Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sadly it took him only months to go from "we will bring him to justice" to "he is not the objective" and "I am not concerned about him". It was an insult the victims families, and the entire nation.
Should Bush have said "We're going to get the guy who made that movie" instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I though this wasn't possible?

CBS News: Benghazi Suspect Expected To Face Criminal Charges In DC Federal Court

CBS News: Benghazi Suspect Expected To Face Criminal Charges In DC Federal Court « CBS DC

Why just him and not the other hundreds we held (and are holding) for years?
Congress Bars Transfers From Guantanamo Bay - WSJ

"By banning transfers to the U.S., Congress is blocking trials of detainees in U.S. civilian courts."

Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Come on, over 1,200 posts and you haven't seen people defend Obama for the indefensible? The IRS claims to have lost emails due to a computer crash, but conveniently only the emails that would implicate people outside the IRS like the White House and Dept. of Justice (their words, not mine). You should take a gander at that thread where many left-wing dupes believe this obvious lie. Do they really believe it, or is it just that they're willing to overlook such lawlessness as long as it's done against the Tea Party?

I looked for the story on the ABC news site, and after searching every category finally found it only by doing a keyword search. Sure, they reported it and immediately buried the story so only those looking for it would find it.

It's not just paranoia here. There are actually lots of instances to justify the feeling.
I never said people didn't defend him irrationally. I said people didn't worship him. No one is calling him the Messiah except right-wing loons.

Also, right-wingers who have no problems denying the obvious and twisting the facts make so many accusations against him and the First Lady that there comes a point when every accusation is viewed with skepticism.

Take the recent capture of the Benghazi ringleader. He's publicly admitted outrage against the Innocence of Muslims video was part of his motivation, and yet we still have people on this very forum saying the administration saying as much in the days after the attack was a cover up. Even though fundamentalist Muslims have been known to riot for much less. Remember when they wanted to kill the British schoolteacher for letting her class name a stuffed bear Mohammed? Or how about when they attacked the Italian Consulate in Libya over the Danish political cartoons? That was right in Benghazi.

CNN.com - In Libya, 11 reportedly die in cartoon protests - Feb 17, 2006

Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I never said people didn't defend him irrationally. I said people didn't worship him. No one is calling him the Messiah except right-wing loons.

Also, right-wingers who have no problems denying the obvious and twisting the facts make so many accusations against him and the First Lady that there comes a point when every accusation is viewed with skepticism.

Take the recent capture of the Benghazi ringleader. He's publicly admitted outrage against the Innocence of Muslims video was part of his motivation, and yet we still have people on this very forum saying the administration saying as much in the days after the attack was a cover up. Even though fundamentalist Muslims have been known to riot for much less. Remember when they wanted to kill the British schoolteacher for letting her class name a stuffed bear Mohammed? Or how about when they attacked the Italian Consulate in Libya over the Danish political cartoons? That was right in Benghazi.

CNN.com - In Libya, 11 reportedly die in cartoon protests - Feb 17, 2006
I agree that the constant attacks on Michelle and Barack Obama can get wearing, especially the personal attacks. I don't do that. I also think it takes away from an argument when people go down that road. That goes for people on the left too, who accuse every criticism of Obama as racist.

And I'm certainly not surprised that the Benghazi ringleader was upset about the video. I just don't think they saw the video and picked up some mortars and decided to go kill Americans. That was planned. I don't really care about the video story except that the Administration kept with that story long after it was obvious to be a planned attack. My main problem is that the meeting was there in Benghazi on 9/11, with none of the additional security they had been begging for, and all their protection hundreds or thousands of miles away. I blame Hillary Clinton more than I blame Obama, though it does seem odd that Obama was not in contact with the Defense Secretary all night as testified to by Leon Panetta.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
This was the guy drinking strawberry Frappes. Looks more like he was hunting for bigfoot.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:32 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Spin, spin, spin!
Who didn't think something might be brewing on an anniversary of 9/11? Obviously our state dept. didn't give it a thought.
Who the hell said anything about knowing or not knowing something might be brewing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies