Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Let's take the Obama rhetoric, from both sides, off the table and ask; Is it a good thing for the FBI to be opening an investigation?

I believe there should be some VA administrators brought up on negligent manslaughter charges.

Would anyone else agree with this?
Yes, absolutely. The only caveat I have is that we should wait for the results of the investigation to decide who should face charges. And I don't mean that we should accept a summary report, we need to see *all* the materials gathered during the investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 08:18 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Actually when Obama first came into office I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said ''Give him a chance'', I say this about all first time Presidents even if I don't vote for them. But this administration has been involved on so many scandals that I can't understandwhy ghe's still President and why some people still defend him or choose to try and laugh it all off.
Scandals to disqualify one from the office. Previous presidents have proven that.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The US will never see a president impeached and removed from office.

When Republican takes control of the Senate, in Jan. 2015, all the cards will be inplace to punt the fool and frog march his lame ass, right down Pennsylvania Ave.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Actually when Obama first came into office I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said ''Give him a chance'', I say this about all first time Presidents even if I don't vote for them. But this administration has been involved on so many scandals that I can't understandwhy ghe's still President and why some people still defend him or choose to try and laugh it all off.
Because most people don't evaluate their lives based on media hype. We use...our lives. Since my life has improved, as well as everyone I know, we don't get worked up by every "scandal" that hits the airwaves. We're happy. You seem angry.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:33 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When Republican takes control of the Senate, in Jan. 2015, all the cards will be inplace to punt the fool and frog march his lame ass, right down Pennsylvania Ave.
We the people don't want our taxes wasted on such foollishness. That's MY money. Period!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Actually when Obama first came into office I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said ''Give him a chance'', I say this about all first time Presidents even if I don't vote for them.
I said the exact same thing. I was jaded by the GOP and credit them for turning me to Constitutional Libertarianism. What made me a firm critic of Obama was how he promised to work on both sides of the aisle and then locked all of the Republicans out and spent over two years pushing through the ACA. When he proved himself to be the most arrogant partisan President in his first 2 years... that was enough for me.

The uniter became the divider fairly quickly, much to the delight of his cult following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Because most people don't evaluate their lives based on media hype. We use...our lives. Since my life has improved, as well as everyone I know, we don't get worked up by every "scandal" that hits the airwaves. We're happy. You seem angry.
Isn't that a let them eat cake attitude? Others are certainly suffering more, even though you and your circle are doing well. The unemployment rates are still some of the worst in history for certain demographics, such as youth and especially black youth. Up to 6 million middle class jobs have been exchanged for lower paying jobs, and this was confirmed by Joe Biden just last week. The USD has been diluted by the biggest injection of fiat currency in the history of man.

I'm glad you're happy, but at what cost?

Isn't this the same attitude, that I'd bet you frown on, the global warming deniers use? If it isn't affecting them, everything is good. It is the exact same thing, without a doubt.

I'm just saying.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-18-2014 at 08:53 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 08:50 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
The DOJ prosecuting Obama?

Surely you jest.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I believe there should be some VA administrators brought up on negligent manslaughter charges.

If they're found guilty of negligence or worse? Of course. Who wouldn't? Except for the administrators involved, obviously.

And if it emerges that Obama personally directed everyone from Shinseki on down to falsify appointment data in order to make certain regional VA offices look good, then he should pay the price.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by steven_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If they're found guilty of negligence or worse? Of course. Who wouldn't? Except for the administrators involved, obviously.

And if it emerges that Obama personally directed everyone from Shinseki on down to falsify appointment data in order to make certain regional VA offices look good, then he should pay the price.
You and I agree 100%, and that is exactly why we need to stop the right left rhetoric, the shotgun assumptions, the Obama is or isn't to blame derisions, and let the investigations unfold and play out.

I still believe there are more honest people in government than dishonest people. I believe they'll sort it out and roll the baddies.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
We the people don't want our taxes wasted on such foollishness. That's MY money. Period!
It's my money too. Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies