Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 05:39 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Council may bar Scouts’ request on principle *:*Times Argus Online

Quote:

Guerlain stated that “all politics is local” and said he hoped Montpelier
would make national news with a position not to allow any group that
discriminates to operate with the city’s stamp of approval.
What disgusting behavior. But I expect it from these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 05:46 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
BSA has become anathema to millions of people because of their antiquated position on homosexuality. That's their own choice, and they are reaping the whirlwind.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

What people are you talking about? The Town Council?

They made their point very clear, if you had read your own link, it was the Town Council's decision to no sponsor any organization that practices discrimination. No homosexual rights group had anything to do with it.

Last edited by carterstamp; 06-17-2014 at 05:59 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
BSA has become anathema to millions of people because of their antiquated position on homosexuality. That's their own choice, and they are reaping the whirlwind.
The council members are juvenile jerks to treat kids that way to get national political attention.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:

This kind of stuff has got to stop.

This is the kind of person this councilman objects to:
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
This is an Independence Day Parade. What have the Boy Scouts done to deserve to be barred from participating in a celebration of our Independence? There are none more patriotic than the Boy Scouts.

This councilman should be tarred and feathered.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:10 AM

July 4 is supposed to be about celebrating freedom not about political agendas. The council members in Montpelier don't believe in freedom in the least. Even after the state supreme court ruled against them, they're still trying to block public access to a pond. Politics has no place in decisions on permits related to public events.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
"Antiquated?" According to whom? And what does that have to do with their participation in a celebration of our Independence?

Since when does one become anathema for having moral convictions? It is the perverts who ought to be barred from participation in such events!

Why is it that ones position on homosexuality must be a consideration in every single question concerning them?

Shouldn't we also, then, bar homosexuals from participation in events because of their position on Christianity? (for example)

What's good for one group is good for another.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
July 4 is supposed to be about celebrating freedom not about political agendas. The council members in Montpelier don't believe in freedom in the least. Even after the state supreme court ruled against them, they're still trying to block public access to a pond. Politics has no place in decisions on permits related to public events.
I agree.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:

However, these same moonbats will turn around and in the same breath tell us that the children of illegal immigrants should get a free pass because they can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult parents. Meanwhile, these scouts have no control over the actions of their adult leadership but it's OK to punish them for it. Blatant Moonbat Liberal hypcoriscy is alive and well.....

Old 06-17-2014, 07:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
He said while casually ignoring the freedom BSA has no problem denying to others, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies