Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As soon as you make a correct statement the you mess up with your broad paint brush.

In another thread, you say the administration lied to get to go into iraq...in another thread you say it's o.k. to lie, as long as the president tell you...

You need to stop talking out of both sides of your mouth...

You've been caught! HAhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:51 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redford dude View Post
I for one sure wish all the people complaining about Benghazi actually cared about what went on and its aftermath more than 4% as much as they care about complaining about Benghazi. Plenty of American embassies were attacked when Bush was president and more than 4 died but since that doesn't serve todays political purposes that history and those people don't really seem to matter. It's sad really that America has become like this. I really doubt if most of these people doing all the complaining could even name the four people who died without the help of cliff notes; but it's no surprise to me that all this false concern and caring are probably non existent and selective. What a country we live in - sad.
I hated Bush and his wars. I'm just not a hypocrite like a lot of you seem to be. I did care that people died in embassy attacks then, but honestly they weren't American citizens, they weren't left undefended on a day that should have seen increased security (anniversary of 9/11), and the president didn't go on blaming an American citizen for exercising his First Amendment right in producing a video, the implication being that it's our fault these people go rioting and committing violence over some stupid insult to Mohammad. Remember those public service announcements airing in Pakistan, featuring Obama and Hillary Clinton apologizing for the insensitive video?

Yeah, that really pissed me off I have to say. Imagine a Christian group rioting and killing people because someone displayed art of a crucifix in a jar of urine. Yes, Christian groups were mad, but they didn't storm embassies and riot for days, actually killing people over it.

I hated Bush, but at least I felt like he cared enough about what was going on around the world to actually be informed all night while the State Dept. and Dept. of Defense were watching the attack happen in real time. Yet the Defense Secretary testified that he only communicated with Obama during that prescheduled meeting around 5:00, when the attack first happened. He said he never spoke to him again the rest of the evening. We have Africom to protect our people in that part of the world, but where the heck were they? On a training exercise on the anniversary of 9/11, after we started a war in Libya and deposed their dictator, leaving the country open to extremists? We had our guys in the city known to have extremists crawling all over the place on said anniversary so they could meet with the Turkish diplomat? If they were so interested in helping Turkey arm rebels in Syria, couldn't they have chosen a different date or location?

Oh, and the four people dead were Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty.

Last edited by katygirl68; 06-18-2014 at 08:08 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
What, no response Redford Dude? Or did the thread get pushed down too far? I'm going to post this to give it a bump.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
There you go again. Seems very hard to discuss with you with your blanket attacks that benefit no one.
When one lies or spins another persons statement to suit there needs, theer is no attack, it is the truth.

Does that not bother you?

I mean, you are caught in a direct lie...even quoted, and you don't seem to care...

Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:
I for one sure wish all the people complaining about Benghazi actually cared about what went on and its aftermath more than 4% as much as they care about complaining about Benghazi. Plenty of American embassies were attacked when Bush was president and more than 4 died but since that doesn't serve todays political purposes that history and those people don't really seem to matter. It's sad really that America has become like this. I really doubt if most of these people doing all the complaining could even name the four people who died without the help of cliff notes; but it's no surprise to me that all this false concern and caring are probably non existent and selective. What a country we live in - sad.
Benghazi was not just a random US state department consulate, nestled in some random Middle Eastern country, which was then attack without warning, from a car bomb or a drive by shooting.

First of all, Libya is the country that our president chose to go to war with, unilaterally, without ever speaking to, or seeking the approval of the US Congress or the people first.

Secondly, Libya is a country where our president destroyed its military, dissolved its government, and saw its president murdered in the streets, it's a country where Obama changed the fate of an entire people and their nation.

Thirdly, our embassy personnel were screaming from the roof tops that they felt unprotected and vulnerable, and their pleadings for increased security went unheeded by Obama.

Lastly, we had 13 terrorist attacks leading up to the attack on 9/11, and even though ambassador Stevens pleaded for increased security, Obama actually reduced the number of security personnel.

Obama not only created the situation which brought on the attack, he sent US state department personnel into Libya, then ignored all the warning signs and requests made by those people, who were warning him that they felt they were going to be attacked.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,940 times
So, they FINALLY caught the guy........

I can just hear his testimony......

'It wasn't me. I was home watching video's on Youtube!'

The perfect alibi.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
When one lies or spins another persons statement to suit there needs, theer is no attack, it is the truth.

Does that not bother you?

I mean, you are caught in a direct lie...even quoted, and you don't seem to care...
Go eat a pineapple. Look at my post count and i have been here quite awhile and have not been accused of this before. You are at most just misreading what i have said. True i am not the best at explaining my positions as others do but i am not telling lies.

You are th one that is always trying the GOTCHA stuff. Enjoy your pineapple .i am sure you will buy a DOLE.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, they FINALLY caught the guy........

I can just hear his testimony......

'It wasn't me. I was home watching video's on Youtube!'

The perfect alibi.
I can see the conversations between Khattala and Holder:

"Now, you will blame that YouTube video for inciting you to violence, and then we will screw up the prosecution so badly, that we will be forced to let you go free."

Old 06-18-2014, 09:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Consider how long it took Bush to get Bin Laden.
Bush said he wasn't after Bin Laden.

January 22, 2002:
BUSH: A fellow came the other day to the office, and said, well, are you worried about Mr. bin Laden? I said, no, I'm not too worried about him. He's the guy that needs to be worried. But I want to assure you, the objective is not Bin Laden. Oh, we'll get bin Laden. There's only so many caves he can hide in, if he's still hiding in caves. My attitude was, once we get him running, it's just a matter of time before we bring him to justice.
On March 13, 2002 then President Bush said, “We haven’t heard much from him. And I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don’t know where he is. I’ll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run.”

6 Months After 9/11 Bush Said He Wasn't Concerned About Bin Laden

Old 06-19-2014, 01:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Yes, it's a very sad country we live in. People believe what they see on TV, they follow and mimic bots on forums, they elevate and even worship fools like 0bama and the Kardashians, they vote on idiotic shows like American Idol. Instead of accepting responsibility, they blame someone else, like 3 and 4 year olds. The sadness I feel is when seemingly adults (obviously, in age only) buy into it and defend it.

The intellect and morality of America, a once great country, is lost.

BTW, its CliffsNotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies