Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How can you say that when Obama spends time with William Ayers? The huge list of democrat mass murderers over the last couple of decades. Plus organization and people like the ELF, ALF, James Blanning, Carol Burger, etc.

You cannot even get away from your talking points, you just double down with all republicans are racists mantra. It is tiring.

Does he do this now? "How can you say that when Obama spends time with William Ayers"

Old 06-17-2014, 02:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
How can you say that when Obama spends time with William Ayers? The huge list of democrat mass murderers over the last couple of decades. Plus organization and people like the ELF, ALF, James Blanning, Carol Burger, etc.

You cannot even get away from your talking points, you just double down with all republicans are racists mantra. It is tiring.
What is tiring is listening to right-wingers pretend that a handful of "leftist terrorists" somehow disproves the fact that their darling Tea Party is an extremist organization with an agenda of hatred, racism, and so forth, with the support of millions of idiots who fully buy into their message of violence and hatred. How anyone can see them as anything other than a dangerous organization is laughable.

It is also tiring listening to right-wingers try to point fingers at the handful of left-leaning terrorists while ignoring how there are literally orders of magnitude more such people on the far right, and that's not even counting the average Tea Party nut who honestly hates and wants to kill "those people." I've worked with and run into far too many such lunatics for it to be a coincidence, and I live in a blue region of a blue state... a location that should be full of "left-wing extremists" - but they are rarer then hen's teeth and harmless when found.

So, go on - keep denying the facts. Keep pretending that "oh, there's an equal number of dangerous people on both sides." Keep on pretending that the Tea Party is not a front for violence and bigotry...

Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
What is tiring is listening to right-wingers pretend that a handful of "leftist terrorists" somehow disproves the fact that their darling Tea Party is an extremist organization with an agenda of hatred, racism, and so forth, with the support of millions of idiots who fully buy into their message of violence and hatred. How anyone can see them as anything other than a dangerous organization is laughable.

It is also tiring listening to right-wingers try to point fingers at the handful of left-leaning terrorists while ignoring how there are literally orders of magnitude more such people on the far right, and that's not even counting the average Tea Party nut who honestly hates and wants to kill "those people." I've worked with and run into far too many such lunatics for it to be a coincidence, and I live in a blue region of a blue state... a location that should be full of "left-wing extremists" - but they are rarer then hen's teeth and harmless when found.

So, go on - keep denying the facts. Keep pretending that "oh, there's an equal number of dangerous people on both sides." Keep on pretending that the Tea Party is not a front for violence and bigotry...
The difference is I am not labeling every liberal a terrorist like is being done with republicans/tea partiers because someone is crazy.

I really feel sorry for you, to hate something you do not understand as fervently as you do is not a good way to live life. Peace be with you.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
What's the requisite number of "terrorists" that you have to have in order to get your entire group called terrorist? 1, 12, 2 percent?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The difference is I am not labeling every liberal a terrorist like is being done with republicans/tea partiers because someone is crazy.

I really feel sorry for you, to hate something you do not understand as fervently as you do is not a good way to live life. Peace be with you.
No, I don't hate people I don't understand - I hate them BECAUSE I understand them.

It's really easy to "understand" somebody when he uses the n-word in casual conversation, when he can't go a week without ranting about how much he wants to "kill those people," when he can't stop blaming gays, Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and so on for "every problem the nation has," or when he actually gives me a KKK recruitment speech, claiming that the 1st Amendment protects the Klan's actions against blacks.

All of that I have experienced working with right-wing extremists who loudly support the Tea Party, and we're talking a good number of people here... meanwhile, the worst I've heard from a left-wing "extremist" is "Bush lied, the rich pay too little in taxes, and guns suck." That's it...

So, while YOU are not a right-wing extremist, that doesn't invalidate the staggering number of ignorant and idiotic right-wing lunatics I've met... in a blue region, of a blue state. It is obvious based on that information alone that the problem of dangerous right-wingers is far larger than anyone likes to admit, while the comparable "left wing extremist" is rarer than hen's teeth.

I voted Republican for years, but I will not support them again until the Tea Party lunatics are purged from their ranks.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:59 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
aplcr0331 = "Look at those two meth heads from Las Vegas they were clearly right wing."

Except that Las Vegas cop killer Jerad Miller voted for Obama.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No, I don't hate people I don't understand - I hate them BECAUSE I understand them.

It's really easy to "understand" somebody when he uses the n-word in casual conversation, when he can't go a week without ranting about how much he wants to "kill those people," when he can't stop blaming gays, Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, and so on for "every problem the nation has," or when he actually gives me a KKK recruitment speech, claiming that the 1st Amendment protects the Klan's actions against blacks.

All of that I have experienced working with right-wing extremists who loudly support the Tea Party, and we're talking a good number of people here... meanwhile, the worst I've heard from a left-wing "extremist" is "Bush lied, the rich pay too little in taxes, and guns suck." That's it...

So, while YOU are not a right-wing extremist, that doesn't invalidate the staggering number of ignorant and idiotic right-wing lunatics I've met... in a blue region, of a blue state. It is obvious based on that information alone that the problem of dangerous right-wingers is far larger than anyone likes to admit, while the comparable "left wing extremist" is rarer than hen's teeth.

I voted Republican for years, but I will not support them again until the Tea Party lunatics are purged from their ranks.
It's ok, no need to get so angry.

Just a small correction though, the KKK was actually founded by democrats and worked closely with democrats for over a century. But I don't want to upset you anymore.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
It's ok, no need to get so angry.

Just a small correction though, the KKK was actually founded by democrats and worked closely with democrats for over a century. But I don't want to upset you anymore.
And the Democrats back then are the Republicans of today... Remember, back then, the Democrats were racist and won the South in every election... nowadays, the Republicans (Tea Party) win the South in every elections... and we'll leave you to wonder about their feelings on race relations...

Old 06-17-2014, 03:05 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
aplcr0331 = "Look at those two meth heads from Las Vegas they were clearly right wing."

Except that Las Vegas cop killer Jerad Miller voted for Obama.
I don't know man, they had enough characteristics to be called right wing in my eyes. As a gun owner I sometimes have to accept that there are other folks out there who take beliefs too far. These two did.

I'm certainly not implying, like many on this board do, that because there are some RWWJ out there doing harm that all right wing people (T.E.A. Party) are wanting to kill people (like was implied in a post above). Which is why I asked the question, how many whack jobs does it take in order to brand an entire group with the whack jobs title? Also, I'll need to know what constitutes "support" for a cause as well. "Liking" something on Facebook is tacit approval from that group that the "Liker" and the group share EVERYTHING in common?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
And the Democrats back then are the Republicans of today... Remember, back then, the Democrats were racist and won the South in every election... nowadays, the Republicans (Tea Party) win the South in every elections... and we'll leave you to wonder about their feelings on race relations...
I guess we are using every trick in the book today, the good ol' switch-a-roo

You really aren't helping your argument. I really hope you just let this end, for your sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies