Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
And The faux outrage of the progressive mitlitants is 1000X times that of the Tea Party right.

They get outraged by NFL team names and large cups of soda. The right gets outraged at the IRS targeting certain groups and our President lying about the the death of Americans. Now which side demonstrates more "faux" in their outrage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no "flip", President Bush wasnt demonized, or government wasnt shut down. The business of out nation didnt stop because Democrats didnt like him.
captured for posterity.

the mind boggles.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:46 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
[dumb picture]
If you're opposed to racism and bigotry, is it a stretch to say that people who disagree with you in that context are in favor of racism and bigotry?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:46 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,730,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no "flip", President Bush wasnt demonized, or government wasnt shut down. The business of out nation didnt stop because Democrats didnt like him.
Fact -There was not a government shutdown during the W Bush Presidency.

Joke- President Bush was not demonized.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,226,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
If you're opposed to racism and bigotry, is it a stretch to say that people who disagree with you in that context are in favor of racism and bigotry?
It could be a stretch. Perception is everything.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:15 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
It could be a stretch. Perception is everything.
Maybe. That image is very "why can't I say the n-word in public anymore?!"

Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
All if this talk about the Redskins made me think about the topic of armchair liberals. Does anyone here deal with armchair liberals on a daily basis? I live in a city full of them. Urban dictionary gives a pretty good definition for being urban dictionary "a person of liberal ideals who takes no action to realize them." I think the biggest "theme" for armchair liberals is how they think they are helping the poor simply because they vote Democrat, then they dust off their hands and congratulate themselves on being such great activists. I find them annoying, but harmless.
Nope I rarely encounter loony liberals even when I lived in NYC. In NYC you do encounter types that feign belief in the various cool causes of the day. To date I have yet to meet one person offline that thinks the Redskins' name should be changed.

Also it's being reported that Snyder is even more defiant. He said if they want him to change the name he will, he will remove, "Washington"

Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,226,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Maybe. That image is very "why can't I say the n-word in public anymore?!"
Ok. I'm blonde and tired. I'm not getting the sarcasm.??

Old 06-19-2014, 11:32 AM

13,289 posts, read 7,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
My family is full of them.

Many voted for obummer and his minions but would'nt let that "******" in the front door (actual statement)
Micker?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:34 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,734,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
All if this talk about the Redskins made me think about the topic of armchair liberals. Does anyone here deal with armchair liberals on a daily basis? I live in a city full of them. Urban dictionary gives a pretty good definition for being urban dictionary "a person of liberal ideals who takes no action to realize them." I think the biggest "theme" for armchair liberals is how they think they are helping the poor simply because they vote Democrat, then they dust off their hands and congratulate themselves on being such great activists. I find them annoying, but harmless.
I deal with armchair conservatives. You know, they make up the majority of the Republican party. The ones who sit silent and don't talk about a balance budget once conservatives are in office, blame government for their own personal failings in life rather than take ownership for their lack of success, whine about everything the left does even if it was the best course of action or the same thing that would have happened under conservative leadership, etc.

While this forum is almost entirely angry conservatives, I see very few posts of any substance, so I'd argue that armchair conservatives are a bigger problem and it would be nice to actually see any posts of the conservative variety here that are well thought out with ideas based on data and facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies