Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,778,077 times

Advertisements

He's a cute boy. She should be allowed to wear his makeup.

And hey!! My great great grandfather was from Anderson, SC. I've been there and it is a cute little town.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:51 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,801,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
That's a scientifically false statement. Gender identity is a bimodal continuum.
You can to things the Right Way, the Wrong Way and the Government Way. DL is the Government Way. M or F.

Next!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:00 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. More psuedo-"progressive" fantasy nonsense. There is no such thing as transgender or intersex. Just like there is no such thing as transanimal or transsuperhero. Those people are called the mentally ill and need help, it's wrong to entertain their delusions as it is wrong to entertain the delusions of any mentally ill person.
Wow, talk about ignoring reality....You win the prize!

So according to you this person is male, right?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:01 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,370,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It's a story about a man thinking he's a woman.

Hmmm....OK what abut my sister who is intersexed?? Men's chromosome identification is XY, women are XX, my sister is XXXY.

And before I go into my story, yes, intersexuality is part of the transgender umbrella.

Since the medical staff delivering her saw her male genitalia she was assigned an "" M "" at birth. The same medical staff however was unaware as to her fallopian tube development and ovaries.
This anomaly was discovered within six months however since she was assigned an "" M "" the consensus of my parents and the medical staff that she should be raised as male despite this biological netherworld she existed in.

As she became older the decision to have raised her as a boy became a glaring mistake.
As puberty began she developed normally as a female should along with a female voice, breast development, and body shape.
The teasing and bullying in public school was brutal and, at the same age as this girl the OP is speaking about, my sister attempted to end her life with a overdose of drugs.

This was 1984.

My parents removed her from public school and placed her in a secular private academy.
There she excelled academically and was allowed the freedom to change her clothing and hair to match who she was and is.

She is now married, has a law career and physically appears just like any other beautiful well adjusted woman out in the world.

The point in telling all of you this is simple; NEVER, EVER judge what another person is concerning their gender.

The bizarre idea that there are only two distinct physical genders is an absolute lie based mostly on a religion that rejects scientific proof of something simply because it does not fit into a narrow belief system.

Wake up and become educated on a topic in order to avoid embarrassment.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:04 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol... what?!

Seriously... make-up is genetic, women are born with it on, and it is illegal for men to wear it?

I wish this was a troll post... but these days - and around here - one cannot be sure...
It was sarcasm...

Old 06-18-2014, 03:05 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,585,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What does their birth certificate say? I bet it says male or female.

End of that discussion.
I can't help but notice that you're really interested in ending the discussion. It's almost as if you don't want to encounter any more information that might disrupt your worldview. That's not the behavior of someone interested in reality.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 PM

5,647 posts, read 5,066,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow, talk about ignoring reality....You win the prize!

So according to you this person is male, right?
Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. We are what we were born with. Putting makeup on doesn't change that and whacking something off doesn't change that.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 PM

15,832 posts, read 21,358,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
More hyperbole. More fallacies.

No one is saying the Government can dictate how people look. It's only when taking a photo at the DMV as it's a vital legal document. Same goes at the Post Office when you're getting a passport. They need to see the real you so they can recognize you. Otherwise it becomes a security issue.

What is the real you? When I got my latest license, it was days after I had to shave my head because my hair was falling out from chemo. I was wearing dramatic eye makeup to take away from the fact that I looked like the walking dead. My eyebrows were mostly gone. My face was swollen from steroids and I was beginning to gain weight due to treatment. I would ultimately gain 60 pounds over the course of treatment, leaving me looking completely and totally different from before I got sick, when the photo was taken, and how I look now.

Now, I do not wear nearly so much makeup (about the same as the person in the story) and have hair. I could have worn a wig. I could dye my hair blonde tomorrow. Or I could put it up in a mohawk. Before I got sick, my hair was straight. It has grown back curly and a mousier color. I gained weight. I could have lost weight. I could shave my eyebrows or shape them differently. There are a million things I, or anyone else, could do to their appearance intentionally or otherwise. I look totally different from my passport photo which was taken just 6 years ago, and yet even Israeli officials have no problem with that.

If my appearance changes are appropriate and allowed, why would wearing makeup be a grossly distorting choice?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I can't help but notice that you're really interested in ending the discussion. It's almost as if you don't want to encounter any more information that might disrupt your worldview. That's not the behavior of someone interested in reality.
Once again, what does the birth certificate say???

Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Once again, what does the birth certificate say???
In this case why does it matter? He isn't denying he's male. He simply likes to wear make up. We may not like it but we don't have to.

Why can't we just leave people alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies