Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
After the fall of man the earth became the devil's playground. In the beginning all things were good.

Use of cannabis will hardly the fall of man. It's been used since the beginning of time for a number of medicinal, and industrial values. I believe we should make full use of God's plant and take advantage of all of the wonderful benefits, be it medicinal, or therapeutic, as well as industrial hemp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Sad cause? You mean something that's been used medicinally, therapeutically and spiritually for thousands of years?

Oh but continuing an immoral drug war, and locking up non-violent offenders, or hitting them with legal problems for consuming a plant because they themselves feel "icky" about it, or simply due to greed and pandering to special interest groups and elitists that think they know what is best for us, is such a wonderful cause, don't ya know?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We are not speaking to the critically Ill. We are already seeing the effects of Pot smoking in Co. Traffic accidents, dumbing down America.

Setting bad examples to our kids.

Slippery slope indeed.

No. If anything, things like reality tv, the lamestream media, and big pharma drugs are what is dumbing down America. As far as pot and driving, I can't speak for others, but I certainly don't mix the two.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
When it comes to driving, to me it depends on the individual. For example, a college friend, and guy I work wit now, should NEVER drive high. He always seemed the highest and was just loopy whenever he smoked.

For others, there's no issue driving after smoking. Tolerances are different, driving skills are different, and the plant's effect on the individual are different.

I'm ok with marijuana DUI laws as long as there's an actual driving violation first that warrants the driver is under the influence (swerving, driving outside the lines, wreckless driving, etc). I don't believe in setting a limit like alcohol because there's no research that would back up impairment solely based on THC levels.

To be charged with a DUI, it should have to be PROVEN that you are a danger to the road. If you pass the field sobriety tests and committed no traffic violations you shouldn't be charged.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Oklahoma lawmaker uses Bible to justify legalizing marijuana

Well, that's different.
Sounds like the San Francisco lawmaker......washing the feet of "illegals" has become biblical

Wonder how many of those feet she washed will become "runners" for the cartel.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
This has got to make the stereotypical liberal's brain explode. Support legalizing pot (but support listening to the bible in the process), or denounce the bible and don't support legalization of weed.

Well played, Constance, well played.
Hippies have been quoting the Genesis 1:29 verse for at least 25 years. A lot of liberals love the Bible. In fact, the dirtier the hippie, the bigger the Christian in my experience. How's that for a stereotype.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:08 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Hippies have been quoting the Genesis 1:29 verse for at least 25 years. A lot of liberals love the Bible. In fact, the dirtier the hippie, the bigger the Christian in my experience. How's that for a stereotype.
The hippies I know are now dirty rich yuppies...

Old 06-19-2014, 05:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Bill of Rights. They CLEARLY wanted a separation.
I am talking about reality, not words in a document. Do you understand there is a difference?

Quote:
Faith, religion, your dancing around the response. Interchange the words and my post still holds true.

What exactly IS the Christian religion HNSQ? Which denomination were we based on?
The christian faith is honestly, truly understanding that the teachings of the bible (loving everyone, regardless of who they are, treating every individual as if they were your child) is completely different from the christian religion (the institutionalized church of today that seeks to promote itself, its power and its influence through sound-bites of the bible)

There is an enormous difference.

Quote:
I'm a full grown ass man. Enough said.
Answer the question. You dodging my point means nothing but you enjoy using drugs to get high (not for medical use). Why should I take a druggie seriously?

Quote:
3 month internship lol.

So how long did you work that job? You and I both know it was not long. Give me a number.

In the meantime I've created about as much value as if I stayed. I also created a completely new industry with 3 new competitor start ups already this year. A new way for people to make money part time. By the end of the year I could be worth more than any of the trainees still there. God willing.
And you refuse to hire non-part time employees, so you refuse to hire so that you actually provide benefits. You are exactly the type of a**hole you complain about in your OWS posts.

Quote:
The REAL wolves are on Main Street.
Oh, I agree with this. The real wolves are people like you, who only hire part time employees (denying benefits like health care) while pretending to care about the common person. My wealth management firm gives full health care to every single employee. We don't only hire part-time like you. We aren't that cold-hearted to people looking for jobs.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There's a Democrat in office in Oklahoma????? How did THAT happen?
And like so many Republicans, she, too, as a Democrat, feels a calling from God:

“Truthfully, I had planed to do this in 2016, when Sen. Tom Coburn would have left in the customary way. His early departure led me to do this now, instead. I feel a calling and I am obedient to God’s calling. It is His will in which I am trusting." by State Sen. Connie Johnson

Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Conservatives can not support legal drugs because that would dismantle their seize and confiscate law enforcement powers. Small government my buttocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies