Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:31 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Might be a shock for you guys but there are actually people and countries that enjoy helping people and countries.

I am sure all the women, children and non extremists of Iraq would love to not have to live in constant civil war and terror.
many many thousands are already dead from our actions, creating hatred towards us for generations to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
I hope I dont ever need your help for anything with that mindset lmao

Why should people help?! haha smh

Kindly explain how our "help" has stabilized that region? Oh wait...

Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 AM

675 posts, read 543,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You do realize the difference in a good plan / help and a bad plan / help?

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
you sure don't

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
I hope I dont ever need your help for anything with that mindset lmao

Why should people help?! haha smh
I hope I never have you for a neighbor with yours. You disagree with me and you and your friends invade my home? That is what you are asking the USA to do.
Have you ever served in the military? Have you ever been in a fire fight? I have. You would like it to mean something more than dethroning one fanatic for another. People who have never served seem to be pretty willing to send our soldiers to die for a cause that has not one thing to do with our national defense. Have you ever watched a close friend bleed out on the field of battle? I have. I would never wish it on anyone. If we must go to war, if we must send troops into harms way, let it be for our nation and our own people.
10 million gallons of foreign blood is not worth 1 drop of American blood unless it is in our own defense.
By the way I am considered a good neighbor. I help when needed, but know enough to mind my own business. Good neighbors don't force themselves into everyone else's lives.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
LOL look what our good help did for Iran. They got to enjoy the tender mercies of the Shah!!! Now we wonder why Iran doesn't like us.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 AM

675 posts, read 543,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I hope I never have you for a neighbor with yours. You disagree with me and you and your friends invade my home? That is what you are asking the USA to do.
Have you ever served in the military? Have you ever been in a fire fight? I have. You would like it to mean something more than dethroning one fanatic for another. People who have never served seem to be pretty willing to send our soldiers to die for a cause that has not one thing to do with our national defense. Have you ever watched a close friend bleed out on the field of battle? I have. I would never wish it on anyone. If we must go to war, if we must send troops into harms way, let it be for our nation and our own people.
10 million gallons of foreign blood is not worth 1 drop of American blood unless it is in our own defense.
By the way I am considered a good neighbor. I help when needed, but know enough to mind my own business. Good neighbors don't force themselves into everyone else's lives.
Nothing to do with "disagreeing"

Has everything to do with respecting inherent human rights.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
When have we literally ran another country? Notice that is different than installing local governments etc.
We kinda had that whole "freedom and democracy" thing going on in our domestic and foreign policy for the last few hundred years or so. You're suggesting that we now follow in the steps of dictators like Hitler and Stalin... are you crazy? Hasn't the last ten years of wasted money and American lives over there been enough?

Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:

All meddling over there is a bad plan! It sucks to be them, but if they haven't figured out over there how to be free in the past couple of thousand of years, then they aren't going to now! I'm concerned about OUR country, its citizens, and that our freedoms and liberties are being further erroded courtsey of BS like the Patriot ACT, under the guise of a "war on terrah!" Oh... and let's not forget the failed "war on drugs" in which our government plays both sides of the coin.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Can't rep you enough!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies