Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Yet again, the words printed in a text are not always true. How is that hard for you to understand? Do you always completely and blindly agree with whatever you read, regardless of the source?

Good god...
YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY EVIDENCE TO YOUR CLAIMS.

It makes all the sense in the world that my opinion would be based on verifiable evidence, of which there is NONE to support your position.

I have posted a government document, written by the founders of the country, signed by John Adams while he was president.

I don't blindly agree, I base it off of verifiable evidence. SUCH AS THE DIRECT OPINIONS OF THE FOUNDERS OF THE COUNTRY. (You are saying that it is "founded on Christian religion"... then why don't the founding fathers agree with you... they founded the country.

We are talking about the founding of the country... my source is the founders themselves.

(Again, my opinion could be changed by verifiable evidence, but there is NONE to support your claim.)

Look, another post completely avoiding the issue and attacking me... good deity..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Conservatives can not support legal drugs because that would dismantle their seize and confiscate law enforcement powers. Small government my buttocks.
Think you hit the nail on the head. It's about control.

The government was the ones that pushed drugs into many poor communities back in the day anyway.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:54 AM

I've been waiting on you. Been a while.

Oh how times have changed....

Quote:
I am talking about reality, not words in a document. Do you understand there is a difference?

Your credibility has already been shredded and you've provided ZERO evidence. Your just talking crazy now. You have no argument.

The christian faith is honestly, truly understanding that the teachings of the bible (loving everyone, regardless of who they are, treating every individual as if they were your child) is completely different from the christian religion (the institutionalized church of today that seeks to promote itself, its power and its influence through sound-bites of the bible)

Which Christian denomination are you referring to?

Answer the question. You dodging my point means nothing but you enjoy using drugs to get high (not for medical use). Why should I take a druggie seriously?

Answer: I'm a full grown ass man. I answer to GOD not you. Call me whatever names you want.

And you refuse to hire non-part time employees, so you refuse to hire so that you actually provide benefits. You are exactly the type of a**hole you complain about in your OWS posts.

What are you even talking about?? You don't even know what industries I'm in or what type of businesses I run.

I create jobs while you OCCUPY one. Who's supporting who in this economy?

Oh, I agree with this. The real wolves are people like you, who only hire part time employees (denying benefits like health care) while pretending to care about the common person. My wealth management firm gives full health care to every single employee. We don't only hire part-time like you. We aren't that cold-hearted to people looking for jobs.
Again, your talking assanine.

Did YOU create that wealth management firm? No you didn't. So quit bragging on something you didn't create.

YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

But while you were off in your world of fraud, I was really out here getting it. Creating businesses. Creating new industries. Innovating.

I created more value in 40 days on my last venture than you'll probably make this year. But hey, its not about the money, its about helping.

You keep pushing paper.

I don't know anywhere in the Bible where it warns against marijuana. And Jesus doesn't talk about it once. He did flip the money tables though.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've been waiting on you. Been a while.

Oh how times have changed....

Again, your talking assanine.

Did YOU create that wealth management firm? No you didn't. So quit bragging on something you didn't create.

YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

But while you were off in your world of fraud, I was really out here getting it. Creating businesses. Creating new industries. Innovating.

I created more value in 40 days on my last venture than you'll probably make this year. But hey, its not about the money, its about helping.

You keep pushing paper.

I don't know anywhere in the Bible where it warns against marijuana. And Jesus doesn't talk about it once. He did flip the money tables though.

Gtownoe, you don't create meaningful jobs. You have said that you hire part time (jobs with no benefits). You are exactly the type of person you complain about.

I am talking about the faith of christianity as stated in the bible. Not any one denomination. The fact that you can't comprehend the difference between faith and religion (denominations are religion) shows me how clueless you must be about politics in general.

I didn't found my firm. I (along with two others) took over after the founder passed away and grew it from a small family shop into a robust boutique firm. Last year we helped roughly 1,300 families retire who without us could not. Are you really heartless enough to say that isn't valuable?

You are completely clueless. Maybe 1% of those in financial services are fraudulent. You spent a few months as a low level lacky on wall street and somehow think you understand the industry. How incredibly naive.

I am 100% in favor of legalizing pot. I personally would never smoke, but then again, I am not a drug addict like you...

Old 06-20-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Gtownoe, you don't create meaningful jobs. You have said that you hire part time (jobs with no benefits). You are exactly the type of person you complain about.

I have more than 1 business. Keep up.

I am talking about the faith of christianity as stated in the bible. Not any one denomination. The fact that you can't comprehend the difference between faith and religion (denominations are religion) shows me how clueless you must be about politics in general.

The Bible was an account of Christ. "Christianity" wasn't around when the Bible was written. Your just going to show YOU don't know what your talking about.

Christianity
1: the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies
: conformity to the Christian religion
: the practice of Christianity

I didn't found my firm. I (along with two others) took over after the founder passed away and grew it from a small family shop into a robust boutique firm. Last year we helped roughly 1,300 families retire who without us could not. Are you really heartless enough to say that isn't valuable?

Stop right there.

You are completely clueless. Maybe 1% of those in financial services are fraudulent. You spent a few months as a low level lacky on wall street and somehow think you understand the industry. How incredibly naive.

You've been proven wrong countless times on here. During the financial crisis, 33%, not 1%, of Foreclosures were due to bank error. Which was later found out to be malicious and fraudulent practices rather than bank error.

Don't matter how long I spent on Wall St. I can read and comprehend. I WANTED to leave. And so glad I did. And have already made that transition. Read my above statements. Why would I not want to have a higher earning potential, work less, and do what I love?

I am 100% in favor of legalizing pot. I personally would never smoke, but then again, I am not a drug addict like you...
Here goes the old "drug addict" tag again. You use that when you have nothing else. It really gets old. You'll drink alcohol but not smoke pot and call me a "druggie" for my choice.

Genius.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Here goes the old "drug addict" tag again. It really gets old. You'll drink alcohol but not smoke pot and call me a "druggie" for my choice.

Genius.

When you get on my level get back to me.
Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin -- Reuters

And drinkers judge people who ingest cannabis.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin -- Reuters

And drinkers judge people who ingest cannabis.
Wall Street people don't really believe anything they say. It's why they're not reasonable debaters lol. When they can't change the rules they don't know what to do.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:58 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We are not speaking to the critically Ill. We are already seeing the effects of Pot smoking in Co. Traffic accidents, dumbing down America.

Setting bad examples to our kids.

Slippery slope indeed.
What effects are these? People have been smoking pot since these plants were discovered and yet you are saying we are now seeing the so called effects in Colorado because it's legal.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What effects are these? People have been smoking pot since these plants were discovered and yet you are saying we are now seeing the so called effects in Colorado because it's legal.
Interestingly:

Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers Than Non-Marijuana Users, New Study Shows

Auto Insurance Site Says Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqbo2phXdo

Old 06-21-2014, 07:42 AM

I almost misspoke and said God...

But the Bible does say something things that could be referenced to any intoxicant. But it never outlaws the plant specifically and it was being smoked around that time.

Jesus message was different than a lot of the Bible anyway. So for someone to say they believe the WHOLE Bible literally is a contradiction in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies