either of you set aside for Forensic Analysis in you annual household budget?

$650,000? $1.3 Million? How much?

Dead threading.....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 04:55 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the guy (West Coast Republican) who was yapping about his ability to do verbal combat has once again turn tail and fled from a thread?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
And you still have no clue what "Inflation" is, so don't get so high-n-mighty.
I know what inflation is, but that is off topic.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Everybody hates lawyers until they need one. Defense attorneys are indispensable if you want the legal system that the Constitution calls for, and it is in their nature of their job that they don't get to only defend nice people.

Thats fine. But as I said, I would never want the leader of the free world to be someone that was ready to attack a child rape victim in court to get her client off. Sorry. Job or not, if that is that sort of person you are, I dont want you leading this country. One has to have very few morals or convictions to ever be able to defend people like that, especially when you know they're guilty.

Those types of people are sly, cunning, calculating, and untrustworthy. So absolutely they would make for an awful, untransparent President.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Thats fine. But as I said, I would never want the leader of the free world to be someone that was ready to attack a child rape victim in court to get her client off. Sorry. Job or not, if that is that sort of person you are, I dont want you leading this country. One has to have very few morals or convictions to ever be able to defend people like that, especially when you know they're guilty.

Those types of people are sly, cunning, calculating, and untrustworthy. So absolutely they would make for an awful, untransparent President.
And clearly, you are in a huge minority even among your party peers.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:25 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:

First, you are speculating a bit. H. Clinton has never tried a criminal case, so we don't really know what type of criminal lawyer she would have been. Second, she was running a non profit law firm at the time and was a court appointed attorney in this case, Third, a court appointed attorney cannot refuse to defend a client just because they think or know the client is guilty. Fourth, most US politicians are lawyers and most of them have probably defended or argued a morally questionable case, that just goes with the territory.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:37 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
First, you are speculating a bit. H. Clinton has never tried a criminal case, so we don't really know what type of criminal lawyer she would have been. Second, she was running a non profit law firm at the time and was a court appointed attorney in this case, Third, a court appointed attorney cannot refuse to defend a client just because they think or know the client is guilty. Fourth, most US politicians are lawyers and most of them have probably defended or argued a morally questionable case, that just goes with the territory.
I wonder how many guilty men Honest Abe got off?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:56 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I wonder how many guilty men Honest Abe got off?
Attached Thumbnails
The most significant case of Hillary's legal career: 12 year old girl who was raped, Hillary knew client was guilty-giphy.gif  

Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Hillary knew Bill was guilty but that didn't stop her from blaming a "vast right wing conspiracy".

Is her tin foil hat from Tiffany's?

Old 06-17-2014, 06:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hillary knew Bill was guilty but that didn't stop her from blaming a "vast right wing conspiracy".

Is her tin foil hat from Tiffany's?
Guilty of what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies