Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
or denounce the bible and don't support legalization of weed.
You are aware that one can support the legalization of weed for non-religious reasons, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 11:18 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Well, this is interesting:

Does the Bible Back Marijuana? Politician Cites Scripture to Tout ‘Miraculous Plant’ | TheBlaze.com

How fitting that it's being discussed on "The Blaze."
I disagree with her apparent motives for her position on this but I agree with her position itself.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You are aware that one can support the legalization of weed for non-religious reasons, correct?
You are aware that I am not a religious person and support the legalization of weed, right?

Did you bother to read what you were responding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Maybe you shouldn't judge people for regularly ingesting one of the tamest drugs, when you admit to regular use (just less often) of the hardest drug commonly used by man.
I don't regularly use any drug. When did I admit to that? Please quote me, champ.

Quote:

That is called freedom... kinda the idea this country was founded on. If I don't hurt another person or their property, you have NO right to tell me what I can or can not ingest.

Your drug of choice is worse than heroin or crack... why do you think the hardest one should be ONLY one that is legal?
So freedom at any cost? Seriously? Are you that naive? 88,000 people died last year because of alcohol related fatalities.

Your 'drug that doesn't hurt another person' is complete bull****. But please. Go ahead and justify your own addiction at the cost of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.

I think NO drugs should be illegal. You obviously have a reading problem. I KNOW that anyone who regularly does any drug has an addiction that needs help. Maybe you should spend less time talking to people like me and more time dealing with your addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

1) Why hire someone full time for hours that are only part time genius? I hate stupid comments.

I hate stupid comments too, which is why I rarely reply to you.

OWS hates people who hire for jobs that hold no benefits. Those the EXACTLY the jobs you hire in your 'businesses'. You are the person you whine about in most of your posts. How do you not see that?

Quote:
2) If the teachings of Christ from the Bible and organized religion today are so different what is the point? Do you understand the Christian faith is based on following the path of Jesus?
The point? The point is a history of failure of the human condition over the last several hundred years of recorded history of the bible. Everyone has a crutch. For many that crutch is drugs/alcohol (including your own anger/hatred/drug addition). The point of the new testament is that the series of rules/regulations put forth by the bible is completely worthless.

Quote:
As far as my credentials, I took 2 college level courses on the Bible and have read the entire New Testament. I also know a little about Jesus.
My god, two college courses AND you read a book? I am sorry!

You just put yourself at the level of any random high school student serious about their faith.

Please get back to me when you have anything serious to add to this discussion.

Quote:
3) How many jobs have YOU created. You already stated you and some other people took over a business. So please don't answer. YOU created none. For me, 6 this year in one business, 0 in the other. I did create 2 jobs last year in it though.
So far, 17 jobs have been created in the last three years as a direct result of my work. All of those jobs actually give full benefits including health care. I care too much about other people to create part time only jobs that don't give a person health insurance (as you do).

Tell me, if you are actually creating jobs, what business are you in? Why are you so comfortable claiming you create jobs, but uncomfortable saying what your 'businesses' actually do for society?

Quote:
4) The article clearly stated Bank of America execs told employees to lie to homeowners when their payments had actually been received. But we've been over this one a million times too. And you were proven wrong. Last time I believe you had to take a break from the forums.
We have been over this. You have yet to provide a credible source for your claims. Me refusing to indulge your delusional claims is hardly 'taking a break from the forums'. Let me ask you again, do you have any shred of evidence as to what you claim beyond the 2 articles you mindlessly parrot over and over again?

Quote:
5) I don't look back at Wall St. Why would I look back when I have way more fun and a higher earning potential? I'll already do better this year than the crew I came in with. Tell me why again I should care about working on Wall St.?
You don't look back at Wall St. because you didn't actually work there. You are an OWS parrot who has no idea what he is saying. You claim to have started multiple businesses, but refuse to say what those businesses do. You claim to have worked on wall street, but refuse to say what you actually did. You are nothing but talk.

If you are actually serious about what you say, what did you do on wall street, and what do your 'businesses' do now?

Quote:
6) Alcohol is a drug. So pot meet kettle. I actually believe in Ending the Drug War and treating people. So yes I believe other drugs should be decriminalized and legalized so that we can actually start treating our addiction problem. Our current path hasn't worked.

You seem to have a big problem reading what people write on forums. I fully agree that alcohol is a drug. I want it to be illegal as well. All drugs should be criminalized so that we can start treat addicts like yourself as the problem they are: addicts who do nothing but try to justify their own illness.

You want to decriminalize drugs so you have easier access to your addiction. Try to get help for your problem. Don't try to justify your illness on this forum.

Quote:
It doesn't matter that some lawmaker 'used the Bible' because the Bible shouldn't be a discussion in politics.
Says anyone ignorant enough to think that politics and religion aren't interrelated.

Last edited by hnsq; 06-30-2014 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 07:53 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:

I don't regularly use any drug. When did I admit to that? Please quote me, champ.

Quote:
I drink every once in a while,
You didn't say isolated events, you said every once in a while, which is NOT a far leap from regularly if you know what the expression and the word each mean.

Here is the definition of "every once in a while":

Quote:
once (or every once) in a while
phrase of once
from time to time; occasionally.
synonyms: occasionally, from time to time, (every) now and then/again, every so often, on occasion, at times, sometimes, off and on, at intervals, periodically, sporadically, intermittently
If you are unaware, words like periodically and intermittently work as synonyms to the word "regularly".

Quote:
So freedom at any cost? Seriously? Are you that naive? 88,000 people died last year because of alcohol related fatalities.
Where did I say "at any cost"? PLEASE QUOTE ME, CHAMP.

So are you saying we should use violence to stop people from ingesting alcohol? If not, relevance?

Quote:
Your 'drug that doesn't hurt another person' is complete bull****.
No, this claim you just made is TOTAL CRAP. I smoked a bowl of cannabis today, NOBODY GOT HURT.

Quote:
But please. Go ahead and justify your own addiction at the cost of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives.

PROVE that those losses have ANYTHING to do with ME. You simply can't.

Quote:
I think NO drugs should be illegal.

Weird, because you JUST said this:

Quote:
Why do you think since one drug is legalized, more should be as well?
That is a weird damn question from somebody who claims that THEY think all drugs should be legal.

Quote:
You obviously have a reading problem.

^^Ahem^^, look up... you are full of it.

Quote:
I KNOW that anyone who regularly does any drug has an addiction that needs help.
If they want it.

Quote:
Maybe you should spend less time talking to people like me and more time dealing with your addiction.
I do not have a chemical addiction to ANY drug, and I am fine with smoking cannabis since all the negative propaganda about it that you guys like to spew is total nonsense according to science.

According to science, having a drink "Every once in a while" is addiction too, they told my brother that when he had to take classes after being caught with a beer at 20 years old. Why don't you work on yourself??

At the very least, you could work on not contradicting yourself on internet forums... a solid set of principles will help with that.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
You didn't say isolated events, you said every once in a while, which is NOT a far leap from regularly if you know what the expression and the word each mean.

Here is the definition of "every once in a while":

If you are unaware, words like periodically and intermittently work as synonyms to the word "regularly".

Where did I say "at any cost"? PLEASE QUOTE ME, CHAMP.

So are you saying we should use violence to stop people from ingesting alcohol? If not, relevance?

No, this claim you just made is TOTAL CRAP. I smoked a bowl of cannabis today, NOBODY GOT HURT.

PROVE that those losses have ANYTHING to do with ME. You simply can't.

Weird, because you JUST said this:

That is a weird damn question from somebody who claims that THEY think all drugs should be legal.

^^Ahem^^, look up... you are full of it.

If they want it.

I do not have a chemical addiction to ANY drug, and I am fine with smoking cannabis since all the negative propaganda about it that you guys like to spew is total nonsense according to science.

According to science, having a drink "Every once in a while" is addiction too, they told my brother that when he had to take classes after being caught with a beer at 20 years old. Why don't you work on yourself??

At the very least, you could work on not contradicting yourself on internet forums... a solid set of principles will help with that.
Xander, you do realize I wasn't replying to you, right? I was replying to Gtownoe

Please re-read my post and try again, mmkay?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Xander, you do realize I wasn't replying to you, right? I was replying to Gtownoe

Please re-read my post and try again, mmkay?
That is why that post contains TWO quotes from me??

It is HILARIOUS that you are judging my reading when you don't even know who you quoted. YOU go back and re-read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies